Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Missing Baretta items?

Missing Baretta items?

Postby txmimi » Fri May 05, 2023 8:10 pm

I'm playing LF 3, working through chapter 12. For the third or fourth time through the entire game series, the walkthroughs say to buy such and such from Baretta, then as you're exiting, she offers you something else. This has not happened for me. Today, it was a trip to buy the current Baretta's Special, and she's supposed to also offer me the Baretta x-drill. Then it was buy the pollen, and she'll offer you Nautilea Coral. Didn't happen. Any idea why and how to fix it?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Missing Baretta items?

Postby Kale » Sat May 06, 2023 3:13 am

The majority of shopkeepers that offer an item after speaking to them do so as part of a random event. There is say a 1 in 4 chance that upon exiting their shop completely, the event might trigger. I can't speak for this specific encounter, and there are some oddball implementations elsewhere in the game, but usually you just talk to them, exit completely out, talk to them again, and keep repeating. (Specifically, don't just enter and exit the buy menu; cancel all the way back out and start over from talking to them again)

I think some other events did require buying an item to have a chance at the additional offering, but I’m not 100% sure on this. Notably, Galford required the player to make a 10,000+ gold purchase in a single shopping trip to trigger his stock updating, but that's a pretty uncommon outlier. Try experimenting a bit with exiting completely a few times in a row buying nothing, then exit a few times having bought just one pollen, then exit a few times after making a larger purchase to see if there is possibly a minimum 'gold spent' condition to trigger the event.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 06, 2023 12:52 pm

Rather than all that exiting out, I saved the game just before talking to Baretta. If she didn't offer that second item, I just reloaded and talked to her again. Saves time. In general, the reloading took less time than exiting out and returning.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby txmimi » Sat May 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Great info and tips! Thanks!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 06, 2023 5:47 pm

txmimi wrote:Great info and tips! Thanks!

Did she finally offer them?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby txmimi » Sun May 07, 2023 8:25 pm

The several times I tried these tips was without success, but I didn't move forward from that step in the game yet. So I'll try again. If she still doesn't offer them, I'll probably just try to move on through the game. . . I'm planning to replay it over the summer, so maybe I'd get the items then.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby txmimi » Sun May 07, 2023 10:56 pm

After many saves and trips back and forth to Baretta, she never offers me all the items listed in the walkthrough. So I'm moving on and will do the best I can with what I have.

But, now I can't find the arena! I've been up and down the street where the HQ is and the sign says the area is to the east, but can't find the actual place. Help!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Mon May 08, 2023 2:11 am

Assuming you mean the Adretana Arena, I think it is in the Petro District. Head right from the very entrance of the town, as if you were going to the docks. It's on the screen before the dock area however.

The area to the right of the HQ is a separate shopping area that has the Harpy guild, and doesn't connect to the Petro or dock parts of town that I recall.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Tue May 09, 2023 4:12 pm

Kale, you are correct about the arena. It's north of the ports area. Thanks!
txmimi
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions