Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Battle System issues

Battle System issues

Postby Warthog » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:22 pm

I have been having some interesting issues with Karine and Benoit in battles. What happens is the character will flash but then not do any actions. I generally fight using the rush mode given the levels of my characters, but it happens even when I specify an action or who to attack. At first it was only Karine. I though that it was some sort of terrain effect or maybe a status condition. However, I have not noticed this issue recurring in any particular terrain or status condition repeatedly. It seems to be completely random.
Warthog
Peasant

Re: Battle System issues

Postby Indinera » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Warthog wrote:I have been having some interesting issues with Karine and Benoit in battles. What happens is the character will flash but then not do any actions. I generally fight using the rush mode given the levels of my characters, but it happens even when I specify an action or who to attack. At first it was only Karine. I though that it was some sort of terrain effect or maybe a status condition. However, I have not noticed this issue recurring in any particular terrain or status condition repeatedly. It seems to be completely random.

It's a feature of the battle system.
If you have a weapon that targets one enemy (usually coming with multiple hits too), if this enemy dies before the character has a chance to attack it, then the attack is lost. It's why you need to planify your assault if you are using one or more of such gears.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby RowPro » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I was having the same issue and didn't think I knew enough about it to ask without looking stupid (again). Now I know and it's all because someone else was willing to put themselves out there. Bless you. (BTW - Love the new Christmas look of the site!)
Never, never, never give up! - Winston Churchill
RowPro
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Thank you for the compliment! +:oops:
Always feel free to ask. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin