Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

walkthru for chapter 12 in forum?

walkthru for chapter 12 in forum?

Postby blumyst » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:53 am

Is there awalkthru for chapter 12 here inthis forum? I have the guide but it doesnt say
what chest I should unlock before I sleep. There is a chest before I go down to the basement
thats I cant get to! I cant leave the area till I sleep then after i cant get to the other locked chest
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Re: walkthru for chapter 12 in forum?

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:48 pm

blumyst wrote:Is there awalkthru for chapter 12 here inthis forum? I have the guide but it doesnt say
what chest I should unlock before I sleep. There is a chest before I go down to the basement
thats I cant get to! I cant leave the area till I sleep then after i cant get to the other locked chest

@Kale did an awesome job updating all the walkthroughs for LF I, II and III. You can find Chapter 12 here.
https://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=10467
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
blumyst wrote:Is there awalkthru for chapter 12 here inthis forum? I have the guide but it doesnt say

@Kale did an awesome job updating all the walkthroughs for LF I, II and III. You can find Chapter 12 here.
https://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=10467

Thankyou LadyJJ thatscgreat but its not really a walkthru it tells alot of things but not what im looking for
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:59 am

The walkthrough for chapter 12 is split into two parts because it was too long to fit in a single post:

Part I: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=6485
Part II: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=6484

Regarding the chest, I assume you’re talking about Chapter #12 Part II, #71? Where going to sleep causes it to snow, and any unopened chests get covered by a fresh layer of snow?

There is a locked red chest in the large area before with a Tyrant Mask, which requires the Ivory Key to open. Step #71 details the key location, and step #70 details the locked chest location. I think it was in a large, fairly open area, in the like bottom left-ish part, but I couldn’t say for sure.

There is also another chest somewhere close to the sleeping area that is an Easter egg I believe. I think on a rooftop area?) Indinera sometimes puts chests on the map with no way to actually reach them or open them. LF1 chapter #1 had like 3 or 4 chests like that; they’re all just teasers as far as I know.

If you're referring to another chest than one of the two above; I would need more details about it. Location, color, etc., to provide a better answer.

------------------------------------

Lady JJ: For LF3, I could not get a hold of Litlebro for permission to edit/repost their walkthrough, so my post for LF3 is just the update notes, which have to be used alongside the walkthrough. (Rather than a wholly updated walkthrough like LF1 and LF2 got, unfortunately)
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am

Kale wrote:The walkthrough for chapter 12 is split into two parts because it was too long to fit in a single post:

Part I: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=6485
Part II: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=6484

Regarding the chest, I assume you’re talking about Chapter #12 Part II, #71? Where going to sleep causes it to snow, and any unopened chests get covered by a fresh layer of snow?

There is a locked red chest in the large area before with a Tyrant Mask, which requires the Ivory Key to open. Step #71 details the key location, and step #70 details the locked chest location. I think it was in a large, fairly open area, in the like bottom left-ish part, but I couldn’t say for sure.

There is also another chest somewhere close to the sleeping area that is an Easter egg I believe. I think on a rooftop area?) Indinera sometimes puts chests on the map with no way to actually reach them or open them. LF1 chapter #1 had like 3 or 4 chests like that; they’re all just teasers as far as I know.

If you're referring to another chest than one of the two above; I would need more details about it. Location, color, etc., to provide a better answer.

------------------------------------

Lady JJ: For LF3, I could not get a hold of Litlebro for permission to edit/repost their walkthrough, so my post for LF3 is just the update notes, which have to be used alongside the walkthrough. (Rather than a wholly updated walkthrough like LF1 and LF2 got, unfortunately)

Yes your right in that area I saw the chest but once I got to the area where they sleep afterI got the key I coulldnt get out of there cause I just got Luciana "We cant leave now, we have to finda place to rest" then it was we cant leave now we have to sleep
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:33 am

Unfortunately, checking the bookcase locks the player/party into that area, and prevents you from backtracking for any items you may have missed. This isn’t an area of the game you can ever return to either. Your only real options are to load an older save file (before you examined the bookcase), or move on without the hat.

It was possible to get a Tyrant Mask in LF2, so you may already have one. It’s not a necessary piece of gear for what it is worth.
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:37 am

Kale wrote:Unfortunately, checking the bookcase locks the player/party into that area, and prevents you from backtracking for any items you may have missed. This isn’t an area of the game you can ever return to either. Your only real options are to load an older save file (before you examined the bookcase), or move on without the hat.

It was possible to get a Tyrant Mask in LF2, so you may already have one. It’s not a necessary piece of gear for what it is worth.

Thanks Kale does the hat doanything special that I really need it? WIll i need it later on?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kale » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:04 am

The Tyrant Mask inflicts the Flesh Hunting condition. (Can't Use Spells, Attack Enemies HP130% ST155% RS75% SP135% MN55%) It gives a lot of strength and speed, but it has barely any Pdef/Mdef and really, really hurts your defenses overall. It’s kind of a glass cannon item that causes the user to make a basic attack against a random enemy (You can’t use their skills/spells, or even control them) It can have some situational uses, like making you fast/strong enough to 1-hit knockout an enemy to speed up XP grinding.

I would not consider it great as a general usage head gear though, and I wouldn’t say you ever need it in any way. Most characters would rather be able to use their skills/spells, and would not want to die in potentially 1-2 hits.
Kale
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:46 pm

Kale wrote:The Tyrant Mask inflicts the Flesh Hunting condition. (Can't Use Spells, Attack Enemies HP130% ST155% RS75% SP135% MN55%) It gives a lot of strength and speed, but it has barely any Pdef/Mdef and really, really hurts your defenses overall. It’s kind of a glass cannon item that causes the user to make a basic attack against a random enemy (You can’t use their skills/spells, or even control them) It can have some situational uses, like making you fast/strong enough to 1-hit knockout an enemy to speed up XP grinding.

I would not consider it great as a general usage head gear though, and I wouldn’t say you ever need it in any way. Most characters would rather be able to use their skills/spells, and would not want to die in potentially 1-2 hits.

Ok, thanks. I know I wont really need it so not a big deal.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions