Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Grandiose Box?

Grandiose Box?

Postby txmimi » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

I'm following the walkthrough for Chapter 12 part 1 and the text says to go buy another fighting machine from Baretta, and that when you leave, she'll offer you a grandiose box. I have the machine, but get no prompt for the box. I've tried leaving and returning without success. Is there something else that I should do?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Grandiose Box?

Postby Kale » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:31 am

Typically, Baretta works by offering a bonus item for sale, after you empty her initial shop out. (This can mean buying multiple copies of the same item to empty her shop completely) Sometimes, it can require the Luck Ring to be equipped on Random before the initial purchase is made, and sometimes it’s a one-time only offer that she’ll never make again. Some forum goers have also occasionally mentioned issues beyond these two points, suggesting there is another layer to what is going on with Baretta’s offerings.

I know that in LF1, the completion status of "Q129 Bring Goods to Baretta" did influence some of her offerings back then. If you want to check your quest completion log book and make sure Q129 is marked complete? Past that and the Luck Ring, nothing else comes to mind unfortunately. There is a missing piece to the Baretta puzzle we never solved as to why she sometimes doesn’t offer everything she could/should.

Edit: I did find an old post that Indinera made, which seems to confirm that Baretta requires you to buy every single item she offers, or you can miss out on some later.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I tried to always buy what she was selling, but lack of money was often a problem. BTW, do you mean all the weapons in the shop above the entrance, or just the ones Baretta herself sells?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:54 pm

I would assume he was referring to Baretta’s special shop specifically, since the conversation was specifically about the 5x Wicked Switch-Blade that she sold in LF2. Only Indinera could say with any certainty though. Here is the specific post I was referring to, if you want to look it over yourself: viewtopic.php?p=307031#p307031
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions