Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Non import too hard?

Non import too hard?

Postby puzzled » Mon May 10, 2010 3:56 am

I just tried a non import game.

I believe the game is a little bit too hard, why?

Well the chapter 5 is ok, it starts getting rough at chapter 6.

Because in the very first "main" mission at arvendel dome, you have to develop a total of 12 characters fairly well for the 3 party split, but here's the problem - there is no great leveling spot that gives good exp/gold, and you have two required characters, which means you have to farm exp in five sessions to get your 12 characters up to a good level for the dome. Very very painful to spend that much time leveling up, but you have to considering you have inferior equipment and gold and levels.

Wayyyyy too many characters to level up, and you don't have seed pendants. You also don't have good access to cash - there are no good fights for gold, and you can't even burgle houses or reduce merchant price because you lack the items from LF1.

Lacking gold/items from nonimport is OK, but I think it's a huge problem for non import that you have to spend so much time leveling up all those characters, especially with random/luci as required ones.
puzzled
Explorer

Re: Non import too hard?

Postby Indinera » Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 am

Interesting. I thought the underwater and Herbert's parts were quite simple though?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby puzzled » Mon May 10, 2010 7:02 am

If you plan on skipping all the challenging fights in there (there's some nasty sea creatures if I remember), it's probably easy.

The water and herbert sure felt easy - when I imported with herbert at 58 with his aura bomb, and wendala at 86 with a nasty hitting carnage spell (which nonimports learn at 62, but wendala starts at 28 I think?).

It's probably doable, but I think the problem is I feel like I have to spend hours and hours to get ready - I can't think of any good spots to level before arvendel, no seed pendants, and 2 mandatory characters means it takes longer to train everyone.

I think it would have helped if there was that thing like back in the LP series where inactive charas gain 1/4 exp that the main people do. 2 mandatories, no seed pendants, and no good leveling spot = not fun preparing for arvendel.

I don't even know where to make enough gold to buy the epic blade to give random a half decent weapon, that would take quite a long while and also need quite a lot of healing items. The hydra or minotaur give 35 gold apiece, so I guess I could sit there and do the battle over 1000 times to get enough gold.

Is there even a good gold spot so we can try to buy the manor? (no the milipufs in chapter 8 don't count because we need the manor during chapter 7 to recruit the people at snake rock). It scares me to farm the same one weak monster over and over that drops 35 gold, but that's the best I can think of (fire trainers dont drop any gold, they are decent exp but not that great)
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 am

It's probably doable, but I think the problem is I feel like I have to spend hours and hours to get ready - I can't think of any good spots to level before arvendel, no seed pendants, and 2 mandatory characters means it takes longer to train everyone.

Train Rosa (or Wendie) and someone from Herbert's party against the trio of Minotaur demons that replenish. :)
I would do that. ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby puzzled » Mon May 10, 2010 7:20 am

So forget the manor (200,000g)? There's no bunny race to get rich, nor heaven dragons. And no milipufs chapter 8 don't count because we need manor in chapter 7 during snake rock.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon May 10, 2010 7:23 am

Hmmm I dunno if there is a good spot for money, but the manor is more for imports imo.
Besides it's kinda
Spoiler: show
useless lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby puzzled » Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 am

Can't burgle, no mercantile points = baretta basic shop ouch ouch ouch no money to buy stuff. Random sure doesn't feel powerful when the best thing he has is his heaven sword.

It also seems like you would need random's dragon tomb spell in arvendel (remember there's a double lethal dragon fight), but that takes quite a bit of effort to develop enough stats to learn it from the tower guild.

I also don't like how usually leveling up a lot hurts my eyes; for instance I'm using the fire guild and using lava wall/thunder gate over and over and the flash gets really really really annoying after a while, I hate that. Hurts my eyes.

I hope in LF3 it's going to be more practical to level up, considering we'll have 36 charas
puzzled
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions