Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Pachami - Hornets

Pachami - Hornets

Postby GO-Rikki » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 pm

YIKES! This Pachami - Hornet quest is tough.

My characters are at these levels: Random (70); Luci (51); Wendala (55) Cocka (49); Brussian (52); Ashaful (51); Tarabella (39); Petula (39); Guidano (39); Hersei (38); and Rosa (38). (Sara is unavailable)

Can someone advise me as to whether to keep trying to beat this quest; or, just level up in the Ice Palace and try to get my 200,000 gold to buy the Manor? (presently have 140,000 gold)

To me, this quest makes all my other questions to the forum seem inane. These hornets are stinkers to beat and there are lots of them.

I have to decide what to do; otherwise, I just keep getting frustrated and re-starting from a previous point.
Last edited by GO-Rikki on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Re: Pachami - Hornets

Postby D-Squall » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Unfortunately I don't remember how I killed them but I have seen that in the walkthrough, a very useful skill is Cocka-Cocka's Fire Storm.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby GO-Rikki » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Thank you for your quick response D-Squall. I read that also in the forums about Cocka being so helpful ... however, my character, Cocka, is at level 49, and does not receive Firestorm until he reaches level 60 plus (another forum tidbit).
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:46 am

I think I used Cocka for physical attack (don't remember which level he was though and which beak he had) and it inflicted "Wrath" on at least that swarm he attacked, so those hornets couldn't cast that disastrous spell anymore.
But it's tough, no matter what you do, especially inside the cave cause you just can't escape all these hornets. You have to fight them.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:00 pm

The hornets in Pachami are indeed very hard. As far as I remember, they do a lot of damage, have a few thousands of HP, are fairly resistant to most types of attacks and are very fast on top of that.
Cocka-Cocka is probably the only character faster then them who can do some serious damage (with Fire Storm, though - so you would need to level up), but unfortunately, even on very high levels he doesn't have enough Mind to kill all the hornets with one spell. Thus you need someone else to be fast enough and with enough damage.
Later in the game you will be able to do this quest with Sarah - when equipped with the best items and levelled to 80+, she's able to take them all at once with Sun Boomer Attack. (If I recall it correctly the "treshold" for Speed is something around 1200 - if you have more than most of the time Sarah will attack before the Hornets.)
Other (and the only one available to you right now) is Luciana. She does enough damage, but she's not that fast. If your Luci is very high level (80+) and you have the very best equipp for her, then it is possible, though.

If you can meet these requirements, than it's possible to take the Hornets down with Cocka-Cocka and Luciana only before they can do a single point of damage and this makes Pachami an extremely good place to level characters - you have one "free slot" (Random + Luciana + Cocka-Cocka + character of your choice). But it's a big struggle to do so.
Other possibility is to buy 99 of all possible healing items and to try to survive through the whole Pachami. The Hornets will make a lot of damage, but you won't run out of the replenish items before the end. You might still have trouble fighting the Hornet Queen, though.

P.s. It should be also possible to let this quest for LF3, but I suppose that you want to do it now.
Last edited by Tomas on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby GO-Rikki » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Thank you kindly to Cassiopeia and Tomas for taking the time to attempt to help me through this area of the Laxius Force Two game.
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 am

I confirm this is a very tough quest.
Unfortunately I don't remember if there is a "great" strategy to get rid of them, but trying to find their weaknesses, or if they are susceptible to status ailments, is usually a good start.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby clear » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 am

i used cocka-cocka awful song!
clear
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 am

ahaha, was it effective?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby clear » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:42 pm

yeah i waste my time level up cocka-cocka but when i battle the pachami disgusting hornet..cocka2x used awful song follow by carnage then by luciana a THE STORM OF CENTURY very powerful spell!random used barretas box too..that's why i beat it so easily.
thank you.!
clear
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 am

good strategy it seems +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby clear » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 am

yeah i beat them easily.
clear
Adventurer

Postby pickbo0 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

You can actually beat them before luciana rejoins the team. I used rosa and cocka as the two main person to do great damage to them. I level up rosa until she gets the A World's End skill and cocka until he gets the Firestorm skill. These two skill work miraculously on the hornets. Also the trick here is to equip Randoom with the sword that cause madness to the hornets, since they are quite susceptible to it. Equip him with the legendra Helmet for pre-emptive+ and use fury spell on them, if you have the inverness bracelets on him it would help him replenish his mp greatly. The only problem with using rosa is that she can only be hit with the hornets spell once due to her low hp, but if the hornets are in madness state, this shouldn't be a problem. Its also a really good spot to level up another character in your team cuz luciana isn't stuck with you, I took this opportunity to level up petula, cuz you'll need him to be pretty high in lvl later on, also his water skills does do quite a damage to the hornets if you wanna try it out.
pickbo0
Peasant

Postby PIXANN » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Be sure to save before you fight the QUEEN HORNET, she drops a Shape Spike Shield, keep reloading and fighting her until you get it, because you need it in LF3.
PIXANN
Bard

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions