Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

persuasion points,sun boomer

persuasion points,sun boomer

Postby flavie » Tue May 25, 2010 5:28 pm

How to get SP.. persuasion points? (to convince Palcon and Martha) Random has 35/150 :(

By the way when Sarah has sun boomer, I've often see this to be used in th walkthrough.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Re: persuasion points,sun boomer

Postby Kale » Tue May 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Persuasion is all gained from the Thieves' Guild during chapter 3 by talking to certain members after completing each specific quest for the guild. It comes in three rewards of 20, 15, and then 10; giving you a total of 45. The other 24pts (For a total of 69pts) comes from the gable's cigar accessory, which you can buy from the Thieves' Guild after completing enough quests for them. I believe Palcon requires exactly 69pts to persuade him, so you are out of luck on that quest until LF2. I don't know what Martha's requirement is though.

LF2 offers a better accessory than the Gable's Cigar, so you may be able to complete the Martha one in LF2. Palcon, you can just talk to him in LF2, chapter 7 sometime and succeed the quest automatically if a certain character is in your party at that time.

Sun Boomer is learned at Lv. 42 by Sarah, and is pretty solidly her strongest magic spell. It gets even stronger as you level her up further to boot.
Kale
Explorer

Postby flavie » Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Sad to wait until I could go back to Thieve's Guild, I've 2 quests from them "Find the evil person".., I can't go further in Art and Magic Guild quests, I regret missing most part of Wanderer's Guild in LF1;
It's +::grrr to be stopped in side-quests.
I'll soon have Sarah level 42!
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby JTtheFISH » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:49 am

I am having same problem...what is better accessory than the Gables Cigar???? When and where can it be found?
JTtheFISH
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:53 am

As far as I know there isn't any other item of persuasion, well, there's the monocle for the Butcher quest, but I don't think that raise persuasion points, to don't have problem with persuasion you have to do all the quests of the wanderer guild and gain persuasion points. And of course have the gables cigar. :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby JTtheFISH » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:00 am

If that is true, it is poor game making to disallow progress on a sequel level if you do not complete 100% of original game and yet complete the game.....should be some kind of notation to warn. not a good thing.
JTtheFISH
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 am

You don't need to do everthing, just do everthing you can :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby JTtheFISH » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks for all trying to help. The saga will continue....
JTtheFISH
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:54 am

Of course, and don't expect the end in LF3, still gonna have another trilogy called Laxius S....
only Indy knows the rest of the name +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby EmeraldEyez » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 am

You could always go back and replay LF1 and get more persuasion points from the the Thieves Guild....If you have a save that starts at the beginning of Chapter 3 it shouldn't take too long to complete the entire game....once you get all of the persuasion points from the guild in LF1 you will be able to complete all quests that require persuasion...Indi would never create a quest that couldn't be completed at some point :)
And always remember Mellowkat put together an awesome walkthrough that will guide you throughout the entire game +::clap
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby flavie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes it's annoying to notice missed quests, I've the demon parts! Marion is dead so I can't do "girl missing". For Civelia's necklace I've to wait to have Cindy to do it (she's the blond soldier,isn't it?)well I think the game should allow to go back to Mt-Zulle... previous areas, cos here I can't go further on some Guilds, it's a shame! I didn't keep LF 1 just the last savefile, it's so tedious to restart from chap 3.
The walkthrough teaches us things we couldn't have noticed! Though it doesn't say for example who and where killed 10,000monsters.
flavie
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:48 pm

You probably go back to Mt. Zulle in LF3, this features of not going back to places if for let the game harder to complete quests, and I like it :)

In LF there isn't anything bad, only one thing. Is that you can't escape when there's random encounters. ;)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Kale » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:08 pm

The duke's monocle increases persuasion by 35pts, while the gable's cigar only increases it by 24pts, so that's 11pts of extra persuasion power. Depending on the requirement, those 11pts may be enough to complete a quest which you were unable to complete before. The duke's monocle in question can be found in LF2, chapter 7; after you recruit a certain person. I don't want to get into spoilers too much beyond that, but the walkthrough covers it in detail if you want to peek ahead.

flavie wrote:The walkthrough teaches us things we couldn't have noticed! Though it doesn't say for example who and where killed 10,000monsters.

It actually does. :)

At the very end of the LF1 walkthrough it recommends an area and a character to do the quest with. It also says that it's time intensive and that the reward is not worth the investment. LF2 started off from a save that had already completed the quest back in LF1, and just never revisited the quest again.
Kale
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh right, monocle, what would be of me if you weren't here to correct my mistakes +::lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby flavie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:55 pm

+::Thumbup we'll go back in MtZulle in LF3, it's cool!!
@Kale really though I've ctrl+F monsters.... I'll ckeck again. I've persuaded Martha and Palcon after the king's death! +::wizard
flavie
Explorer

Next

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions