Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Help Gaining Levels At This Point? (SPOILERS)

Help Gaining Levels At This Point? (SPOILERS)

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 am

Cleared the Arvandale Dome (wow, that was *long*) and I'm now in the next act just after Luciola had to sneak into the palace to attend the war meeting. Sarah's still recuperating and I now apparently have to make my way through the sewers to meet a dragon or something.

I remember hearing somewhere that the Arena should be open just after that, but I only have a very narrow window of opportunity to get all my current party members to participate in it, and most of them apart from Random, Sarah and Wendala are kinda lagging behind in levels (40+ or so, as compared to 60+ for the aforementioned 3), so I was wondering what's a good place at this point to farm for Exp.

Thanks for any and all advice.
L-sama
Peasant

Re: Help Gaining Levels At This Point? (SPOILERS)

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:17 am

aren't the monsters in the sewers good enough? i don't really remember +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:05 am

Now that you mention it, I think I remember running into some extra-tough monsters in the sewers directly beneath my HQ which look like those slimes with a sword inside them which gave roughly 1000 Exp., problem being that they have a ton of HP. But yeah, maybe I'll try farming them as they seem to respawn constantly. Thanks.
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:20 am

L-sama wrote:Now that you mention it, I think I remember running into some extra-tough monsters in the sewers directly beneath my HQ which look like those slimes with a sword inside them which gave roughly 1000 Exp., problem being that they have a ton of HP. But yeah, maybe I'll try farming them as they seem to respawn constantly. Thanks.

The big versions can be inflicted tons of status ailments with Wendie's Undead Curse iirc +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am

When I was leveling up in LFII I used to do it in the Western Lands. When first going into the sewers they are quite tough and for my taste it takes too long to kill the monsters (I mean, too long for leveling up fast).
The Western Lands depend on how good you already are though. For Random you should have the Elf Slaughter/Dragon Slaughter/Demon(?) Slaughter spells from the Weapon Tower, but iirc they were already available in LFI, in case you've imported. Later in the game these spells can kill the creatures there right away, but not where you are. They still deal good damage though and having the others just attack should wipe the enemies out. If you do this at the very eastern screen, there's that little village, Moormore, where you can rest for only 10G when Random runs out of MP.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 am

Erk, just tried entering the sewers via my HQ, and Random keeps telling me 'Not right now' or something like that, so I guess that plan's scrapped.

I tried taking on the Tournament with my characters at their current levels, and only Random managed to get through, the rest of my party got completely demolished by the final opponent.

Looks like my only other option is to grind in the Western Lands, that actually used to be my farming spot of choice in LFI, at least until I found that large dragon which kept respawning near the edge of a screen in Yveen's realm towards the end of the game.

Just wondering though, is it possible for me to eventually have all my existing characters participate in the Tournament in LFIII, by which time I'd hopefully have gained quite a few more levels for them, or is out locked out for the majority of them past this point that I'm currently at (I'm now supposed to gather some recruits at each of the counters or something)?

Thanks once again for all the advice, it's much appreciated.
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Actually you don't have to put ANY of your characters through the ArenA for now. On my last playthrough I saved them ALL for LFIII. All but Random so he could get that Ultimate Shield from the secret path in the room before the fight.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Ah, that's really welcome news, my biggest concern was that some of these characters would leave for good somewhere down the line for story-related reasons, and I wouldn't be able to get them to participate in LF III.

Thanks, I guess I'll just progress with the main storyline for now, I'm really looking forward to how it all gets resolved in III. +::biggrin
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Ah, LFIII will blow you away!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby pickbo0 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

When I was in LFI, I found the best way to level up is in HQ. I didn't go fight those goo-like creatures because you gotta walk quite a bit to get to them and it takes a loooong time to beat them. SO I figured that if you put the seed pendant on your characters and the first batch of poisonous mushrooms when you first enter the sewer give quite a lot of exp (~700-900exp). I used Random spells that slaughter elf, which gives all the party member HP after the battle, just equip random with the mist gaze to decrease MP costs and the preemptive+ legendary helmet . Exit the sewer and go back again, leaving your member poison status cuz they're just gonna poison your team again. Since random is always giving HP to all party members, you will never run out of HP except MP for random, but it be a while before he runs out of it. Doing this is a great way to gain levels except your screen flashes red every time you walk but if you did the bulb reeker quest this shouldn't brother you that much. I haven't got a chance to play LFII yet, but hopefully this skill that Random have gets imported over too.... +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
pickbo0
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Elf Slaughter will always be a very good spell, even in LFIII. So is Dragon Slaughter (and the third one is Demon Slaughter iirc).
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm

700-900exp? That's a lot. If I remember it right, one round against the Fire Elementals in the Fire Guild only yields around 600exp (with Seed Pendant.)
Good find, pickbo0. +::Thumbup (And welcome to the forum, btw..)
Last edited by Tomas on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby pickbo0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 am

Tomas wrote:700-900exp? That's a lot. If I remember it right, one round against the Fire Elementals in the Fire Guild only around 600exp (with Seed Pendant.)
Good find, pickbo0. +::Thumbup (And welcome to the forum, btw..)

Hehe thanks +::Dance +::Dance BTW sarah and wendala can sometime get over 1000exp when battling together.
pickbo0
Peasant

Postby loof123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

I still prefer Fire Elementals because it doesn't involve any walking plus the elemental gives exp between fights as well. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions