Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Game crashing

Re: Game crashing

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:30 pm

did you start your LF1 savefile on the version downloaded on 31/3?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

also, if you can provide me your savefile from LF1 just before talking to luciana, I may be able to know more about what's going on.

It should be there:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\LaxiusForce
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby honyb50 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 pm

I have tried 27 ways from Sunday to pull up those files and I can't. I'm waiting for a response from Microsoft, but until I do get one I'm going to put this whole issue off to the side. As soon as I figure out where the files are and how to access them I will send them on to you. I am curious as well as to what's going on. I still have the programs downloaded on the laptop and to tell the truth they work better there anyway. But thanks so far for your help.
honyb50
Bard

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 pm

I have identified the problem, I should be releasing a new version of LF2 soon. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kale » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Is Laxius Force 2 still being updated then? Any chance you've managed to squash the remaining bugs that crop up in chapter 8? I don't recall that the last update I had heard about fixed the majority of them, and there hasn't been much news about version scheming since the V 1.6 days.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Kale wrote:Is Laxius Force 2 still being updated then? Any chance you've managed to squash the remaining bugs that crop up in chapter 8? I don't recall that the last update I had heard about fixed the majority of them, and there hasn't been much news about version scheming since the V 1.6 days.

Not sure what those bugs were.

In any case, this version should fix the crash:

http://aldorlea.com/Games/Laxius_Force_II.exe

Kale - feel free to try it and let me know if it needs fixing.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kale » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:26 am

There are the following bugs that are mentioned in the chapter 8 walkthrough:

Slay Sariis: After defeating Sariis, the music never clears up properly, and the standard quest completion event never pops up.

Weapon Smithing: There is a bug in regards to upgrading the forged Jaws with extra materials. I couldn't tell you the exact context any more, but it's something to the effect of one jaw's upgrade being applied to the other jaw instead, or an upgrade actually being a downgrade, or something along those lines. I know I ran through multiple times back in V 1.6 with several combinations of jaw creation/upgrades, and something was definitely off about it.

Alexandra Dream Sequence: The items awarded at the end do not match the listed awards as you fight through the dream's gauntlet of battles. You never get the 'nachrulea' for one and somehow end up with multiple copies of the 'conches of dreams'. It wouldn't surprise me if other awards didn't match, but those are the most noticeable ones.

The dream sequence issue was supposedly fixed way back when, but since the update didn't fix the first two issues, I never got around to actually testing if the third issue had been addressed or not.

---------------------------------

Past that, Pato always had a better handle on bug tracking that I did, since it was directly tied to his pursuit of the perfect save file. I believe he sent you a more comprehensive bug list way back when; then I ever could. Just digging through what I can find, I'll mention a few issues you could always double-check to make sure they got fixed:

1. There had been an outstanding issue with Tara's 'Dark Slash' skill in regards to its damage output. I think it just had a very poor damage output, but I never leveled up Tara enough to actually learn it.

2. There was a late bug fix to LF1 in regards to the sword pulling quest at the weapons tower. Any time you pull out the sword with a new character it would reset your guild progress, enabling you to do the Ice Hands quest again for every member that pulled out the sword. Coryool can pull this sword after he finally joins in LF2, and this would mess up your guild progress as of LF2 1.6.

3. There was a similar late-bug-fix carry over issue from LF1 in the Gaes cave. There is a mushroom off the ledge just to the left of where you enter this cave by boat. Collecting that mushroom would give Sarah a massive speed bonus, ~1000SP if memory serves.

4. There were also a few spots you could walk off the path into the sky and beyond:
http://img63.imageshack.us/i/semttulo6l.png/
http://img51.imageshack.us/i/semttulo5m.png/
http://img63.imageshack.us/i/semttulo2uu.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/semttulo2fc.png/
(The link on the last image either died, or image server 197 is just down at the moment)

The un-versioned LF2 release that came out after LF2 1.6 had already been around for awhile may have fixed most of these outstanding bugs already. I just pulled up what I could find since you asked.

And sorry for hijacking this thread, I just got excited to see talk of LF2 being updated after hearing nothing for so long.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 am

I'm pretty sure I fixed some of those. Not sure if all, though.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby honyb50 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:42 am

+::YAY +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY +::heart +::heart +::heart +::heart +::heart +::biggrin +::clap +::Dance +::Dance +::Dance

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!

BTW-it doesn't crash anymore.
honyb50
Bard

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 am

+::Thumbup :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin