Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Buy the mansion?

Buy the mansion?

Postby txmimi » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:53 pm

I didn't have enough money to buy the mansion until Chap 12 of the third game. Is it worth buying now?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Buy the mansion?

Postby Kale » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:44 pm

I haven’t found a great reason to yet, and the walkthrough doesn’t appear to mention anything obvious from what I can tell. The only real reward that I have seen so far, is that Clarine opens a shop you can buy Necrotear at a 33% discount, Necroleech at a 42% discount, Demon Blaster at a 28% discount, and she sells 7x Bromium Powder. She also buys stuff at 50% of their value, 1% more than Solwan does, making her the best person to sell to in LF3 so far. (Clarine is from the Wendala Abduction that helps you find the Orb of the Depths in Chapter 11) It was also possible to get 10,000 gold from the Art Guild if you have the manor, but I’m not sure if that is available anymore? Even both of those together wouldn’t come close to covering the cost of the Manor itself.

Less notably, you can find Mina the fairy you could save at 1001 Lakes. She mentions that she is crystallizing a gem for you, so maybe that comes to something later? (Stat boost item, accessory, I dunno?) Beyond that, Tula and Tull from Snake Rock are there. Melusine from the Sacjdil Torture Organization is also there if you saved her from the director’s room. Interestingly, Garko and Arlis do not appear, even if you saved/recruited them. I was actually kind of hoping Garko would, since Indinera specifically fixed the bug that made recruiting him at Snake Rock impossible in old versions of the game.

Now, there is a box covering what appears to be a stairway down that may be removed at some point later in the game? But I won’t know for sure till I beat LF3.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:34 pm

Thanks for all this detail. Maybe I'll try to buy it in my next playthrough.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:04 am

As an addendum to this, you do actually return to the Manor in the epilogue, with access to the basement area. You can find Garko downstairs and he gives you 18x XP Egg, a Kadaboom, and 22x Demon Blasters with the Luck Ring equipped. You also find Arlis downstairs, and possibly some others you invited to the manor finally. This all amounts to nothing, since it’s the epilogue and you can’t leave or do anything else. I imagine you were maybe supposed to be allowed downstairs earlier in the game to get Garko's haul, and it just didn't make it into the main game.

Mina never crystallized a gem, so nothing to add there.

So I would say it isn't really worth it unless you have boku bucks to spare.
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions