Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Cindy fighters guild

Cindy fighters guild

Postby blumyst » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:45 am

I know have Cindy at level 54, brussien is just 43. Do I have to keep leveling up to get the thievery points
to open the chest at the fighters guild? I had no idea until now about the Linderitz Scimitar weapon, Sharp Spike shield, P
Thermo Suit armor, and Fast Shoes other and didnt know where to get the first 3. Thought I had the fast shoes tho
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Re: Cindy fighters guild

Postby Kale » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:54 am

The biggest issue you face; is that Brussian does not learn Werewolf Bite till Lv56. The Werewolf status effect boosts Cindy’s Speed stat by a pretty substantial +56%, and that is not something that can easily be overcome or replaced. I believe that reaching Lv56 with Brussian to learn Werewolf Bite; would likely be faster than leveling up Cindy enough to succeed without it.

For what it is worth, the original Lv50 requirement that said you needed the Lindertz Scimitar, Sharp Spike Shield, etc., did not take the Lust Power (+10% Speed) status effect into consideration. So you do have some wiggle room to work with, and no longer need the absolute best Speed+ gear anymore. Still, the 56% speed boost from Werewolf is probably irreplaceable, short of leveling Cindy up to maybe Lv80+ perhaps? (Maybe Lv65+ if you are on Easy Mode? I’m really just kinda guessing here though, no guarantees)

You may also consider just waiting until LF3 to open this chest. There are additional speed boosting status effects available by then; that make it much easier to reach 65 Stealing. Granted, you would not be able to get the Duke’s Monocle, or complete the Animal Butchery Quest until LF3. I am unsure if there are any other side effects to waiting until LF3 beyond that.

------------------------------

Also, here is the stealing information that was added to the 2023 edition of the walkthrough. It says pretty much everything that can be said on the topic in excruciating detail, and will potentially answer any follow up questions you might have:

Spoiler: show
The exact formula to calculate your Stealing seems to be: (Credit to Seraphus)

+18Pts: Stealing Points: A reward from the Thieves' Guild in Chapter 3 of LF1.
+8 to +12Pts: Primo Hat: Equip on Cindy. Import exclusive. (Bonus is random each try)
+1 to +3Pts: Luck Ring: 'Other' equipment for Random. (Bonus is random each try)
+1Pt: Per 10 level ups on Cindy (So +5Pts at Lv. 50 for example)
+1Pt: Per 100 speed on Cindy (So +10Pt at 1000SP, or +15Pts at 1500SP for example)

(The Primo Hat and Luck Ring offer a random bonus each time. The two together will give you +9 to +15 Stealing on any given attempt, so multiple attempts will be needed to get +15.)

Status Effects that boost your SP stat:

Easy Mode: +30% SP (Select Easy Mode at the start of the game)
Lust Power: +10%SP (Give 5000 gold to Magdalena. Access with high GWP at Harpy Guild)
Werewolf: +56%SP (De-equip Brussian’s weapon, so Cindy survives Werewolf Bite [Lv. 56])
Energy Burn: +100% SP (Tarabulla’s Energy Burn; inflict Werewolf first as this halves Max HP)

(To get rid of Werewolf after, de-equip Cindy’s weapon and stall out a fight by using the Defend command for several rounds in a row)

To reach 65 Stealing you have to boost Cindy’s SP stat considerably. Equip the best SP+ items you do own on Cindy, and stack every Aura listed above that you can access. Assuming Cindy is Lv. 50, and you have +18 Stealing Points from LF1, and get the full +15 Stealing bonus from the Primo Hat and Luck Ring; Cindy will need 2700SP to succeed. If you don’t have the Primo Hat, but do have everything else, Cindy will need 3900SP to succeed.

Cindy doesn’t actually need to be level 50 to achieve this anymore, since I found out about the Lust Power aura, but it does give you some extra wiggle room to work with. You can also use some of your permanent +SP items on Cindy to reach the next 100SP barrier, if you’re right on the cusp of success.
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:19 pm

Kale wrote:The biggest issue you face; is that Brussian does not learn Werewolf Bite till Lv56. The Werewolf status effect boosts Cindy’s Speed stat by a pretty substantial +56%, and that is not something that can easily be overcome or replaced. I believe that reaching Lv56 with Brussian to learn Werewolf Bite; would likely be faster than leveling up Cindy enough to succeed without it.

For what it is worth, the original Lv50 requirement that said you needed the Lindertz Scimitar, Sharp Spike Shield, etc., did not take the Lust Power (+10% Speed) status effect into consideration. So you do have some wiggle room to work with, and no longer need the absolute best Speed+ gear anymore. Still, the 56% speed boost from Werewolf is probably irreplaceable, short of leveling Cindy up to maybe Lv80+ perhaps? (Maybe Lv65+ if you are on Easy Mode? I’m really just kinda guessing here though, no guarantees)

You may also consider just waiting until LF3 to open this chest. There are additional speed boosting status effects available by then; that make it much easier to reach 65 Stealing. Granted, you would not be able to get the Duke’s Monocle, or complete the Animal Butchery Quest until LF3. I am unsure if there are any other side effects to waiting until LF3 beyond that.

Thankyou Kale guess i should either level up or come back to this later or both.

------------------------------

Also, here is the stealing information that was added to the 2023 edition of the walkthrough. It says pretty much everything that can be said on the topic in excruciating detail, and will potentially answer any follow up questions you might have:

Spoiler: show
The exact formula to calculate your Stealing seems to be: (Credit to Seraphus)

+18Pts: Stealing Points: A reward from the Thieves' Guild in Chapter 3 of LF1.
+8 to +12Pts: Primo Hat: Equip on Cindy. Import exclusive. (Bonus is random each try)
+1 to +3Pts: Luck Ring: 'Other' equipment for Random. (Bonus is random each try)
+1Pt: Per 10 level ups on Cindy (So +5Pts at Lv. 50 for example)
+1Pt: Per 100 speed on Cindy (So +10Pt at 1000SP, or +15Pts at 1500SP for example)

(The Primo Hat and Luck Ring offer a random bonus each time. The two together will give you +9 to +15 Stealing on any given attempt, so multiple attempts will be needed to get +15.)

Status Effects that boost your SP stat:

Easy Mode: +30% SP (Select Easy Mode at the start of the game)
Lust Power: +10%SP (Give 5000 gold to Magdalena. Access with high GWP at Harpy Guild)
Werewolf: +56%SP (De-equip Brussian’s weapon, so Cindy survives Werewolf Bite [Lv. 56])
Energy Burn: +100% SP (Tarabulla’s Energy Burn; inflict Werewolf first as this halves Max HP)

(To get rid of Werewolf after, de-equip Cindy’s weapon and stall out a fight by using the Defend command for several rounds in a row)

To reach 65 Stealing you have to boost Cindy’s SP stat considerably. Equip the best SP+ items you do own on Cindy, and stack every Aura listed above that you can access. Assuming Cindy is Lv. 50, and you have +18 Stealing Points from LF1, and get the full +15 Stealing bonus from the Primo Hat and Luck Ring; Cindy will need 2700SP to succeed. If you don’t have the Primo Hat, but do have everything else, Cindy will need 3900SP to succeed.

Cindy doesn’t actually need to be level 50 to achieve this anymore, since I found out about the Lust Power aura, but it does give you some extra wiggle room to work with. You can also use some of your permanent +SP items on Cindy to reach the next 100SP barrier, if you’re right on the cusp of success.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:58 pm

Kale unfortunately if I dont do this area I cant leave town. How can i get an updated version of the walkthru?
Ive just read in the forum that the "party" is supposedly in the inventory and thats an updated version of the
game is that right?
Last edited by blumyst on Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:47 am

I’m not sure what you mean by you can’t leave town without doing this part? Do you mean the game has actually locked you inside Adretana, or you’re making the choice not to advance until you’ve stolen the chest? I believe you lose access to the southern/eastern 1001 Lakes area at some point, perhaps right after Luci rejoins your party?

Beyond that, you should be at the point in the game where you have to visit your HQ to advance the game forward? It will switch your party leader to Sarah, but also locks you out of Adretana for the remainder of LF2. You would want to complete any quests and wrap everything up before doing that.
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:50 am

Kale wrote:I’m not sure what you mean by you can’t leave town without doing this part? Do you mean the game has actually locked you inside Adretana, or you’re making the choice not to advance until you’ve stolen the chest? I believe you lose access to the southern/eastern 1001 Lakes area at some point, perhaps right after Luci rejoins your party?

Beyond that, you should be at the point in the game where you have to visit your HQ to advance the game forward? It will switch your party leader to Sarah, but also locks you out of Adretana for the remainder of LF2. You would want to complete any quests and wrap everything up before doing that.

UGH!
Yeah ive lost access to the southern/eastern 1001 lakes area. Will I be able to come back to this part then where I have to have cindi steal the chest? If i go to head quarters then Sarah is the lead and I have to find where that is in the walkthrough
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 am

The moment you return to the HQ and Sarah takes over as party leader, is the point of no return. Once that happens, you can no longer return to Adretana or access the Cindy chest in LF2. You do eventually get access to all of Adretana and the chest again in LF3 though.

The walkthrough covers Sarah taking over as party leader as part of step #43. Make sure you have wrapped up all quests and any shopping you want to do first though, and don't forget the chocolte box.
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:08 pm

Ok, this means I have to level up even more now since I have just one of the items that i need.
Ive tried getting the werewolf bite and the energy burn from tara and they didnt work.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:08 am

If you have access to Magdalena’s Shrine via the Harpy Guild travel options, try it with the +10%SP Lust Power boost you can get by donating 5000 gold there. Assuming you didn’t already? It may not sound like a lot, but 10% can go further than you may think, when combined with every other boost. Also, make sure you are getting the max random bonus from the Luck Ring and/or Primo Hat if you have them.

Beyond that, the only thing you can really do is level up Cindy more, and/or use permanent speed boosting items once you are close to 65 Thievery. If you’re not even close to 65 Thievery, you may be better off coming back in LF3.

Best of luck whichever route you do take!
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:08 am

Kale wrote:If you have access to Magdalena’s Shrine via the Harpy Guild travel options, try it with the +10%SP Lust Power boost you can get by donating 5000 gold there. Assuming you didn’t already? It may not sound like a lot, but 10% can go further than you may think, when combined with every other boost. Also, make sure you are getting the max random bonus from the Luck Ring and/or Primo Hat if you have them.

Beyond that, the only thing you can really do is level up Cindy more, and/or use permanent speed boosting items once you are close to 65 Thievery. If you’re not even close to 65 Thievery, you may be better off coming back in LF3.

Best of luck whichever route you do take!

Thanks Kale! I actually got thru and am at the manor now. I dont remember how I did it before but got thru it
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions