Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Steal points

Steal points

Postby CEMF » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi,I'm a bit stuck about the Steal Points,I can't open a chest in the back of fighters guild,because I got only 45 steal points.My Cindy is already at level 50,I got the 18 steal points at chapter 3 in LF,but I sold the primo hat ( +::O_o +::cry ).Even with lightning speed and energy burn from tarabulla,I still can't open the chest +::surrender
What can i do?Level Cindy up???HELLLLPPP! +::Thumbup
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Re: Steal points

Postby Kale » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Lightning Speed overrides Energy Burn, or vice-versa. You'll definitely want to be using Energy Burn though. Also make sure to inflict werewolf on Cindy as well, using Brussian's skill.

Beyond that, the tyrant mask (random drop from the boss in Guth [Q245]), gives a hefty boost to her speed stat. It's not quite as good as the primo hat, but it is darn close in effectiveness. If you don't have either hat, you're going to have to level Cindy massively to succeed. (Assuming her speed stat growth is consistent, you'd be looking at her in the 90's to succeed if my math is right.)

For reference, Cindy will need ~3875SP to succeed without the Primo Hat. That number should be about the same regardless of the difficulty choice you made, although it is much easier to reach it in easy.
Kale
Explorer

Postby CEMF » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 am

Well,I'm with 2419 SP,but when I cast Werewolf bite in Cindy...she dies! +::cry +::cry +::cry
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Kale » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:23 am

Energy burn reduces HP by half, making it that much harder for Cindy to survive the bite. I believe Energy Burn wears off after one battle, so get into a fight to make it wear off first. Heal her to full and she should be able to survive the bite then.

Otherwise, Werewolf Bite inflicts damage based on Brussian's AT/STR stats, which is reduced by Cindy's Res/Pdef stats. So unequip Brussian's weapon and anything that boosts his STR significantly. Similarly, equip Cindy with the highest Pdef equipment you own, and maybe even put on statuses like steel skin and whatnot. If that doesn't work, then your Brussian is a monstrously high level.
Kale
Explorer

Postby CEMF » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:16 am

I discovered this before your post xD I'm impressed...I have 3862!And I already used all the itens that give SP!Because of miserable 13 SP!I... +::lol
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby CEMF » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 pm

You was wrong...I'm at level 55 with her,and with 4001 SP and still can't open the chest...
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Kale » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 pm

~3875 was a rough approximation; you can't take it as being perfectly accurate on that accord. :P

I went back and checked, and it is higher, probably something more like ~3900SP+. I know 3917SP is enough to pull it off with the luck ring equipped, so I would guess that you don't have the luck ring equipped on Random. It adds a random bonus to thievery of 1-3, so you will have to check the chest a few times to get the full bonus from it. (To succeed, you should randomly be getting from 63-65 points on your attempt.)

If that still doesn't work, then you either missed out on some import bonus, or there is another variable at work that I'm not aware of.
Kale
Explorer

Postby CEMF » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am

Ehehehe,I was missing my hope,thanks kale \o/ +::YAY
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions