Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New House of Torture Bug?

New House of Torture Bug?

Postby Zenai » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Okay I have read through all 28 Pages of forum topics and I have not seen anything close to this as of yet. So without further ado here we go on this weird thing I have run into.

Disclaimer: This is NOT the Mrs. Balthory Quest.

Now I got this quest from the Fighters Guild if I remember right: Dismantle the Slave Organization

I had to go make contact with Demetrio in the Main Street of Adrentana with only Wendala and Random and convince him he wants to buy Wendala. I got the Pheasant Hat and Duke's Monocle and got him to agree to do it in LF 2 before going to Balnnula. It showed up in the Quest log as I had made contact and that I had to wait until he contacted me later. Ok Great!

Imported to LF 3 ( +::YAY YEAHHH it was awesome getting to here.) Now everything is going great and I got to the point where I am supposed to get this quest taken care of and but what has happened? Apparently I have NOT made contact with Demetrio and so I have to do it again. Hmmm ok so I did this again then went to Mt. Zule (First Run where you finally get the Atomic Sword from Daryl....yes!) I come back and no contact, ok, had to go into Randoms Body come back...nothing, completed some other stuff and still NOTHING.

So I am now at the point where I am about the to to Mt. Zule for the second time and am wondering because of this weird occurrence(Bug?) : Will I ever be able to finish this quest?

Honestly after everything I have done to get here it would REALLY suck to have to go all the way back to the beginning or even before Balnnula +::fear +::grrr

Any enlightenment on this issue would be AWESOME! (Thanks in advance by the way +::YAY )
Zenai
Wanderer

Re: New House of Torture Bug?

Postby D-Squall » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm

That is strange, I played Laxius Force III three times. And all the times the contact happened in the right place (i.e. before Random body adventure), so I don't know how to help you in this. Maybe Indy can.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Hard for me to help, it's been such a long time... like DS said, I don't think there is a bug in that quest. Make sure to take Wendala with Random alone, no-one else in the party, it may help.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kale » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 am

Your symptoms differ from the usual bug in regards to this quest, but you might still try talking to the quest giver at the Fighter's Guild again about this specific quest. With any luck that will sort out whatever issue you ran into.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Zenai » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Indy/Kale I have done both of those things and still come up with the same outcome. That's why I brought this up with you since it's weird. I mean if I HAVE to go back that far I will but man that will TOTALLY suck +::cry
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby Kale » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Dang, I was hoping that would still work. I haven't picked up LF3 yet, so I couldn't even begin to guess if this is just some quirk of the quest or an actual bug. If Indy has the ability, you might see if he can look over your save file and check if some game variable related to the quest just got set wrong. Baring that, maybe someone more knowledgeable about LF3 can help.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Zenai » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Would it help if I gave you my save file Indy?
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby Zenai » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 am

Okay I know it has been like FOREVER but I was disenchanted for a bit than I got busy with work of all things.......damn you economy for making me do anything other than game! +::fear

/whew ok end rant I am better now...... +::biggrin

Now I picked it back up just yesterday and moved forward with the questing and said if it works great if not I am gonna finish this game one way or another. +::grrr Good thing too since as it just so happens you CAN do the quest later! +::YAY

Just to be clear by later: You get the message before you hit the palace and do the whole airport cutscene. Then AFTER Luciana has called the Counsel but BEFORE you start anything else you can do this quest/section of the walkthrough.

So there you go folks an alternate possibly much better way to get this handled, or at least a less buggy way +::Dance
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Well I usually try to complete all the quests in all the games I make, so there should be a way for all of them.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions