Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

When is the last chance to get the duke's monocle?

When is the last chance to get the duke's monocle?

Postby jincyk » Mon May 11, 2015 3:37 pm

I've got Cindy at 63 but still only 61 thievery points (no linderlitz scimitar for some reason, no spike shield, no fast shoes). I'm very tired of fire training. When is the last opportunity to steal the chest and get the monocle?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: When is the last chance to get the duke's monocle?

Postby Kale » Mon May 11, 2015 10:14 pm

The Monocle chest is step #40 and I believe step #43 will cut off access to the monocle in LF2, so you're very close already. You’re supposed to be able to get in if LF3 still though, if someone could confirm?

For what it’s worth, here is that section from the updated guide with a bit more technical info that might help:

Spoiler: show
18pts: Steal Points: Reward from the Thieves' Guild, LF1 exclusive; Chapter 3.
8-12pts: Primo Hat: 'Head' armor for Cindy, LF1 exclusive.
1-3pts: Luck Ring: 'Other' equipment for Random

The Primo Hat and Luck ring offer a random bonus. The two together will give you anywhere from 9-15 thievery on any given attempt, so you'll need to try a few times to get the max result. To reach 65 thievery though, you'll need to boost Cindy's SP stat considerably. Equip the best SP+ items you have on Cindy, but stick with the 'Fast Shoes' 'other' equipment if you have it; it's better in the long run. Inflict the werewolf condition on her first, using Brussian's 'Werewolf Bite' skill (Learned at Lv. 56). Then inflict her with the energy burn condition using Tarabulla's 'Energy Burn' skill.

Assuming you have the steal points from LF1, and get the full 15 thievery bonus from the Primo Hat and Luck Ring; Cindy will need ~2740+SP to succeed. Without the primo hat, but still using the Luck Ring, Cindy will need ~3900+SP to succeed. These numbers are approximate though, and may vary. Cindy will ideally need to be level 50+ for this. Although you can also use some of your stat boosting items to buffer her speed stat.
Kale
Explorer

Postby jincyk » Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Yes, that's the problem--I need to know if I can still get it in LF3. Does anyone know?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 pm

You can definitely go to the Fighter's Guild in LFIII and I don't see any reason why the original stuff shouldn't be in that chest anymore, so I'd say yes, you can still get it.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions