Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 am

kimo wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I spent some time opening treasure chests and made a list of what I found. Some items are much better than others, so it may be worth your time to save before opening a chest and then reloading until you get one of the better items. Donna, especially, benefits greatly from what can be found in the treasure chests.

Spoiler: show
Pretty good, but not the best, items
Spatha
Rapier
Kopis
Robe of Protection
Ceremonial Robe
Demonic Hat
Crystal Armor
Decorated Shield
Academic Boots
Robe of the Wind
Ancient Magic Robe
Ancient Magic Book
Hat of Protection
1500G

Best Items
Book of Times (Jonathan), Book of Truth is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Chaac's Mace (Donna)
Sword of Light (Cyrus), Charged Sword is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Carca's National Hat (Donna)
Crystal Shield (Donna)
Ceremonial Hat (Myrella and Jonathan)
Secret Ritual Robe (Myrella and Jonathan), replace with Malaver's Chiton near end of game
Divine Gloves (Jonathan-Holy Judgement)
Promethean Torch (Myrella-Prometheus' Revenge)
Traveler's Headband (Cyrus)
Ancient Carcan Armor (Donna)

Thank you very much for making this list. It has been very helpful. I also found the following items in treasure chests:
Strange Rod – (Myrella) MP huge increase +450MP. Big drop in stats.
Ceremonial Ring (All characters) – All stats +3 UP from gold bracelet.
Protector’s Rod – (Myrella - Magic Wall) and raises stats (lowers ATK)
Demonic Rod – (Myrella – Darkness All) ATK, LUK down, other stats up. MP +25. (Best Item category?)
Note: The Promethean Torch can be equipped by ALL characters

aloha,
kimo

Nice! :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Castle secret

Postby kimo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Charma wrote:Hi,
apparently there is a secret in the castle, maybe by touching things in a certain order. Will the clues pop up a bit later?

+:::|

Btw, after seven hrs of gaming I've experienced that freeze twice. It was quite early in the game. The guy just stopped and no key would move him. My PC is quite new and powerful, so it shouldn't be related to hardware? Nvm, all good now it seems.

I am being asked for a 3-digit code after completing the pillar "quest" in the castle. But where do I find the code? I have read everywhere else in this forum and cannot find an answer. What am I missing this time? I strongly suggest everyone get those glasses as early in the game as possible.

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: charging crystaline sword

Postby kimo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:I charged the sword in Chaaks Valley area, but the Old Caves (first charge point?) are now collapsed because it is late in the game. Have I overlooked an access point, or is this a limited time quest?

Also, where the heck is the oil lamp. I never found it and I look virtually everywhere.

I'm trying to tie up loose ends before I enter the final forest area. Any advice?

aloha,
kimo

Generally, the first place to charge is the old caves. You should still be able to visit that area. Did you ever get the rope from the gentleman in Forest Town who wanted a crystal charged? If you have the rope, enter the old caves and look for a place to drop it near the blue crystal area in the second screen you can enter.

As for the oil lamp, you'll first need a lunchbox. Have you done the quest for the experimental mage standing outside her home to the right of the pub? Once you have the lunchbox in your inventory, click on it. Do you remember someone who was hungry and wished for a fruity snack?

Just as I guessed. I missed the end of the rope that was dropped into the hole from my previous visit. Thanks, the sword is now charged.

Now I just need to remember where the heck the music lover was originally found. Why can't they be wearing an "Treble Clef" icon so I could just run through a town without having to talk with everyone? Actually, I have mixed feelings about those icons.

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby txpeach » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:39 pm

I've read the steps 100 times on charging the Crystalline Blade the 2nd time. However, I am really missing something here. A red arrow never appears to access the green light. What am I missing? I'd post a screen shot, but do not know how.
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby txpeach » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Never mind. I figured it out. +:oops:
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby txpeach » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 pm

I think I've finished the side quest chain - fruity snack, musical instrument, oil lamp & rat poison but I was gifted with a Book of Common Prayer. It does not show up in my inventory, so am I finished with the quest line or did I miss something?

Thanks!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 pm

txpeach wrote:I think I've finished the side quest chain - fruity snack, musical instrument, oil lamp & rat poison but I was gifted with a Book of Common Prayer. It does not show up in my inventory, so am I finished with the quest line or did I miss something?

Thanks!

EDIT: The Book of Common Prayer is awarded correctly. It's under your Key Items. There are a lot of "book" key items in The Deal, so you might have missed it.

The quest line ends with you acquiring the Malaver's Chiton. Go to the Temple of Light and talk with the character that wants the book.

@kimo
You don't really need any Ancient Artifact early. You can go back whenever you want and find them. The code for the pillar is in Karydos Oasis. It's outside of Karydos, to the south (just follow the road), where you can see some refugees and their tents. The code will be written on a small pillar.
The quest for the Malaver's Chiton is actually "hidden". We wanted to give a better reward to the more involved players. That's why it's not a traditional quest like "Hey, here's a dude, talk to him. Good, now go to the other dude. Great. Here's a legendary item". It just happened to be posted here by the first person who found it.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:01 pm

@kimo
You don't really need any Ancient Artifact early. You can go back whenever you want and find them. The code for the pillar is in Karydos Oasis. It's outside of Karydos, to the south (just follow the road), where you can see some refugees and their tents. The code will be written on a small pillar.
The quest for the Malaver's Chiton is actually "hidden". We wanted to give a better reward to the more involved players. That's why it's not a traditional quest like "Hey, here's a dude, talk to him. Good, now go to the other dude. Great. Here's a legendary item". It just happened to be posted here by the first person who found it.

One of the things I liked about this game is that there are no time-limited quests. But I missed out on the Glasses and then had to revisit all the places I already had before to read those plaques. Actually, Malaver's Chiton was a bit of a disappointment after running all over the place. I stand by my suggestion to get the glasses when you can access that area.

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Finished game-my opinions

Postby kimo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:34 pm

I enjoyed getting 20+ hours of entertainment from this game. It was definitely worth the money.

I experienced major lag and battle slowness during the demo, but the lag problems were absent in the main game. The battle slowness prevailed, but was not a serious issue for me.

However, the continue game crashes were an annoyance beyond belief. +::surrender I should be considered a friggin' National Treasure for continuing. It seems to be tied to an overload of video memory. As mentioned by someone else, it seems to most often occur when changing screens or a some scene graphic routine overloads memory. It even happened to me during the final battle when the antagonist changed. I just saved as often as I could, which is a real Catch 22 for menu access issues. I hope the crash problem can be resolved before the next game is released.

More character development would be good, too. "Show me, don't tell me" was always a comment made by my editor when I used to write. Characters' actions and choices offer powerful insight.

I will look for future releases from you. And as a personal suggestion, please don't blame people's hardware if you want to sell to these people. Not everyone has the most modern hardware for JRPG games. Gods, that why we play them. +::YAY

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Finished game-my opinions

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 am

kimo wrote:I enjoyed getting 20+ hours of entertainment from this game. It was definitely worth the money.

I experienced major lag and battle slowness during the demo, but the lag problems were absent in the main game. The battle slowness prevailed, but was not a serious issue for me.

However, the continue game crashes were an annoyance beyond belief. +::surrender I should be considered a friggin' National Treasure for continuing. It seems to be tied to an overload of video memory. As mentioned by someone else, it seems to most often occur when changing screens or a some scene graphic routine overloads memory. It even happened to me during the final battle when the antagonist changed. I just saved as often as I could, which is a real Catch 22 for menu access issues. I hope the crash problem can be resolved before the next game is released.

More character development would be good, too. "Show me, don't tell me" was always a comment made by my editor when I used to write. Characters' actions and choices offer powerful insight.

I will look for future releases from you. And as a personal suggestion, please don't blame people's hardware if you want to sell to these people. Not everyone has the most modern hardware for JRPG games. Gods, that why we play them. +::YAY

aloha,
kimo

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am very happy that you enjoyed the game, even though it has its flaws! The demo's problem might be because it's not a setup (you don't install it) and thus the game takes longer to access its assets. For our future games' demos, we will stick with Aldorlea's demo style.

If, at any point, sounded like I was blaming anyone's hardware, I apologise. It was definitely not my intention. I just don't want people (who cannot run the game) to buy it and then complain about how the game runs and become frustrated. RPGMaker MV is a completely different engine from VX Ace and older versions and unfortunately, there are not many MV games published on aldorlea (I think only Oh! Rpg! is an MV game), so people do not actually know if and how demanding MV games are.

I will definitely try to optimise the next games more in the future! Thank you again for your comment!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby bgamer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:58 am

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I spent some time opening treasure chests and made a list of what I found. Some items are much better than others, so it may be worth your time to save before opening a chest and then reloading until you get one of the better items. Donna, especially, benefits greatly from what can be found in the treasure chests.

Pretty good, but not the best, items
Spatha
Rapier
Kopis
Robe of Protection
Ceremonial Robe
Demonic Hat
Crystal Armor
Decorated Shield
Academic Boots
Robe of the Wind
Ancient Magic Robe
Ancient Magic Book
Hat of Protection
1500G

Best Items
Book of Times (Jonathan), Book of Truth is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Chaac's Mace (Donna)
Sword of Light (Cyrus), Charged Sword is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Carca's National Hat (Donna)
Crystal Shield (Donna)
Ceremonial Hat (Myrella and Jonathan)
Secret Ritual Robe (Myrella and Jonathan), replace with Malaver's Chiton near end of game
Divine Gloves (Jonathan-Holy Judgement)
Promethean Torch (Myrella-Prometheus' Revenge)
Traveler's Headband (Cyrus)
Ancient Carcan Armor (Donna)

Thank you very much for making this list. It has been very helpful. I also found the following items in treasure chests:
Strange Rod – (Myrella) MP huge increase +450MP. Big drop in stats.
Ceremonial Ring (All characters) – All stats +3 UP from gold bracelet.
Protector’s Rod – (Myrella - Magic Wall) and raises stats (lowers ATK)
Demonic Rod – (Myrella – Darkness All) ATK, LUK down, other stats up. MP +25. (Best Item category?)
Note: The Promethean Torch can be equipped by ALL characters

aloha,
kimo

Nice! :)

When do you start getting the chests for these items? Because I just started the game and I noticed no matter how many times I reload I get the same stuff from the chest? +::Dunno
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:30 am

bgamer wrote:
When do you start getting the chests for these items? Because I just started the game and I noticed no matter how many times I reload I get the same stuff from the chest? +::Dunno

These Treasure Chests are items that you get later in the game. They are small boxes either dropped by bosses or after you do some specific actions (like exploring an Otherworld Gate or finishing specific quests).
The Treasure Chest (item) is the one that contains random and unique loot. Not to be confused with random chests that you can get potions and such.
Hope I helped.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby bgamer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 am

OrfeasGS wrote:
bgamer wrote:

These Treasure Chests are items that you get later in the game. They are small boxes either dropped by bosses or after you do some specific actions (like exploring an Otherworld Gate or finishing specific quests).
The Treasure Chest (item) is the one that contains random and unique loot. Not to be confused with random chests that you can get potions and such.
Hope I helped.

Thanks that helped a lot actually. I assumed the beginning chests (dungeon ones) were the ones I had to reload to get different items. :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby bgamer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:04 pm

I think I am almost at the end of the game, and I must say I enjoyed it very much. I still have some unanswered questions though!!!

1. Is there anything in the ruined City of Alsos to do beside the memory thing?
2. Is the Nereid village available?
3. In camp there is a book that mention a wizard called "Malaver" and that he has a tower for adventurers to climb? I haven't been able to find such tower in the game, does it exist?

:)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm

bgamer wrote:I think I am almost at the end of the game, and I must say I enjoyed it very much. I still have some unanswered questions though!!!

1. Is there anything in the ruined City of Alsos to do beside the memory thing?
2. Is the Nereid village available?
3. In camp there is a book that mention a wizard called "Malaver" and that he has a tower for adventurers to climb? I haven't been able to find such tower in the game, does it exist?

:)

Happy that you liked the game! Here are your answers!
1. The Alsos ruins only have loot, Myrella's Legendary Weapon and the Memory Book.
2. The Nereid Village is not available for exploration at all.
3. This legend in the book refers to a very old era in Carca. The Tower mysteriously vanished. It's not an available level in The Deal. It's for world-building and lore.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers