Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Rare bird

Rare bird

Postby txmimi » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:43 pm

I've begun Laxius Force 3 and Wendala and the pets are trying to catch the rare bird in the gardens. Does Cocka need to be a certain level in order to do this? I've seen recommendations on the forum to give him lightning speed, but that doesn't seem to be helping. I haven't used him much up to now, so maybe his level is too low?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Rare bird

Postby Kale » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:37 pm

Lightning speed increases a characters speed by 50%, so that would suggest speed is relevant to success. You can try inflicting werewolf on Cocka using Brussian's Werewolf Bite skill (learned at lv56) as well, that'll add another 56% to Cocka's speed (If the game allows you to that is). To remove the Werewolf condition afterwards, you can either reduce to 0hp, or defend for numerous turns in a row till it wears off.

Beyond that, the following conditions also increase speed: Flesh Hunting, Dazzle, Chaotix, Cosmic aura, Elevation, Legend Slayer, Lullaby transparency, Nimbleness, and Wolf's Rage. The vast majority of those are tied to specific pieces of equipment that Cocka cannot actually equip, but maybe LF3 added items that inflict one of those conditions?

---------------------------------------------

The last possibility I can think of, since the quest seems to require typing in a party member's name; you may be able to type in the name of another character who has a higher speed stat? Random as an example can equip the wanaaeyis katana, falls feather shield, tyrant mask (+35%Speed), broken plate armor, and jester boots (+40%Speed); slap on lightning speed (use a Sparkling Powder) and werewolf (Brussian's skill) and you have almost 4000 speed at max level.

If Random is not available but Brussian is; he has a number of equipment pieces that inflict speed boosting status effects like chaotix, wolf rage, and flesh hunting. Add lightning speed and werewolf on top of that if applicable. (Do note that not all status effects stack, and some override each other)
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:46 am

Kale, thank you for this detailed response. Unfortunately, at this early point in the game, I don't have access to any of the human characters or Brussian. In addition, I have no equipment that Cocka is able to use. He has only his original equipment of cacao beak, cocka wings and cocka rings. I'm able to go out in the lakes area, but nowhere else. So I've spent a lot of time there levelling him up, and his speed has increased. I do give him lightning powder, and his speed now is 1046 or so. Guess I'll keep grinding until he gains a few more levels. I will double-check other items to see if they add any speed. Thanks again!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Seraphus » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:27 pm

txmimi wrote:Kale, thank you for this detailed response. Unfortunately, at this early point in the game, I don't have access to any of the human characters or Brussian. In addition, I have no equipment that Cocka is able to use. He has only his original equipment of cacao beak, cocka wings and cocka rings. I'm able to go out in the lakes area, but nowhere else. So I've spent a lot of time there levelling him up, and his speed has increased. I do give him lightning powder, and his speed now is 1046 or so. Guess I'll keep grinding until he gains a few more levels. I will double-check other items to see if they add any speed. Thanks again!

Not to discourage you, but you need 2000 speed.
I've never done this with anyone but Cocka-Cocka, though. Energy Burn + Lightning Speed.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Ok, so I’m a bit late, but I’ve finally got an answer. Fierce can inflict Flesh Hunting to increase Cocka's SP by +35%, on top of Light Speed's +50%. I believe a Lv. ~40 Cocka can succeed with both status effects stacked together. With just Lightning Speed by itself Cocka would need to be ~Lv 70. (Which incidentally, is the level Cocka needs to be to qualify for the +25 MP from the Fire Guild)

Having the LV 53 Sandy 'Talk' equipment would lower the level requirement a bit as well.
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions