Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Mage guild level 5?

Mage guild level 5?

Postby txmimi » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:36 pm

I've done all the mage guild quests but still haven't been able to get the brain dazzler helmet. I can't tell what level I am, but what's required to be level 5?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Mage guild level 5?

Postby Kale » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:26 am

I believe Rank 5 is at 1000MGP. It is advised to stay at Rank 4 until Luci rejoins the team though, so you can complete the XP Egg quest with Cyan.

Georgia, the shopkeeper near the top of the Mage Guild, will start to sell Insanity Powder and Demon Blaster items at Rank 5, so you can check your rank that way. Also, I believe Sandra will start telling you how many MGP you have, once you do reach Rank 5.

As far as the Brain Dazzler, I believe it is added to the shop as soon as you reach Rank 5, and it appears to stay in the shop until you buy it. You do need to scroll down to the bottom of Cyan’s shop list to see it though. His shop sells twice as many goods as it can display.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Georgia is selling insanity powder and demon blaster, but Cyan still doesn't have the brain dazzler helmet. I haven't been asked to do an XP egg quest either. I have 1755 points. Do you think it's still for me to get the helmet?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:25 am

The XP Egg quest is only available at Rank 4 in the Mage Guild, and makes it so that each XP Egg used affects your entire party roster, instead of just the 4 active party members. This can be big, considering you have a roster of nearly 40 characters by the end of the game.

Reaching Rank 5 cuts off access to that quest, and replaces it with a different quest to help fund Cyan’s friend’s shop. I did go back and check an old save file. The Brain Dazzler does appear immediately after reaching Rank 5, even if the XP Egg quest was not completed. So its appearance is not tied to that quest at least.

I am not sure why Cyan isn’t selling it to you, or what other conditions it may have? There is no helpful information on the forum that I could find, other than to suggest checking every party member in case you did actually buy the Brain Dazzler, equipped it on a party member, and just lost track of it?

All I can say from my own experiences, is that it should appear for sale the moment you reach Rank 5. It also remains in the shop if you don't buy it immediately, so it's not one of those one-time only purchases. It could have a time limit, or other requirement to appear though. I couldn't say with any certainty.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:41 am

Thanks for all the info! When you described the xp egg quest, I remembered doing that, so at least I have that. I will search all the characters again, but I also don't see it listed in the entire list of items. Oh well. . . something for next time! ;-)
txmimi
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions