Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

One Complaint...

One Complaint...

Postby warlok42 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 pm

I love this game and the previous two as well as the other games from Aldorlea, however I find it kind of a rip off that I paid $7 for a guide that doesn't even tell me where the secret rooms are or what the side quests are. I could have completely done without the guide and just had the game give me the arrows where to go. I know you guys work hard to make these games and you do a great job and deserve to make money on them, but $7 for a guide is a little ridiculous if it doesn't even tell you two of the big things about the game. But thank you again for another great game that has given me hours of play time
warlok42
Peasant

Re: One Complaint...

Postby puzzled » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:06 pm

I kind of agree, I mean why pay $7 when you can turn on guide arrows in the options menu xD
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:26 pm

The guide does have many uses such as telling the tricky parts of the game (how to find the weaponsmith, how to enter the ancient temple, the cup of heroes etc) that the arrows do not solve + the monster weaknesses + location of the main places on the map + list of animal kings + fighting strategies + cool hints (ie unequipped jez before she leaves) etc.
But I understand your point and will think about it for the next one. It's just that it's supposed to be a *guide* more than a walkthrough, and I'm not sure revealing all the secret rooms would be the best move (we do reveal the secret rooms that will feel are important to find, ie the Heal spell one for instance). Nevertheless we'll try to improve based on your feedback!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 pm

ie the Hirado secret room.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Yup that one too, also Karine, her shark javelin etc.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby debhi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:08 pm

IMO this is one of the best "GUIDES" that you have written/provided. I thank you for it. The forum itself helps you with all the side quests and secret rooms.
Spoiler: show

debhi
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Alikamou » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 pm

I agree with debhi +::Thumbup It even gives tips or hints on the monsters you meet and what their weaknesses are. It's a guide that helps keep me on track of what the main quest is +::lol The secret rooms are really the fun part of the search. And Indy can certainly hide them +::grrr +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby warlok42 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm not saying the guide wasn't helpful. It certainly was and I appreciate all the work that was put in to make it. I'm just saying that maybe it's a little overpriced seeing as I can get a lot of the same information from the forum.
warlok42
Peasant

Postby debhi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Other guides cost you 9.99 so 7.00 is a fantastic bargain. Remember it is just a choice and not required to buy......for 7.00 I got a real bargain...with lots of help when I need it..........then onto the forum to figure out those hidden rooms......with fantastic screen shots (that sometimes open). Thanks Indi and gang..........
Spoiler: show

debhi
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Return to Millennium 3: Cry Wolf - Help and Questions