Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Walkthrough discussion

Re: Walkthrough discussion

Postby puzzled » Tue May 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Mellowkat is also wrong about getting the Duke's monocle. I stole it at level 43 with cindy. I did not equip the primo hat, I equipped the tyrant hat instead (random drop off of the boss in the guth castle). With werewolf/energy burn I was at 4600 speed. I think the speed helps more than the thievery points, because I stole it right then and there.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Kale » Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 am

The walk the line quest was already covered in the LF1 walkthrough, and the LF2 walkthrough assumed it already complete. It's a real interesting find though, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few other goodies hidden away that you would only find by not completing all the quests as early as possible.

--------------------------

For the monocle, that part was actually Kehaul. There was a fair bit of going back and forth between the two authors in chapter 7, and it's more than a little confusing who did what specifically.

Are you sure though. I still have a save file with Cindy all the way at LV. 50, with 3800+ SP using the walkthrough's setup and Tyrant Hat, and she can only pull in 64 of the needed 65 thief points on her best attempt. Were you playing the game on the easy setting maybe, or was this from your non-import play? It's possible that non-importers got a bonus to their thievery points, or it could even be that the points don't properly import from LF1. (Who would really ever check, or how would they check?)

Edit: Actually, I think I might have figured it out. The easy setting adds a 30% bonus to the characters stats. Assuming you're on the easy difficulty setting, that's why your Cindy would have that much SP, and be able to complete it at a lower level then someone on the normal difficulty could.
Kale
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Wed May 12, 2010 4:06 am

That must be it, because I am on the easy setting. I had 70 thievery points at 4600 speed. So whoever wrote that part of the guide isn't wrong after all if they were on normal. Didn't realize easy gave that big a boost to stats O_O
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Kale » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah, I think it's 30%. I could go back and check to make sure, but I could also just be lazy and go with that assumption till someone proves it inaccurate. :P

It works much the same as Laxius Party did, giving everyone the 'easy' status effect that boosts their primary four stats by X%. 30% may not sounds like much, but it does make a difference.
Kale
Explorer

Postby flavie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I've just bought the 4 elements statue at Llanelly, I cliked "don'tput anything" with 35PS I got it (for 4,000) +::YAY
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby loof123 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:34 pm

That's a good thing since paying at least 10.000 is bad...
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby flavie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 pm

May I ask? Someone sent me a great savefile with all things done from LF1 full stats, plenty of cool items.. I put it in LF2 savefiles and when I clicked toload it: "crash detected attempting to recover, if this error continues to occur press and hold F8 to exit. No method error: undefuined method 'game'
for nil:NilClass
Section 087:106:in'zenab-questbook-sore..
93:95 in 'on-decision'.... "(other sections)
at the savefile table this savefile appears blank, hopefully I kept my savefile.
I sent a mail to him but Ifear he's on holidays.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:57 pm

If it's a savefile ready to import for LF2, you should paste in the savefiles of LFI
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby flavie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:21 pm

ok done, I didn't keep LF1 could (you) use my savefile I 'll send you in a mail, talk to Luciana in the throne room andsave after the credits for me? Or should I ask the question in LF1 forum? :)
flavie
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Dind't recivied your file.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby flavie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 pm

mail sent, I didn't know we could see personal mails..
flavie
Explorer

Postby dgford » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I found something I didn't see in the walkthrough:

When you get done with the Guth quest, and you go to the Square Tower, go back to where the extra skill learning areas are (enter the tower, go right to where the sword is, and then exit the stairs). Then, go all the way down to the Lamia. B/c your guild level in the Fighter's Guild is high enough now, Random can learn "Particle Blade", which heals the caster, and causes dispersion.
dgford
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:37 pm

The particle blade does get covered a few steps later in the walkthrough. (The next time you visit that area I believe) The walkthrough tends to do this to save on backtracking time mostly.
Kale
Explorer

Postby crcdcc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

Little bit of advice that helped me with Alexandra's second dream......
When you're sinking in the depths, the walkthrough says to use your omega buddons....nay.

H-BOMB.....killed both sets of lamias instantly.

Don't know if anyone else has stumbled on that yet, but it saved my hiney. +::biggrin
crcdcc
Wanderer

Postby hitamputih_1207 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 am

hi,
chapter 6 , quest 'Destroy Cult of Vampires'.
When Random talk to Sandra , there are no 'Hey, Luci' option . Why is it so ?
thankyou :)
And I like asking questions, to keep learning; people with big egos might not want to look unsure.
hitamputih_1207
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions