Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Walkthrough discussion

Re: Walkthrough discussion

Postby Kale » Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 am

Yeah, that particular tidbit is a bit more well known on the other forum. The encounter itself is kind of rare though, and I don't recall if the drop chance is even 100% on the ore. I think it may have been omitted from the walkthrough simply because of how time consuming it is to try and grind out ores. It took Pato 20 hours between his "Leaving Sandronista" save file and his "Exiting the Caves" with 99 Sacerium Ores save file; if that gives you a fairly good estimate of just how rare that encounter/drop is.
Kale
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Fri May 07, 2010 7:11 am

Ouch...kudos to pato's patience.

I actually got 2 encounters in there before I left, and both times the ore dropped.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby flavie » Fri May 07, 2010 11:04 am

It would be useful to have a list of the quests you can/can't do cos for example I've 2 witch coven quests I'd like to know if I could do them.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Kale » Fri May 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I don't know if anyone made a complete quest list for LF2. Someone had started a list, but it doesn't appear it ever got completed. Here's a complete quest list for LF1 at least: http://www.laxiusgames.org/phpbb3/viewt ... 483#p86483

For the witch coven though, you're probably talking about these two:

81. Roseanne (Witch coven) Bring druid book
82. Lady Deredeline (Witch coven) Find a way to warm Lady Deredeline up

They can't be completed in LF1/LF2 so you don't need to worry about them. You should be able to complete them in LF3. The druid book you could not buy until chapter 4, and there has been no way to get back to Roseanne with it yet. For the second one, the popular belief is that Luciana (Or perhaps Tarabulla) can accomplish it, but it's similarly been impossible to get back to the chapter 3 area yet.
Kale
Explorer

Postby flavie » Fri May 07, 2010 7:06 pm

For the witch coven, I've killed the Inquisitors, and I didn't get the Crystal of Terryx yet (which I really wonder where is it exactly in the Southern Lands of Mt Zulle +:::|
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Fri May 07, 2010 11:59 pm

The walkthrough would have been nice to put in 2 things

1) kill the bunny so you can complete art guild quest. By the time it tells you to kill the bunny it's way too late, it's already distracting the guy. Should have a warning earlier in the guide about that

2) probably best to hold off on destroying undead pit, because of that suspicious looking flame that tarabulla comments on. Can't access the undead pit after you destroy it so I wouldn't destroy it.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Kale » Sat May 08, 2010 6:42 am

1) Ah, that's because the walkthrough hosted here is apparently outdated slightly. The one at LaxiusGames specifically mentions the bunny in step #2 of Chapter 6; the first chance you can do it in LF2. Sorry about that.
I'm going to have to poke ShadowBlade again to see if we can get that amended. (Where's a 'poking' emoticon when you need it?)

2) That's the kind of speculation that seems best left up to the player's discretion. For all we know, LF3 could cut off your access the area, and you'd just be out the quest. Or for that matter, the flame could even just be an unfinished event that snuck its way into LF2. Regardless, there probably won't be any more major updates to the walkthrough at this point, unless something fantastic is discovered, or when 1.7 comes out.

Edit: Or perhaps if SurferGranny or someone else is willing to map out the rest of chapter 8.

----------------------------------------

Edit some more:

Flavie, you need to go exploring with the ice crawler (the transportation machine that takes you across the mountains) to get to the crystal. The walkthrough covers it in more detail than I could provide, so you might want to look it up if you're still interested.
Kale
Explorer

Postby flavie » Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 pm

yes Sounther Lands of Mt Zulle not of Adretana, well the main quest forbids me to go there for now.
flavie
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sat May 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Edit: Or perhaps if SurferGranny or someone else is willing to map out the rest of chapter 8.

But chapter 8 has lots of maps done by Patojonas.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby ShadowBlade » Sat May 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Kale wrote:I'm going to have to poke ShadowBlade again to see if we can get that amended.

Poking successful and mistake fixed. +::biggrin
ShadowBlade
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks ShadowBlade. I could kiss ya, but then things would just get all weird.

D-Squall: Yeah, he did a heck of a lotta maps for chapter 7/8, but he only mapped out up to the area that leads into the temple. If anyone, and this would include him, were to map out the remaining bits of the game; that'd be sufficient enough to see an update. It's not that much left compared to the sheer amount that has been mapped out already, but it's still quite a hefty workload. There's:

The Alchemy Contest (Exterior and Interior)
The Temple (Exterior, Interior, Side Rooms, Alternate Entrances, Forge, Basement, Upstairs, Roof, Dungeon, Oracle)
Alexandra's Mind 2
Destroyed Temple

There might possibly be a straggler, but I believe that's all the maps remaining.
Kale
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 am

Why does mellokat say to unequip herbert/joshua during their first party split in arvendel dome? You have the opportunity later to take off their equipment, right after sarah is captured.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Kale » Tue May 11, 2010 6:26 am

I think it was just to be on the safe side, to make sure it gets done then, rather than miss the window of opportunity later. Or it could just be that she wasn't entirely sure when the last opportunity to unequip them was when writing up that part of the walkthrough.

I'm thinking it might have been the latter, but it could just as easily been either/or/both.
Kale
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Tue May 11, 2010 7:13 am

I really really don't like the wording in a couple places in the walkthrough, really screwed me up.

One was in the arvendel dome regarding how to get the coelecanth scale, it simply says to "return to the switch behind the gate." Should have said that the switch is on the right entry point in the water, to remind us.

The other was in snake rock, it says something really weird like "Now go up and right down the second path." Up to that point everything was clear, and the event right before where you get the gold from the bed is clear. But I had zero idea what it meant by going "right down the second path." There is an "up", but after that there is a "left", and it doesn't correspond at all with anything after that. Eventually I found the next step which is the room with the air bomb, but this direction was incredibly wrong and frustrating. There were also a couple other points in the arvendel dome where it should have said to go up a screen before telling the next direction, those were confusing but less so.

Also in snake rock it's not explained what hiding actually does for you, or how to use it properly. All that it says in the walkthrough is that it "decreases the chances of being attacked." This is completely false. What it does is pre emptively force your team into defense mode for the first round of battle. It's perfect against the surprise attacks because it protects you the first round when you're all surprised. But, you don't want to be in hide mode all the time because in regular encounters, it's simply a waste of a first round since you're all defending when you're normally be attacking. So you want to alternate to unhide mode if you see a visible encounter,and be in hide mode all the other times for ambushes.

Also in snake rock it says something really dumb: "First up go down." Should not word it that way, screwed me up. I went up, since it said first up. Should say, first, go down. Or first go down. Not first up go down.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby puzzled » Tue May 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Tiny secret I found: if you waited until you get Alexandra, the Guild of Wanderers gives her +7 SP for completing the walk the line quest (everyone else receives 5 SP). The guild leader comments on what a fast learner she is too.
puzzled
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions