Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

My Games Portfolio (43 in total)

Re: My Games Portfolio (22 in total)

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:28 pm

loof123 wrote:Dreamscape was quite original. That's why it's one of my fav games of yours but I beat it in Ataraxia mode... +::biggrin

tsk tsk ataraxia is so damn easy
beat it in nightmare mode :p

sylia and dreamscape probably underperformed EXACTLY because they have an original premise. i dont think people like that so much. but hey, i make games out of passion, not to fit some kind of marketing study, so I'll still be making games I like even if they might underperform. and they STILL performed. vastly profitable, both of them. just not in the league of Asguaard and co.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Indinera wrote:
loof123 wrote:Dreamscape was quite original. That's why it's one of my fav games of yours but I beat it in Ataraxia mode... +::biggrin

tsk tsk ataraxia is so damn easy
beat it in nightmare mode :p

I know it is... But the mode harder than utopia was too hard, and since ataraxia's reward was Marine, I kinda wanted to play as her. And Indy, you should do another all characters pics like you did once way back in 2010! +::biggrin

And Original is good but no idea why some people don't like it. I really don't :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:33 pm

And Indy, you should do another all characters pics like you did once way back in 2010! +::biggrin

maybe lol but after 2013 is over could be even more interesting :razz:

And Original is good but no idea why some people don't like it. I really don't

it's safer to play more conventional games? dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 pm

I think it all boils down to the fact that people have very different likings.
I personally like things that others don't like and I don't like things that others love. For instance, I'm not a bit secret room fan. I keep searching them cause it's part of the game, but I could happily live without them.

A problem of mine was that Asguaard is a random encounter game which I absolutely disliked back when I played it. After playing 3S several times in a row I got used to it though and MM5 I also played with invisible encounters.
So I guess I should give Asugaard another go. Maybe I'll like it better next time.
Dreamscape made me nervous. I couldn't collect the restoratives and keep them. I always panicked that I might not find enough to get me going. In RPGs I'm like a squirrel. Collect, collect collect, keep everything .... and then never need it. +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Collect, collect collect, keep everything .... and then never need it.

Oh, but I am the exact same.
That said, you can virtually "collect" in Dreamscape, by leaving everything on the ground (paradoxal, said this way, but that's true).
I'd make a point to only pick up what I'd need. +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Indeed. For example I love the secret rooms. maybe it was because Asguaard is more epic, and Dreamscape is more personal? Maybe it's the premise that people didn't like. Or maybe it's the gameplay. No idea really :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Indinera wrote:Oh, but I am the exact same.
That said, you can virtually "collect" in Dreamscape, by leaving everything on the ground (paradoxal, said this way, but that's true).
I'd make a point to only pick up what I'd need. +::music

That's what I did, but then, when I needed something, I had to return to places where I left stuff on the ground.
Well, to be fair, that wasn't too often. There was plenty (at least for the mode I was playing).
Anyway, the game just didn't get me hooked so much. Although - I should give it a second go to because I still have that save file with the new additional character. Don't know the name, but it was a girl. (Not Marine, I'd know that, lol)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

maybe it was because Asguaard is more epic, and Dreamscape is more personal?

maybe. but sylia is very epic. it might be more down to presentation. and avoid confusing people. dreamscape may have been too surreal, too confusing, for people. that said, it's important not to single out any of my games, since they all had pretty good runs. but some had better ones than others. +::Dunno

Maybe it's the premise that people didn't like.

premise is always very important. asguaard starts very mysteriously, in a beautiful, eerie landscape. maybe that's why?

Or maybe it's the gameplay.

this too. i suppose picking the items off the floor may have turned off some players. +::Dunno
but hey, my role is to make the games i want to make - not fit in some marketing study. otherwise i'm no longer independent.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

That's what I did, but then, when I needed something, I had to return to places where I left stuff on the ground.
Well, to be fair, that wasn't too often. There was plenty (at least for the mode I was playing).
Anyway, the game just didn't get me hooked so much. Although - I should give it a second go to because I still have that save file with the new additional character. Don't know the name, but it was a girl. (Not Marine, I'd know that, lol)

Saehral I guess. yes it's fun to replay a game with a different party, even if only one character changes.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Yeah, indeed. Doing what you want is the thing that makes it fun! Because if you didn't have fun, we wouldn't be playing these great games +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:50 pm

loof123 wrote:Yeah, indeed. Doing what you want is the thing that makes it fun! Because if you didn't have fun, we wouldn't be playing these great games +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin

and they would not be released even remotely as fast, too.
passion is a great driving force. +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Indinera wrote:Saehral I guess. yes it's fun to replay a game with a different party, even if only one character changes.

Yes, can be it was her!

Indinera wrote:but hey, my role is to make the games i want to make - not fit in some marketing study. otherwise i'm no longer independent.

In fact, the variety of your games is what makes them so good. It's only natural that people react differently. But there would be no fun (neither for you nor for us) if they were all the same. It's cool to see all the new things you come up with in every game.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Thank you. I always try to come up with stories that are not bland and dull repeats of what's already in existence.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 am

They definitely aren't!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Thank you very much. I may have more "original" games coming up. +::whistle :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions