Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Final Battle

Re: New RPG: Final Battle

Postby Valdy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Goodness, at last, after I don't know how many attempts I made it. This was not a fair fight, and way too difficult, especially since I never have enough money to buy the really good weapons, which cost far too much as it is. Wish we would get more gold when we find it or defeat an enemy.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby cherry78 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello Vald, congratulations on defeating that tough boss.
Have you tried using Blade's holy spells to make the fight easier?
cherry78
Peasant

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 am

cherry78 wrote:Hello Vald, congratulations on defeating that tough boss.
Have you tried using Blade's holy spells to make the fight easier?

Oh blast !! I didn't check his spells, because usually there is nothing in that section, except the one time at the beginning of the game when I was told to use it. I only ever went into his skills and used the Ninja blade, which seems to work quite well. That teaches me to check his spells more often from now on. *sigh*
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm

This is for the developer: I will put it into a spoiler so as not to spoil it for others...

Spoiler: show
I have now reached the place where I was asked to do the Final Battle with the Dark Prince. Can't do it with the amount of HP my group has, and even with the holier than thou kind of attack that Blade can use, it won't work. That one spell takes 70 TP each time, and by the time I get enough for him together a second time, he is dead.
Anyway, if this is the last fight before the game finishes, I have been missing a lot. For one thing, I didn't find the ring that a dragon was supposed to have taken from that man in the volcano. Also, I only found 10 pearls, and was told that if I have 40 of those I can make a necklace, but never found more of those. And I never came across anywhere where I was asked to give the Ash Diamonds to make something. So can you please help me out and tell me a little of what I should have done or whether defeating the Dark Prince is actually the end.

Having played almost through the game now, I now know better what I should have kept and what works best in certain places. Will definitely replay the game and try a different approach.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 pm

I've read your spoiler, I'll forward it to the dev. ;)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby cherry78 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Vald, congratulations on reaching so far.

And you're right: this is the Final Battle in the game.
The Prince of Darkness recovers a lot of Hit Points every turn, so you need to block its ability to do it.
In order to do so, you must use the spell HOLY BOUND.
The spell DIVINE JUDGEMENT can be used to finish him off afterwards.
Blade learns HOLY BOUND from round 5 on if either his HP are less than 80% of their max amount or his MP are less than 70% of their max amount.
Blade learns DIVINE JUDGEMENT automatically at round 13 or from round 8 on if a minimum of 2 allies are dead at the end of the turn.
cherry78
Peasant

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks for forwarding my post, Indi. :)

And thank you for your quick reply, Cherry78, and thanks for your congratulations. I am rather proud of having gone this far in the game. That doesn't happen often with other games. Spoiler ahead:

Yes, I did have Divine Judgement, but that cost me each time 70 TP, and it took me a while to get that back (didn't have enough of that potion I needed for filling the TP, because I sold those earlier on). I did use Holy Bound, but I just didn't have enough HP to last long enough to get through several turns - he has 1210 HP.

Because this is the end of the game, I will restart and then do things a little different. Now that I know what to expect I will be more careful what I sell and what I keep. I still don't know where I could have found that ring. I killed several dragons, but none had a ring for me. Oh well, never mind. Maybe next time.

This is a great game. And I am so happy that I haven't encountered any dead ends. I always think that making you run around a large dungeon with several dead ends is the developer's way of lengthening a game. But I rather play a shorter game and don't wander around areas where I have actually nothing to do, but always get lost and mentally tired. Those are games I often give up on before the end of the game, because it kills the fun for me. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Scorpios » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:39 pm

I must be getting old I can't find Blizzardlanden or Krombach are these places in frozen lands?
Beware the Scorpion Sting!
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Scorpios wrote:I must be getting old I can't find Blizzardlanden or Krombach are these places in frozen lands?

When you leave Calzarith, there is a patch of snowy land to the north. That's the Frozen Woods. Go through there, and on the other side is Blizzardlanden and Krombach.

A little hint.
If you hear fireworks while you're in the Woods, go back out of the Woods if you've got the Punchball side quest. There's a new place just south of where you come back out onto the world map.

Vald wrote:But I rather play a shorter game and don't wander around areas where I have actually nothing to do, but always get lost and mentally tired. Those are games I often give up on before the end of the game, because it kills the fun for me. :)

What I found was that there were very few side maps, but that it was always worth going to them for lots of items. Also it is the only way of killing all the enemies in any place. If you do that (and there were often only 16 for the whole place) you got maximum Explorer Cards. These boosted your stats and make things a lot easier, as well as giving you more EXP so that you are a level or two higher.

I'm almost at the end, so I was glad of the hints for how to tackle the final boss.
And congrats on finishing! You're probably the first to do it, so you're something of a pioneer on this game.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

littlebro wrote:What I found was that there were very few side maps, but that it was always worth going to them for lots of items. Also it is the only way of killing all the enemies in any place. If you do that (and there were often only 16 for the whole place) you got maximum Explorer Cards. These boosted your stats and make things a lot easier, as well as giving you more EXP so that you are a level or two higher.

I'm almost at the end, so I was glad of the hints for how to tackle the final boss.
And congrats on finishing! You're probably the first to do it, so you're something of a pioneer on this game.

Oh no, I didn't mean this game. I was saying that I was glad this game didn't have any dead ends, which you often get in other games, where you walk for a long time just to get to a dead end where you get nothing at all, and then have to go back to where you started from and then go a different direction. I did kill all the enemies in this game, knowing that I would get the most cards for it.

But, alas, I haven't actually finished the game. I couldn't kill the last boss, and have decided instead to start again and do things a little differently this time round. Now I know what to expect, I will be better off next time - hopefully.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Scorpios » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 am

+::sos What happened????? +::sos
Im in last battle Blade cant use any spells or anything all he can do is attack...I got the 2 extra spells but cant use them this kinda sucks
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 am

Scorpios wrote:+::sos What happened????? +::sos
Im in last battle Blade cant use any spells or anything all he can do is attack...I got the 2 extra spells but cant use them this kinda sucks

What is Blade equipped with? The Sword of Acgundoth keeps him from using skills and/or spells. There may be others. Also, be sure to watch his TP. Those two spells require TP, not MP, so the girls should be diligently feeding him energy potions.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby feyone2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:08 am

Hi Cherry, I really enjoyed your game. It was great fun! +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Scorpios » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Scorpios wrote:+::sos What happened????? +::sos

What is Blade equipped with? The Sword of Acgundoth keeps him from using skills and/or spells. There may be others. Also, be sure to watch his TP. Those two spells require TP, not MP, so the girls should be diligently feeding him energy potions.

Thanks for your reply Lady JJ :)
Here are my stats

Blade is at Level 25 all others 23, Blade has Spells..Holy Blade and Paradigm He also learned divine judgement while fighting Styx.
I did equip the sword of Acbundoth and War armor but unequipped it when I realized what was happening, I thought it was just part of the game , I fought Styx for so long I realized that my Computer was going to die before him. So I equipped with Sword of destruction, War Shield, Kings Gloves, Frozen Mail and Speed Ring. No change. I tried remove All and still greyed out.
Hope Cherry is available +::sos +::sos +::sos +::sos
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby cherry78 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello Scorpios, none of the equipment you've mentionned should cause skills and spells to be disabled. Have you checked Blade has enough TP and MP?

Feyone2, I'm delighted to read that you've enjoyed it so much. Thank you for your support. +::Thumbup
cherry78
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers