Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

LF 2 can't end Chapter 6

LF 2 can't end Chapter 6

Postby chrisjo2 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 am

Help me, please. I cannot find the secret room that Brussian is supposed to see. No blue arrow here and when I was in the sewer of this area. Cannot complete chapter. :(
chrisjo2
Peasant

Re: LF 2 can't end Chapter 6

Postby D-Squall » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:16 am

Sometimes, Brussian needs to have a higher level to see some secret areas.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby chrisjo2 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:23 am

I thought so but when I tried to go back to Adretana and get to the transport area Sarah she has to stay to search 1001 Lakes. How do I get back to town to level Brussian up?

Thanks for replying.
chrisjo2
Peasant

Postby Kale » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:56 am

I don't believe you need Brussian to see the blue arrow, it just helps you identify where the chains you need to pull are. If you zoom in on this map, it'll show you which chains to inspect:

Kale
Explorer

Postby chrisjo2 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Kale, thanks for the reply but this is not the area I am asking about. I am referring to Sarah's night time trip to the 1001 Lakes to find the head elf. She has only animals with her.
chrisjo2
Peasant

Postby loof123 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

It should be quite close there.
From the walkthrough:
44. Head back to the transport and continue going down and left. Buy some stuff at Solwan's shop if you wish. If you want, the square tower of weapons has updated its axe selection and now has ultima axes for sale. It also offers some new Dai-katana weapons as well. Possibly other stuff was added as well, but I had at least one of every other weapon they carried. When you're ready, head back to the four-way intersection and proceed up. Be careful of the dragon towards the top here since you don't have Random to annihilate it. Go left and continue towards the cave. As you near it, some anacondas will attack. During the second fight some stronger anacondas will attack. The Gorgonum is a repeat of a LF1 encounter, but your armor is much better since then so it shouldn't be too much trouble. This encounter very rarely yields a hydra tear, and the gorgonom itself will usually drop a Gorgonum skin. Inside the cave you will find a portal to proceed. Quest complete.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby chrisjo2 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

OK, I did all that and I went into the portal. After killing everything it says to start to leave and IF Brussian has a high enough level a blue arrow will appear on the stairs going down that will lead you to the secret room. This is the secret room that I am not fnding.
chrisjo2
Peasant

Postby Kale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 am

Sorry, when you said chapter 6, sewer, and blue arrow; that place was all that came to mind. Mentally jumping ahead to chapter 7, I think I may be on track with your line of questioning now, I hope. :razz:

If I have it right now, you're talking about these two occurrences of blue arrows; the location of each is highlighted in bright yellow if you zoom in:

ImageImage

Using the map for reference, you might try and search those two spots, to see if you can find the secret rooms anyways. I believe both of them require Brussian to see the blue arrow though, but it can’t hurt to try

Otherwise, Brussian's perception is supposed to go up by 1pt every time he levels up, while any Perception bonus you imported from LF1 is added to the final result. (Mellowkat or Indy had stated this formula somewhere I believe) With that in mind, you can either jump back to an earlier save file before Sarah left town with the animals (The point of no return), try and level up Brussian where you are, or just move on in the game.
Kale
Explorer

Postby chrisjo2 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks again Kale. I am going back to a previous save file before visiting HQ. I need to level up Brussian and Cindy. I'm using the Fire Guild with Seed Pendants. That's the best one right?
chrisjo2
Peasant

Postby Kale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 pm

It varies from person to person. I like the fire guild training option myself, but there are players who swear by leveling in other places. I remember someone brought up both Pachami (The place with hornets) and the ice castle (The purple flame at the fire guild can still take you there I believe) as alternatives. I don't remember if you can go back to Pachami once you complete the quest there though, and I believe the Ice castle was more for getting gold on top of just fast XP.

If you do stick with the fire guild training option, then you might also look into MP regen items for whichever character(s) you have that defeats the trainers quickly. That'll help with the occasional downtime of chugging MP+ items. Supposedly Guanida gets strong enough to 1 shot them with 'glue', and with the right accessory, he will never run out of MP. That might be at level 80 though, I never really experimented with him myself. I just stuck with Luciana's fire skill.
Kale
Explorer

Postby chrisjo2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:03 am

Thank you Kale and loof123.
chrisjo2
Peasant

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions