Yes it's a fairly good one, I used it too
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Great places to level up!

Postby anu rulz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am

how did u guys level up vanina??am on my second playthrough and last time if i remember correctly, vanina had come AFTER the crystal zapoos and kondler trial..so i had left her aside..(she walks in towards the end wid a 20ish sumthng level, dnt judge me +:oops: ) bt i wud like to grind her up to acceptable levels this time..please help...
anu rulz
Bard

Postby briony » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:54 am

seeliewight wrote:
Destinye wrote:He has a new spell - but it did not do much lol!!

What level and what spell?

Hi Seeliewight if you go into the forum for LF111 I have put a list of skills and levels there - it may be of some help for you
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby gala1954 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 am

Spoiler: show
Okay... my new favorite place is the Lava Pool in the Fire Mages' Guild... Not only does your fighting party get experience, but EVERYONE in the party gets experience, too... so I put people I wanted to level up for the arena in the fighting party with Random armed to the teeth (i.e., Ketakeri blade, etc., at level 99) and RUsH through two levels and FIGHT/DEFEND using magic throgh the others... piece of cake --equip those who can equip them with seed pendants and watch your levels rise.... this was a desperation move on my part as I wanted to get Alexandra and Aaron through the arena before going to the throne room... had to go up major levels.

Legendra Tower is good for $$$ and experience both... so it's another option, although you have very little options to choose your fighting party -- except the naked level...
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby gala1954 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 am

Oh, and something else...
BTW -- something I haven't seen here is my new favorite strategy... well, Random being a tank and all... I put Wendie in the first party I take through that I want to level up. After the first two rounds which are easy, I have Wendie cast Night Watcher on the party and just defend with Wendie and Random and watch the two other members of the party get slaughtered. Bad you say? No... they are still "alive", i.e. "healthy" not "exhausted". Make sure you have them equipped with either seed pendants or if you have the book ot 10 years of knowledge (I think that's its name) to give EXTRA large numbers of experience points to one of the characters who can equip it -- this is Marion's prize after winning the arena). Do the same thing after the end of the fourth round with another person. They will all be "zombies" that can still attack (so make sure they have weapons against fire equipped) but they cannot use magic. The monsters can't kill them either because, hey, they're already dead, but they can interact in this state and can heal Random with items if he gets ground locked and hit too much while not being hurt themselves.. It's a cool cheat! No more keeping mega life potions around for Vanina! Oh, this works well for good fighters, including Adon and Fierce in the Cosmopoitan Guard area, too. Only Random is "alive" and Wendie, Adon, and the other fighters can go into the area and kick a** on those horrible undeads! Hehehehehehe... You can't go to the arena, however, in this state. It will not recognize you as being a living entity. That is too bad. Otherwise, you can interact as usual, putting them in and taking them out of your active party. Equipping certain items will bring them back to life, too, so make sure they're equipped before you place them under the Night Watchers spell. When you want to bring your character back to "life', just do "revive" with Sarah and heal them up or sleep at an inn. Just some fun to try!
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 am

Wow that's a great find, my question is: where did you get Night Watchers from? +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't remember ever using that spell. It says, "Inflicts Soul Protection", but what exactly does that mean?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:52 pm

It protects from KO and another thing.
Apparently it creates a really weird situation... kudos to gala for experimenting. +::Thumbup
I suppose though that if the "non-dead" persons are killed, the rest of the party dies, so you better make sure your tank is indeed worth this name.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby gala1954 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:46 am

Now, a tank isn't a tank if he's/she's not up to the damage caused... right? So make sure the tank is well-equipped to be protected against magic and physical damage both. Random fits that category easily... I don't remember when Wendie gets that spell anymore, but one time I was looking through her spells and thought I'd try it. Wel, was that ever cool == especially in the undead Cosmos. That was a really tough battle when my characters went there without "undead", so to speak, protection. After that, it was great. Especially if they were equipped to fight the undead. Once I put through all the tanks except Random, I would let Wendie be "protected" too and she could do awesome physical damage from her invisible place and use items to heal Random as needed. In fact, everyone in the party could heal Random if needed -- status effecs, healing potions, and magic energyzers. It's the coolest find ever! Thanks, Indy, for that super cool magic. It also came in handy whn leveling in the fire guild as the enemies there occasionally hit Random with ground lock and you can just heal him when neceasary so he DOESN'T die while ground locked and he can wait out the ground lock until he comes back to full power and smashes those enemies into a pulverized powder!!! Yeah, Random, you're awesome!

Hey, has anyone else wondered what's up with Wendala? I mean, does anyone know of anyone else in a position of servitude who would be allowed to gain that kind of strength? I mean, she really hands her ex-bosses their "cajones" on a plate, doesn't she? Whew1 "Wait, don't move while I target this Laxius Torpedo on your nasty face!?" +::clap Not the kind of slave most of us would want around the house, huh? +::biggrin
Last edited by gala1954 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 am

Coryool should be an awesome tank as well, I suppose. But since Random can't be put out of the party, he is the natural tank. :)

Thanks, Indy, for that super cool magic.

Thank you! I always like to experiment, especially in the Laxius series. I don't like staying on the beaten track, it gets boring. :)

It also came in handy whn leveling in the fire guild as the enemies there occasionally hit Random with ground lock and you can just heal him when neceasary so he DOESN'T die while ground locked and he can wait out the ground lock until he comes back to full power and smashes those enemies into a pulverized powder!!! Yeah, Random, you're awesome!

I'm sure he'll like that (Sarah, not so much ^^)

Hey, has anyone else wondered what's up with Wendala? I mean, does anyone knpw of anyone else in a position of servitude who would be allowed to gain that kind of strength? I mean, she really hands her ex-bosses their "cajones" on a plate, doesn't she? Whew1 "Wait, don't move while I target this Laxius Torpedo on your nasty face!?" +::clap Not the kind of slave most of us would want around the house, huh

Being a slave is a mental thing. She will just obey and totally avoid using the Torpedo if ordered to. ;)

That said, Random (her master) could definitely kick her *** +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby gala1954 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 am

Random (her master) could definitely kick her ***
Well, Indy, I guess we'll never know that for sure until you create a PVP mode in Laxius, right? hahahaha... that could be fun -- Random vs Wendie, Coryool vs R\andom, Sarah vs Wendie (that would be a kick, huh?) We did have a little bit of that at the Institute back in LF II when you played against the computer in a video game. Might be something fun for future games, right? Hey, and I didn't get to become "galadriel, the Lady of Light" without finding cool ways to use magic, right? I just wish I hadn't destroyed the Cosmo Guard so early on 'cuz it's a great way to level your characters... Oh, well, lots of things to remember for the next run through...
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 am

Random vs Wendie

would be great but if Random is smart he just has to order her to lose +::biggrin

Coryool vs R\andom,

Guess Coryool doesn't stand so well a sword strike...

Sarah vs Wendie (that would be a kick, huh?)

Yeah they would fight like mad xD

Oh, well, lots of things to remember for the next run through...

Indeed! Hope you'll enjoy it just as much, if not more ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby gala1954 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:37 am

anu rulz wrote:how did u guys level up vanina??am on my second playthrough and last time if i remember correctly, vanina had come AFTER the crystal zapoos and kondler trial..so i had left her aside..(she walks in towards the end wid a 20ish sumthng level, dnt judge me +:oops: ) bt i wud like to grind her up to acceptable levels this time..please help...

anu rulz, try taking her to the Fire Mage Guild and using Wendie's Night Watchers on Vanina. This really helps because Vanina gets killed by everyone and everything so often. If you "Night Watchers" with Wendie, then when she is killed, you don't have to worry about it anymore. And if she's equpped with the pollen weapon from Baretta's secret shop, she can actually do some damage and even kill the Fire Dancers from her hidden place without being killed herself. When she's levelled to where you want to try her in the arena, just give her a revive potion and take her to the Inn for a good night's rest and you're off to the arena. I'm still leveling her up for that battle, so can't help with strategies on that yet, but good luck!
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby gala1954 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 am

Okay, now this is really COOL! It's a strategy that worked for me on the last battle with that big slob at the end Guaniba or something like that.... Please don't click on the spoiler if you just love to suffer and die at the hands of the big, bad and uglies... okay? Promise? ;)

Use Nightwatchers as Wendie's first action in the battle. When Sarah gets killed, she can't get killed again and can sit there from her hidden place doling out potions and other items to the Laxius fighters... Of course, you'll want to try to do her fighting boosts for the party which she can't do from her hidden position, so just have her give herself a life potion to come back to life long enough to boost the fighters! if she dies again, it's the same battle and she's still able to use items and fight with a sword, if you want her to... I wish I'd thought of that strategy with Hondler, but I'll try that next time... you big, bad wolf, you... Hondler... I can hide IN THE DARK, too! hahahahaha so watch where you go in Astralitz, big boy, I'll be waiting for you in the dark! One thing I did do first on Hondler, however, was to use "Dissipation Fog" on him, as the first thing he does is boost himself... I loved knocking those darned boosts off of him, just like that! Dissapation Fog is your friend!
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am

Dissipation Fog FINALLY getting its long overdue praise!!!! +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext