Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Chronicles of a Dark Lord II

Chronicles of a Dark Lord II

Postby Indinera » Sun May 03, 2015 1:30 pm

CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD II

$9.99 only!

Image Image

This is the magnum series of Kisareth Studios, a fantastic RPG in the old tradition. Fans of the Aldorlea games are likely to enjoy this one!

Get the first one at $4.49 only!
http://www.aldorlea.org/chroniclesofadarklord.php

Storyline:

A year has passed since Anto Calias fused with the essence of the dark god Xe'on and the War of The Abyss began. The forces of The Abyss are relentless in their campaign to annihilate the world of Cora. Magus Lee must unite with allies both old and new to prevent the coming apocalypse...but what will be the cost?

Features:

- The epic saga of Magus Drakhen Lee continues with over 30+ hours of gameplay.
- All new high-resolution artwork and lush landscapes will immerse you into the world of Cora like never before.
- New to the series is the inclusion of the Scion Grid for greater skill customization.
- The Active-Time Battle system returns with new features and enhancements.
- Professional-quality soundtrack, featuring independent artists such as Morte Mcadaver, Marielle Thomas, zero-project, and two tracks from acclaimed Youtube artist Eric "Erock" Calderone.
- No random battles. Enemies are visible on the map.
- Screen resolution options up to 1920 x 1080
- Enemies adapt and change tactics during combat.
- The choices you make have even greater impact and may even affect the final outcome and much more!

Screenshots:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Chronicles of a Dark Lord II

Postby XiriaLee » Sun May 03, 2015 2:36 pm

FAQ/Troubleshooting
Q. I can't seem to get the movies/videos to play properly in Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode II, and the game crashes as a result. How do I fix this?

A. You will need to run the tscc.exe file located in the game's main folder (we recommend searching for the file using your Start menu search bar). This will install the needed codecs on your system so that videos will display properly.

Q. While I'm playing, suddenly my character starts walking to the left/right automatically and won't stop no matter what I do. How can I fix this?

A. This is likely due to a conflict with a media device that is currently plugged into your computer. We suggest exiting out of the game, unplugging anything connected via USB (except for mouse, keyboard, and other essential equipment), and try restarting your game. If you're using a PC/Xbox controller, we advise you to unplug it, and then plug it back in.

Q. I received a Cache error and my game crashed. How do I fix this?

A. When a computer has been doing multiple tasks for awhile or you have been playing the game for a long while, an image will fail to be loaded (background tasks can have an effect on this as well) and the game will not be able to cache it. The easy fix to this is just to either restart the game, or reboot your computer if you prefer.

Q. I received a "RGSS Player has stopped" error and the game crashed on me, what can I do to prevent this from happening?
A. We advise you to perform the following steps:
(Windows 7 Users)
1) Click on Start
2) Go to Control Panel
3) Click on “System and Security”
4) Click on “System”
5) Click on “Advanced System Settings”
6) You will see a button called “Settings” located beneath where it says “Performance”. (If you do not see this, be sure you are clicked on the “Advanced” tab). Click on the “Settings” button.
7) Click on the “Data Execution Prevention” tab.
8 ) You will see a button toward the bottom named “Add...”, click that button.
9) Now you need to search for the Game.exe file that is located within the main folder where you installed Episode II.
10) Upon finding the correct file, click it, and it will be added to a list of programs that DEP is turned on for. Click “Apply”, then “OK” and exit out completely. You may need to restart your computer for this setting to take effect.
If after performing those steps you are still experiencing this problem, please let us know.

Q. The game was just updated, and now I can't get into the Main Menu or use a Shenandor'ian Crystal, what do I do?

A. Send us your save file (you can use your search menu bar and type in *.rvdata2, and you ought to be able to find your save file), and then attach your save file and send it to kisarethstudios@gmail.com . We ought to able to patch it for you so that you don't lose any progress.

Q. Will you be able to carry over saves from Episode 1?

A. No, Episode 2 was made in the RMVX Ace engine (Episode 1 was VX), and therefore saves are not compatible due to different programming.
XiriaLee
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks for the FAQ, hope players will enjoy the game!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby SuzanneQ » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Not worth it. Too much time and trouble just to download. Didn't recognize the file as legit. Trying to install WinRar hung up the whole computer. Had to completely force shutdown. Deleted....
Come to think of it, the previous version of this (episode one) has still left stuff that it won't let me delete. Think I'm not going to buy from this studio again.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Ah, sorry to hear about this.
It's true the download of this game is a bit "heavy"...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby XiriaLee » Sun May 03, 2015 10:09 pm

SuzanneQ wrote:Not worth it. Too much time and trouble just to download. Didn't recognize the file as legit. Trying to install WinRar hung up the whole computer. Had to completely force shutdown. Deleted....
Come to think of it, the previous version of this (episode one) has still left stuff that it won't let me delete. Think I'm not going to buy from this studio again.

We're sorry to hear about this. We had to create an Installer (and one able to hold 5.6GB) so that BMTMicro would be able to host the game file. However, if you or anyone else has any kind of trouble with the download, if you would give us your ordering info and send it to contactkisarethstudios@gmail.com, we can provide an alternate download method and instead of an exe file it'll be a simple zip file. If there are any other issues we can help resolve, please feel free to let us know on here or on our Steam forum for the game anytime.

As for the size of the game, this is due to the very large graphic files and animated overworld maps. Very little of the game was tiled in the editor since we were going for the highest graphic fidelity possible (and pushing the engine). That, and there are over a dozen FMVs. We hope that helps explain the file size some. :)
XiriaLee
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks for the explanation and the will to help, hopefully all will be sorted out very soon.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby liza » Mon May 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Can not download nor pay for game.

Getting this error:

secure.bmtmicro.com -

Connection failed
Error code 20

The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.
liza
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon May 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Could it be a temporary error?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby XiriaLee » Mon May 04, 2015 6:03 pm

liza wrote:Can not download nor pay for game.

Getting this error:

secure.bmtmicro.com -

Connection failed
Error code 20

The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.

That sounds like a server issue on BMTMicro's end. We did notice that we couldn't even log into BMTMicro earlier for some reason. We recommend waiting a little bit, and trying again.
XiriaLee
Peasant

Postby Mapster » Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Is anyone actually playing this game? I've been moving right along and have run into a weird problem. I'm playing with Krysta Aier and Anduim Lothorin (who don't have any useful powers), trying to get through the Solara Bridge problem and when I'm fighting the monster there, I can't do any damage to him. His meter says 500 and even though I appear to be hurting him, the meter doesn't go down and he eventually kills me. What the heck?
Mapster
Bard

Postby Mapster » Thu May 14, 2015 2:03 am

Ah. Never mind. I don't know why this always happens. Right after I post a question about a problem, I figure out what to do.
Mapster
Bard

Re: Chronicles of a Dark Lord II

Postby liza » Sat May 23, 2015 8:43 pm

I am unable to find where to use the Belias Key to get the item to close the portals.
liza
Wanderer

Postby briony » Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 am

is that the key to go to the Hells if so go back to the Sen. Tower Ruins-down to the altar with the skulls - you use the key to get to the Hells to get the blood to close the portals- hope that helps
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby liza » Sun May 24, 2015 4:25 pm

@briony

Have been all over the tower and can not get past here where I get stuck in the rocks: Is there another way that I am missing. Thanks

liza
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers