Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sharp Spike Shield

Sharp Spike Shield

Postby RowPro » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Somewhere I missed this item. Can someone help me out? I am trying to get my speed up to steal the chest in the Fighter's Guild and can't seem to get past about 1300 or so. I know I need to get more, but I have made a mistake by letting Tarabulla stay and guard the Fire Guild and don't know when I will have acxcess to her again! (I guess you should read the walkthu if you are going to try and follow it, huh?) Well, anyway, I am now stuck and need some help. Thanks in advance fro anyone who can contribute.
Never, never, never give up! - Winston Churchill
RowPro
Peasant

Re: Sharp Spike Shield

Postby Kale » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:31 am

The Sharp Spike shield is a random drop from the boss hornet in Pachami. It's not a particularly vital item to success; it just gives her a few extra Speed points than the other shields available. Go with whatever shield you do have on hand which adds the most Speed.

Tarabulla's energy burn (+200% Speed) is practically vital to success though. You'll have to downgrade to lightning speed (+150% Speed) as an alternative, but you'll have to grind a lot to make up the difference. Make sure that Random has the luck ring equipped when you attempt to steal. (It adds a random bonus of 1-3 to the attempt) Also make sure that Cindy has Lightning Speed and Werewolf both inflicted on her. Those two enchantments together will roughly double her base speed.

All told, Cindy will need ~2740SP with the primo hat to succeed. (Assuming a perfect import, and that Random is getting the full +3 bonus from his luck ring.)

The tyrant mask is a nice fallback option if you don't have the primo hat, it gives a hefty speed boost. It's slightly less effective overall, and without the primo hat, the speed requirement would increase to ~3900SP+.
Kale
Explorer

Postby RowPro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks. I equiped the Key of Hero instead of the Spiked Shield and used all the permanent items to boost her over 2900. Itr took several tries, but I finally got the chest open! Thanks for the help. I'll try not to be so helpless next time. (BTW - I went to a save from 2 hours earlier and got all my characters back and went through the entire process of raising Cindy's level to 50 again. Boy, are my fingers tired!)
Never, never, never give up! - Winston Churchill
RowPro
Peasant

Postby gala1954 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:55 am

Having played this game through almost 3 times now, I made the sharp spike shield a priority for me after I didn't have it the first time through and it took everything I had with multiple attempts to get the Mage guild red chest. If you're going through and haven't done the Pachemi quest, just save when all of the hornets are gone and you only have the queen left with her associated hornets. Play through until she drops the sharp spike shield. It took me two tries this past time, but I got it. It may only boost 1-3 points as was said here, but sometimes it's that darned 1 point you need to succeed. It's worth the abuse from the queen hornet to get, IMHO. +::biggrin
gala1954
Wanderer

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions