Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Stuck in Iron Manor

Stuck in Iron Manor

Postby txmimi » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 pm

I'm working through step 58 in the Chap 13 walkthrough and can't find the way into the Blade Room. I'm stuck at the part where it says "Either go back for the chest [which I did] or continue down, left and down." I don't find a way out anywhere and the constant barrage of robots is sapping my supplies. Does someone have more specific info for me?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Stuck in Iron Manor

Postby Kale » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:31 am

I don’t have a good save file to check that directly, and I don’t think you can return there later. From what I recall, you are heading down to the bottom of the screen, where you find a computer with a blue arrow pointing at it. There is a narrow pathway on the left, that initially leads down, which also activates the robots. Continue down that pathway to the bottom, then head right a bit, and then continue downward the rest of the way, I believe? It's a fairly small area, just really heavily populated with enemies initially.

As far as resources, you can buy HP Beta-Pill and MP Alpha Pill at the left-side Landing Bay shop, if you have money to spend.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:39 pm

Thanks for this! I did eventually find it. . . it was more in the middle of the bigger room, and I kept looking more at the sides. Plus it was further down that I thought. I have loads of money, but those pills won't help me acquire more MP, and that's what I'm concerned about running out of. My characters apparently didn't have high enough levels to get weapons that kept topping up their MP. I'm thinking now that it's a definite possibility that I'll be starting the whole area again, because I may run out of MP.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:34 pm

Glad you made it through.

I’m a little confused though; the MP Alpha-Pill restores 70% of your max MP when used. Even if you’re a low level and only have say 500MP max, they’ll still restore 350MP each. You can walk around with 99 of them in your inventory, to say nothing of dozens of other items like Magicka Potions and Magicka Energyzers that also restore MP. You should never truly run out of MP to the point you would need to start over, unless you run out of money? Are you doing a no-items challenge run or something?

If you have Baretta’s Box of Power, you do have the option of saving your game before an easy battle, preferably one against the imps/orcs. You can then keep loading your game and using the Box until you get the Night Sprit boost. That’ll boost your max MP by 50%, and the status effect persists even after a battle ends. That’ better than starting over, I would think.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:24 pm

Thank you again. After your comments, I realized I had not been paying attention to the benefits of the MP beta pills! I was focusing only on the ability to remove exhaustion (or whatever it is). i'll just keep battling on with confidence that I have enough, or access to enough, recovery items. Thanks again!
txmimi
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions