Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Re: New RPG: Celia's Quest

Postby Celia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Hello richmond.

Spoiler: show
The answers you want are nose, isn't, there. The answers only reveal themselves if you've inspected all three notes. I'm looking at the game from my end right now and see no reason as to why it wouldn't work. Have you solved the house, slide and boulder puzzles?
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes to all questions. That is why I cant figure out what to do here.
Just wondering....do you read 1 letter at a time and go to the snowmen perhaps?
richmond
Bard

Postby Celia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

That shouldn't matter. The way it works, mechanically, is that each time you read a letter the first time around, it adds +1 to a variable. Once that variable, which starts at 0, hits 3, you get all the dialogue options. I just looked over the snowmen script, and there's no way to reset that variable. Could you try interacting with all the notes once more?
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby eemilyy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello! First of all, thanks for spending your time making a great looking and very original game. I'm just starting to (maybe think about) making my own game and it's already over-whelming (in a good way). +:::|

Anywho, i'm absolutely stuck at the beginning and I can't progress. I don't want to give up just yet! I've already taken others suggestions about dealing with the difficulty, but I've had no results (i'm on casual mode).

I've cleared out the first part of the Unkempt Garden. I climbed down the rope/ladder using the worn gloves. Any monster after that kills me after three or four rounds. I tried numerous times to run around them but a certain purple flame monster always traps me. I just tried 18 times to get around him... I've ventured around the other areas and the Slugs kill me after three rounds.

From what i've read, the first Stat Point is in the lower part of the Unkempt Garden? I feel like if I could just get that one Stat Point then I might have a fighting chance. Is there another, easier Stat Point that I'm missing?

Thanks for answering and, again, for making the game. I've never been into the fighting aspect, so I know that this game isn't tailored for me, but I wanted to try something different! +::grrr
eemilyy
Peasant

Postby Celia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Hello eemilyy!

If you ask around in town you'll notice that there's a guy looking for a lost ring. This ring can be found in the area west, then north, of town. This'll give you your first stat token, which should make the early dungeons much easier!

As for the game being focused on combat. I'm hoping you'll enjoy the parts after you've finished the "starter" island a bit more, since they have a lot of non-combat puzzles in between fights.

Oh, and thank you for the kind words! They mean a lot to me.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby eemilyy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Talk about fast!!! Thanks for the help. I had talked to the guy wanting the ring but I guess I didn't explore enough. Doh. I'm really excited now! +::biggrin I can beat these monsters!!! haha. Thanks again.
eemilyy
Peasant

Postby muddi1956 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:37 am

Where do you find a lantern?
muddi1956
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am

Hello muddi1956!

In the Rock Temple, located north of the island once you get off it. That place is difficult though, so make sure you enter well prepared.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby gaby5516 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Celia wrote:Hello Bluerose!

The Sand Mine randomizes the spot as you first enter the place. Which hints were you given on the notes? They all lead to only one possible spot. It doesn't have to be on a crack, hole or table, it can also be below the tracks themselves.

CELIA:
I found a stat token in a crack in the sand mine. Could you please tell me if that is all there is there, or should I be searching for more? could you please be more specific, where this spot is which I'm to find?
I'm getting very frustrated spending hours running around, and not finding anything. Almost ready to give up on the whole game.
HELP PLEASE

P.S. you can always pm me if you don't want to give away the secret here.....thanks
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Celia » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello gaby5516!

Yes, that's the reward. Have you tried talking to Guy about needing a hint? He can be helpful sometimes. There are one or two minor chests in there too, but they give nothing special, so you don't have to worry about searching for more treasure in there.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby gaby5516 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Thank you very much CELIA, for your awesomely fast response.
Yes, I talk to GUY all the time. Once in a while he's actually helpful. teehee

actually enjoying the game a lot, when I'm not stumped. LOL
gaby5516
Bard

Postby richmond » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi. Thank you for all your help. One of the lettes in the ice cave, although I had read it, I didn,t save and got killed . That meant I was always one letter short for getting the correct sequence for the snowmen. Wow.
Anyway, have now got the correct sequence and now I have been stuck fighting these snowmen for half a day. I have obviously not got the correct skills to kill them. :(
How will I now progress cos I need the gloves and have no more skill tokens left. +::cry
What skills should I have to beat them?
How do I now get more skill tokens at this stage? +::fear
richmond
Bard

Postby Celia » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello richmond!

Glad to hear you solved the note problem.

As for the fight itself. It's difficult for me to tell you if your build is correct or not as there are many different builds to use. That being said, by the time you're at the Ice Temple you have access to a total of 6 optional dungeons. Those are: The Unkempt Garden, The Slug Village, The River Cave, The Sandy Place, The Slime Fort and the Church Cellar. Each of these give you one stat and one skill token, plus a craft kit. There's also multiple hidden bonuses spread throughout the world. As an example, there's 1 Stat Token to be found on the island (The lost ring quest), 1 Stat Token and 2 Skill Tokens to be found once you first get to leave the island, and then 2 Stat Tokens and 1 Skill Token once you gain access to the lantern. If you've cleared everything up until the Ice Temple, you should have gotten 13 Skill Tokens and 14 Stat Tokens. Good luck finding the ones you've missed!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Bluerose » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:00 pm

For fighting the 3 snowman in the ice temple, what I did was just before talking to them I used a fruit salad, then I hit them with everything I had.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby richmond » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:47 am

Thank you for all your help. I am so sorry for being a pain, but, still not able to kill those snowmen. But..looking at the list you have given me.. I have still not found that golden harp. Where is the river cave please.
richmond
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers