Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Discovered a crash in updated version

Discovered a crash in updated version

Postby Beldarius » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:52 am

I just redownloaded LFII from Aldorlea's site and ran into a crash. I'm trying to get Kratin to pull out the sword at the Tower of Weapons; I write out his name and he says something about being plenty strong, and then this happens:

It seems the scene is expecting Djarma to be present for some reason.
"Young lady, stars shine only in the sky, and those that fall to Earth never shine again." - Anubis, Ronin Warriors

Note: I'm a girl, even though my avatar is not (he's Capricorn Shura from Saint Seiya, btw)
Beldarius
Wanderer

Re: Discovered a crash in updated version

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 am

I don't see why his face wouldn't be there, so I tend to think the game was incorrectly downloaded and/or installed.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Beldarius » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 pm

I downloaded and installed the game directly from here: https://www.aldorlea.org/laxiusforce2.php ...I even tried again by uninstalling the game and reinstalling from the same location, but it's still doing it.

I'm trying to do this after destroying Arvendel in LF2, which means Djarma isn't part of the team yet. Not sure if the game expects him to be. (I can't check the existence of the file myself since the Graphics folder only has a Pictures folder with a Thumbs file in it, not actual pictures. I opened that Thumbs file in a thumb.db viewer and it only has three pictures in it: intro-2, splash1 and splash2... the latter a remnant of Big Fish.)

EDIT: I discovered the reason! If you try to pull the sword when Kratin doesn't have enough strength (has to be over 900), the game seems to expect Djarma to say something. I first tried when Kratin had around 800 STR and got the crash; when I did over 900, it worked.
Last edited by Beldarius on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Young lady, stars shine only in the sky, and those that fall to Earth never shine again." - Anubis, Ronin Warriors

Note: I'm a girl, even though my avatar is not (he's Capricorn Shura from Saint Seiya, btw)
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby Kale » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 pm

Apologies about that, I wasn’t sure if it was just me getting the crash for some reason (My computer is a little janky sometimes). I was vague in the walkthrough and just said “Make sure he has 900+ST”.

Given that Kratin being in LF2 at all was only discovered recently, this issue likely just flew under the radar. I imagine it was either fixed in LF3, or Kratin may rejoin at such a high level in LF3 that having 900+ST is all but assured. Glad you figured it all out.
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions