Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Some advices for a newbie

Some advices for a newbie

Postby betelges » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:15 am

Greetings, i 'm a newbie in aldorlea games. I have started some days ago with Laxius Force 2. Seem to be that even if i can play it as a standalone game, many quests and extra can't be completed if i have not complete LF 1 before. Is this correct? Thank you for your help
betelges
Peasant

Re: Some advices for a newbie

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Yes, that's right and you're also missing a lot of the story. I would highly recommend starting with part 1.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:14 pm

It's an awesome, epic adventure. You're going to love Random's world. I wholeheartedly agree with Cassie. Do start with LF I. And don't forget to pick up the free guides available for I and II on this forum.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby betelges » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:09 pm

thank you very much for the advises.I really like the atmopshere retro of these games.
Even if they follow a really strange logic and seem a bit chaotic in pregress line story.
betelges
Peasant

Postby Nikos » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:24 pm

betelges wrote:thank you very much for the advises.I really like the atmopshere retro of these games.
Even if they follow a really strange logic and seem a bit chaotic in pregress line story.

For Laxius games it may seem that way, because before Force was the Laxius Power series.
Laxius games are - Laxius Power Trilogy, Laxius Force Trilogy and Laxius Saga Trilogy ( to be released ).
In Force the world is already established, you will start the story from some point. The character relationship are already progressed from Point A to point B, but you can play the series from Force anyways.
Force doesnt have any major plotholes. There are some quests that left unfinished, because of Laxius Saga.
There are some quests that are connected to Laxius Power series.
Enjoy!
memento mori
Nikos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:00 am

betelges wrote:thank you very much for the advises.I really like the atmopshere retro of these games.

They're chaotic because too many sidequests and optional areas lol I was like that before, I loved the idea of a game being highly explorable. In the original books the story is much easier to follow. +::lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 am

Nikos wrote:

For Laxius games it may seem that way, because before Force was the Laxius Power series.
Laxius games are - Laxius Power Trilogy, Laxius Force Trilogy and Laxius Saga Trilogy ( to be released ).
In Force the world is already established, you will start the story from some point. The character relationship are already progressed from Point A to point B, but you can play the series from Force anyways.
Force doesnt have any major plotholes. There are some quests that left unfinished, because of Laxius Saga.
There are some quests that are connected to Laxius Power series.
Enjoy!

The chronology is:
3 Stars of Destiny (unofficial name Laxius Power 0)
Laxius Power
Laxius Power II
Laxius Power III
Laxius Force
Laxius Force II
Laxius Force III
Fortress of Hell (kind of a gigantic LF sidequest, and an extension of an existing sidequest in LF3)

Laxius Power I-III were made a lonnnnnng time ago so technically they're a bit rough on the edges +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Nikos » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Laxius Power I-III were made a lonnnnnng time ago so technically they're a bit rough on the edges +::lol[/quote]
Laxius Power 1 was never fully finished. There are some maps which tells you - you will play them in version 1.2, which doesn't exist. The game is full of typos, cliches, but there was something magical about it.
Laxius Power 2 was a big improvement overall. I don't remember anymajor bugs. You can import saves from LP 1 and improt save to LP3.
Laxius Power 3 is in my mind the best Indinera game in some aspects - the world is major one, the main quest have parts in which you play with separate parties, and i really love the slayer mechanics. The biggest problem in LP3 are that it have some bugs - the quest book can freeze you game, another menu can too. Another one is that some side maps are locked behind the Slayers mechanic and requires grind. I am pretty sure that either in Laxius Power 3 in the first big area - a swamp - there is a sword which sometimes you can pull it, another time you can. Neither Indi remembered how to do it properly back in th time, neither the walkthrough.
Laxius Force 1 still have a lot of grind if you want to get the most of it. When you finished your first playthrough you can check my save ( i uploaded it and create a thread in the forum ) in which you can see what you have missed.
memento mori
Nikos
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Laxius Power 1 was never fully finished. There are some maps which tells you - you will play them in version 1.2, which doesn't exist.

Oh actually it IS finished, this was always meant to be a joke/teaser. +::whistle
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Nikos » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:04 am

Oh actually it IS finished, this was always meant to be a joke/teaser. +::whistle[/quote]
Never saw that comming. You are a troll.
I remember a lamp in Adretana's castle which said something like that - What are you searchinf for, matey?
memento mori
Nikos
Wanderer

Return to Laxius Force II: The Queen of Adretana - Help and Questions