Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Bang Burn

Bang Burn

Postby unitedthu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 am

Someone help me! I can't kill bang burn in the house of Mirsen !
unitedthu
Peasant

Re: Bang Burn

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Bang burn can be killed only when you fight him in the palace.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby unitedthu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 am

Thanks ! +::YAY
unitedthu
Peasant

Postby mamabear » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 am

I'm in the palace on the balcony. I have Ransom best equipment and he hit ZERO all the time with attack OR FURY. hOW DO I KILL IT +::surrender
mamabear
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

Ice Jail him with Sarah's Pituite Calling or Luci's Ice Blast and then Death with Sarah.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby mamabear » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:41 pm

I got it
thank you
mamabear
Bard

Postby txmimi » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:42 pm

I've been battling Bang Burn for over 30 minutes, but can't seem to hit it hard enough to counter its rehealing itself every turn. I've seen ice jail recommended, but the walkthrough says no to that. Other thoughts?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:13 am

Yeah, there was some confusion with bang burn overall. I think what might have happened, was the forum version of the walkthrough was updated with the freeze/death strategy, but that strategy may only work on the (optional) third encounter with Bang Burn. So players were trying to use that strategy the first time you encounter it, or the second time you encounter it, and it just doesn't work in either case.

Regarding the "don't use Ice Coffin' bit of the walkthrough; I think the second encounter with Bang Burn at the palace, will immediately flee from battle if you inflict ice coffin/paralysis/(ground lock?) on it. This would require the player to chase it down and fight it a third time, where they can finally beat it. A strong enough party could just beat it outright during the second encounter, without the extra effort of tracking it down again.

-------------------------------------

All things considered, I think chasing it away with ice coffin and then beating it later is your best bet. It's probably faster than spending several hours leveling Random to 80+(?) where he can solo it with Fury. During that third encounter, the Ice coffin into death or ground lock into death strategies should both be effective.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 pm

Ok, I will try the strategy of chasing it away to kill later. Is ice blast skill the same as ice coffin?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:49 pm

'Ice Jail' is a status effect that Bang Burn (second and third encounters only?) is susceptible to, some skills and specific weapons can inflict it on enemies. Sarah's 'Pituite Calling' spell and/or Rosa's 'Iceberg Calling' are the most readily available ways to inflict it. You may also have a bow as well as other weapons that can inflict it as well.

'Ice Blast' is a skill that Marion has, which actually inflicts the 'cold' status effect instead. It's not what you're looking for.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:46 pm

Thanks for these tips! Somehow I managed to beat it after many tries!
txmimi
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions