Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A bit too late, but removing Random from the party.

A bit too late, but removing Random from the party.

Postby Merkades » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Hello,

I finally got around to finishing up LF2 in preparation for LF3 and I remembered that I always wanted to ask this question. I would really like to remove the main character from the battle group. My Random is a good 10 levels higher than anyone else because he is just about always in the party. This is particularly annoying when you simply want to level up other characters, not that most of the characters are particularly useful...

I understand that he is central to the story, but many games allow the event scenes to go on regardless of who is in the battle group or correct the battle group if said character needs to be a participant. Random is a great character in battle, but I really would like to even out my party a bit.

Anyways, that was my rather late request. So far, your games have been enjoyable, but I really hope Random and Sarah..and probably Luciana die in this episode :P (despite the smiley, I am being serious, not facetious, great battle characters, but I am really starting to hate them for personality, especially Random).

Merkades.
Merkades
Peasant

Re: A bit too late, but removing Random from the party.

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm

but I really hope Random and Sarah..and probably Luciana die in this

+::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Saphira » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 am

I also found it difficult leveling up everyone when Random couldn't be removed from the party....but killing him off is a bit drastic isn't it? +::O_o
I wouldn't want to see Random, Sarah or Luciana killed at all. They are central to the whole storyline.

Counting down the days till LF3 is released +::YAY
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Merkades » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 am

I am not advocating killing him simply because he is always in the party, rather because Random is a huge d-bag. He is absolutely 100% jerk which I can't stand (but awesome fighter) look how he treated Yveen near the end, absolutely deplorable, were I her, I would have smote him. (contrasting that, I like Wendala most of the time, even though she is probably 75% jerk, but is usually kinda funny)

For Sarah...She is just too dumb to live. I favor elves more than any other fantasy race, but I cannot stand idiocy. (but again, an outstanding battle member). I honestly can't imagine her actually surviving normal life to her current age let alone dealing with their current dangers, surely she is the type to be featured on those various "dumbest of" videos. I do like her evolutions, though I wonder if they are not getting too fantastical.

I thought I would end up liking Luciana the most but the Julian relationship has me changing my mind, she is way too fickle, constantly changing her mind, saying one thing then suddenly doing another over and over. And it is not just the love relationship that she changes opinion on so suddenly, that was just the most egregious.

Aside from that, I was just thinking that it would be right to have a new set of heroes for the third trilogy that comes after this, because unless Indinera uses a cop out, those Demons from another plane are still coming and are actually a bigger threat than the Grand Commendanter himself. It would feel odd if they go through yet another event where they lose levels/gear et cetera and start all over. And yes, that is pure speculation.

I actually have a number of things I would like altered (primarily status effects/states and skill readouts, being more easily intelligible) but I really do enjoy the game (except the underwater levels..and the mountain pass of MM1), and as such will buy the third one as well. I particularly like the large amount of playable characters, though I wish more were actually worth using (at the risk of homogenization).

Merkades.
Merkades
Peasant

Postby Terre » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:46 am

+::O_o
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
Milton Berle
Terre
Wanderer

Postby Terre » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 am

I agree that some of the individual personalities can grate on you sometimes...but dead?

Perfectly mannered, clear-thinking, always-perfectly-correct characters would bore the heck out of me.

All the best heroes are flawed somehow.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
Milton Berle
Terre
Wanderer

Postby titaness » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 am

Some characters will remain immortal for me!! I just can't imagine Indy killing off any of the 3.
Couldn't they just have a happy ending and live peacefully forever thereafter?? +::YAY
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:24 am

and what about good ol' Coryool? +::shhhh +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby CEMF » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:27 am

I can even being a little rude, and not have anything to do with the subject, but it's a shame you're waiting for death of the 3 principal characters of the game,only by reason of being willing to level up the others ... It's simple, just take out the three other characters in your group, place those you want to level up and have fun!Of course Random will aways have a few levels more than the others,but it's normal!

Of course,It's only my opinion :) +::Thumbup

@Indy : Coryool???He's my favorite,I don't want him to die,but if it happens,I can't do nothing,but I still like his personality +::clap
CEMF
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby linc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 am

I understand sometimes it's annoying to lvl up a lot of charas when you have only 3 slots available. But there's no match to Random. He is always reliable in a boss fight and we can't say the same about other charas. Would u face the GC w/o Random in your party?

I don't want any of the main heroes to die!!! +::O_o
linc
Explorer

Postby Merkades » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:44 am

@terre - I did say I like Wendala most of the time, and she is far from what you described. I kinda like Guanidia too, he actually made me laugh some. Though I will admit that I probably like Brussian most personality wise because he is never a jerk, usually level headed and rationable, though I would loved to have seen him whack Random a time or three for constantly leaving out Marion's death (whom I did not like, boring) when he waxes poetic about Sandy (whom I also did not like, too much of a "I'm a loser mentality").

I realize most people here will not agree with me on those three, but it is what it is, their personalities just rub me the wrong way, and being the main characters, it goes on for the full game. Would me saying that I would not be saddened if they should happen to perish be better :P I should probably not admit that I am not much of a fan of Marine either (but I don't dislike her yet), though I have not finished that game yet so I don't necessarily have her character locked down, let alone if she grows in pt 2 and 3.

Coryool... taking a wait and see approach on him. I never played the LP series and his screen time in the LF series has been short, so far he is quite loud. I am tempted to replay the two games again, but with LF 3 apparently close, I think I will wait 'til after it to do so.

@linc he can die winning the battle can't he? He is an awesome fighter, all three of them are, no argument there from me. Of course being so awesome in comparison to the non three stars/+wendala/yveen kinda determines your permanent group unless forced otherwise, or leveling, which is a negative. (I am almost playing devils advocate here, but I like the three to be in my group as much as possible too, but 40 characters man, 40).

I am a fan of the good guys, even if they always do come last. Anyways, good night, I have an early morning tomorrow.

Merkades.
Merkades
Peasant

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions