Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Import LF1 to LF2

Import LF1 to LF2

Postby xander15 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 pm

I tried several times to import my last LF1 save to start LF2, but I get a crash after the Random & Sarah Stolen Shots screen. I am told that I should hit F8 to go on (I have to click OK at the same time). Before the lines of programming I get a line ERRNO:: ENOENT: Graphics/pictures/endi

I tried replaying from an older LF1 save and saving over the end LF1 file. This time after starting LF2 and hitting Import and choosing the LF1 save file I get the same error, except where above it mentions Graphics/pictures, instead I get Audio/BGB/Chap_ending or some such, not sure if I'm exact.

I made sure I was running program (LF2) as Administrator these last times with the Audio, etc., errors.

Will I have to replay LF1 to get an import or just start LF2 from scratch? Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thank you. +::sos
xander15
Peasant

Re: Import LF1 to LF2

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm

The import from LF1 to LF2 always worked flawlessly for me.
You just need to do the final "export" save in LF1, when the game asks you about it. The standard saves cannot be used.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby xander15 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:53 pm

I did the post save - I run F2 as Administrator, choose Import, click the last save, get through Luciana's original statements and then Random and Sarah Stolen Shots are supposed to come up, but when I click to proceed I get the video error and crash. If I log into LF2 as Administrator, I get the audio error crash as soon as I click on the LF1 last save. All I can do is F8 + Click OK in either case. I have since noticed other problems with other games - since my PC repair at Geek Squad. The 3 LF folders have a date that corresponds to when the Geek Squad worked on my PC, as do several other game Folders and they shouldn't. They have changed my desktop also. By the way, I get same errors even if I run the LF2 executable file instead of the shortcut. PS: I have been through all 3 games once before way back when, never had a problem. Of course, I'm a lot older and dumber now so I may/probably am missing something.

If I was to reinstall one or all of the LF games, should I uninstall them first? What will happen to my saves? I thought about redoing LF1 altogether, but I'm afraid the same thing will happen anyway. +::surrender
xander15
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:39 pm

xander15 wrote:If I was to reinstall one or all of the LF games, should I uninstall them first? What will happen to my saves? I thought about redoing LF1 altogether, but I'm afraid the same thing will happen anyway. +::surrender

The saves are in c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\ (in Windows 10). Backup them and you're safe.
Installing the latest version of LF, downloaded here from Aldorlea, could also be a good idea.
The import should really work without problems...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby xander15 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm

With the import errors - I don't know whether to reinstall LF1 or LF2 or perhaps both.

Question - do I uninstall the games before reinstalling?

Also, I couldn't find any saves for LFs, but I did find a lot of stuff the Geek Squad put on my PC that I can't access. I don't seem to have an AppData folder either except for Microsoft, and not under Users: and I do have Windows 7.
xander15
Peasant

Postby xander15 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 pm

All 3 LF games had been (re)installed while Geek Squad had my PC last year and 3 other Aldorlea games I previously bought had been uninstalled (same day) with only the uninstall file left in their folders. I had purchased 12 different Aldorlea games and had played all of them at least once up to when I had my PC go down. I'm going to take it for granted that LF1 2 & 3 were uninstalled prior to being (re) installed, but?

But why would I not be able to import last LF1 Save to LF2 if they installed the games again. I can Import the last LF2 to LF3, no problem. Replaying LF1 was the 1st time since getting my PC back from BestBuy that I tried playing the LF games again. The only difference between the import LF1 file to LF2 from the LF2 file to LF3 is that the LF1 save is new whereas the LF2 file is older prior to 2016.

Tale of a Common Man was the last Aldorlea game I had played prior to replaying LF1, which I finished last year (Great Game). It's one the games that has been uninstalled???
xander15
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 pm

The path in Windows 7 should be C:\[Your Name]/AppData/Roaming/LaxiusForceII_Saves
And beware, the folder can be hidden. Without allowing hidden files visibility you won't be able to find it in Windows Explorer.

And I would recommend reinstalling both games. You don't need to uninstall the older versions before that - just install it again.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby xander15 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Thank You.
xander15
Peasant

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions