Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Map of the oasis

Map of the oasis

Postby txmimi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:19 am

I finished the pyramid that is the 6th temple and went to the desert. Following the walkthrough, I found the oasis, but when I can't get the prompt to draw the map for Marmaris. The quest is on my list, but when I speak to him after returning from the desert, he just says oh that would be awesome, don't get burned in the sun. What have I missed?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Map of the oasis

Postby Kale » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 am

I believe the quest is completed automatically as soon as you enter the Oasis. I’m not sure if you even need to talk to him again to clear the quest log at that point, but you might still want to for the Golden Apple.

Just to make sure, you are entering the small mountain cave that is in the middle-ish desert area; which leads to a variety of merchants and people to talk to? I don’t remember anything particular about this quest that might help if that doesn’t work, sorry.
Kale
Explorer

Postby txmimi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Yes, I went through the door in the hill and got to the oasis and walked all around and got another quest to clear their pond. The walkthrough does have a puzzling instruction to "circle the central pool anti-clockwise" without saying why. I've done that multiple times and there's never any notice about it. Then I return to the palace, go in the market, talk to Marmaris again, but the quest is still in the log, and no golden apple. So, I'm stumped.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:56 pm

My best guess is that the counter-clockwise part is just navigation advice, to help guide the player towards Aethenia. I don’t believe it is relevant to either quest.

Maybe try to revisit the oasis? It’s possible that the Pond quest scripting may have fired off first, and not given the Map quest scripting a chance to trigger? You should just be getting an instant quest complete for the map quest upon entering the Oasis, no exploration or anything more needed. Unfortunately, I have no clue why this isn’t working for you.
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions