Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:44 pm

guppies143 wrote:Hi Jeremy,
Sorry to ask for help again, but I'm totaly lost, again. I've found the Roseta Stone, but I can not seem to find the Gaurdian or the Black Diamond. +::surrender Would please help me, again?
Guppy

Of course, I'm delighted to help everyone! There's no need to apologize. :)

If you've found the Rosetta Keystone, I assume you've activated the midpoint warp in the Cave of Destiny. By taking this warp, you're transported to B8. Head straight down to B11, where the music changes and there's a sign that says you're at the "junction of dimensions". Go left.
B12-L: This area is a little long and loopy, but there aren't any branching paths.
B13-L: A maze of trees. Watch out for the random encounters with Lemurs. It's easy to get lost here, so I made a map for you: http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/jeremyz89/Destiny_help_zpsb9c8dbe2.png. The Vampire Fang is an accessory that increases the amount of HP absorbed by draining skills (learned by Karma and Pica). If you don't use those characters or if you don't bother with draining skills, don't feel compelled to get it; you'll just be asking for more Lemur encounters, which could be deadly.
B14-La: Proceed normally. Note that you're walking below a web, so your visibility may be impaired a bit.
B15-La: Not a complicated floor. There's a secret passage through the wall in the upper-left that lets you reach the enemy on the ledge. It can remove characters from your party, so watch out (just get them back in your party with the Party Ball after the battle); if you defeat it, you'll win a Neo Tonic.
B14-Lb: This time you're walking on top of the web. Make your way to the end, watching out for all the enemies.
B15-Lb: Hit the warp to make things easier, then take the passage to the right on B15-Lb. Beyond is the door that you need the Rosetta Keystone to unlock.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Jeremy, I'm back playing again and I'm in Fiyara looking for the emperor (as per advice) after beating Troy & Yas 2nd Monster. I'm in the palace & there's a room with flashing red squares but I can't seem to find a way through. Is this a decoy or am I just blinded by the flashing? Is there a way through? +::sos please!!!!!!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby guppies143 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Before I log off for the night, I wanted to thank you again. Your help has enabled me to continue my battle to the finish +::YAY . I hope you have a great night, and I'll be back at it tomorrow. Thanks again!
Guppy
guppies143
Wanderer

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 pm

guppies143 wrote:Hi Jeremy,
Before I log off for the night, I wanted to thank you again. Your help has enabled me to continue my battle to the finish +::YAY . I hope you have a great night, and I'll be back at it tomorrow. Thanks again!
Guppy

You're welcome, and thank you very much. Same to you. :)
feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, I'm back playing again and I'm in Fiyara looking for the emperor (as per advice) after beating Troy & Yas 2nd Monster. I'm in the palace & there's a room with flashing red squares but I can't seem to find a way through. Is this a decoy or am I just blinded by the flashing? Is there a way through? +::sos please!!!!!!

Yes, the room with the flashing floor is where you should be. There is a path all the way through to the top, where the throne is. Sit on it to open the way forward (it won't electrocute you this time, I promise :razz: ).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks Jeremy,
I'll have to try later as I'm off to work now.
Cheers feyone2
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby feyone2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Jeremy, got through the maze this time, must have been tired when I tried it before. Now on Beghar. An amazing game! +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:30 am

Feyone2: Great! Good luck on Behgar, and thanks again for your praise! +::Thumbup

I'm so grateful for everyone who's enjoying my game, and honored by all your kind words. However, I would like to know specifically what everyone likes about it, to gain a little more insight, if no one would mind indulging me. What motivates you to keep playing, to keep coming back for more? Do you have any favorite parts of the story or general aspects of the game that stand out in particular? Is there anything else you can think of that you might like to comment on? For example, Feyone2 mentioned the artwork and the style of the characters. Woofgang also mentioned the art, as well as the story and the overall composition of the game.

No pressure, no obligation, just another question I'm throwing out there for anyone who feels like answering it, to help me gauge what you like so I can inject even more of it into the next game. :) I also appreciate your suggestions for things like volume control, more save files, an "autobattle" command, and so on. I'm pretty sure these are things that can be implemented without any trouble.

Once again, thank you all so much. I really enjoy helping everyone out and participating in the community for my own game, and I look forward to doing so for my future games as well! ;)
Last edited by soulcatapult on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 am

Jeremy
I love pretty well everything about the game. Can't say that I have real favourite characters. Trying to use them all, at some time or other. But then, I'm not done the game yet. Still enjoying going back to previous played areas, cause keep finding new things to do.( Surprises)
Like when I went back to Granny's house in Alavon, found out she was ill. The poor dear. Must find a cure for her now. Just can't let her suffer. +::cry
At this rate, I'll never finish the game............teehee
gaby5516
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Gaby: Thank you, I appreciate that. Sometimes, when I was playtesting, I would also rotate characters in and out of my team, to keep things fresh. And I made sure there were lots of rewards for visiting older areas, like the Granny side quest you mentioned, as well as scenes for character development.

I'm glad you've been enjoying the game for so long. :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:16 am

found it okay but would have liked a guide or walkthrough for more in depth help-(even a log /quest book) got stuck on puzzles that need more expertise especially the train tracks ( my fine motor skills are not what they were when younger)- some areas hard to see the paths for the secret hideaways - too many battles ( you walk a few steps and there is another battle) but overall not too bad a game- at least it is replayable with many side quests
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:42 am

Briony: Indeed, replayability is a huge asset to any game, RPGs especially, and I made sure to incorporate plenty of it in my own game.

Did you finish? If not, how far did you make it?
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 pm

briony wrote:found it okay but would have liked a guide or walkthrough for more in depth help-(even a log /quest book) got stuck on puzzles that need more expertise especially the train tracks ( my fine motor skills are not what they were when younger)- some areas hard to see the paths for the secret hideaways - too many battles ( you walk a few steps and there is another battle) but overall not too bad a game- at least it is replayable with many side quests

I have found so much help here, that I really didn't miss the walkthrogh in this game. And as Jeremy said earlier, the Chibi in the Party Ball, gives you quite a bit of guidance.
As for too many battles, I found it welcome, as in other games, I used to have to go in and out of screens, to level up characters.
If you are stuck at any places, just type in the search word at the top of the page here in the forum, and 90% of the time you will find your answer (without having to pay for a guide).
If you can't find an answer by that method, just ask , and someone will answer it for you.
Hope this helps you enjoy the game more.
Jeremy has been a great help, as well as many other players.

I am however stuck in Destiny Cave. Find it very confusing. Running around like a chicken with head cut off.
Could use some help with the floors there.
Where should I go to make sure I get the important stuff?
A map of the floors might be nice.
I have found one Skelleton Key sofar. How many more do I need?
I did open up one warp stone.
Are there anymore to get?
+::sos
gaby5516
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Gaby: If you've opened one warp already, I assume it's the one on B8, where the right and left paths converge and there's another path leading downward. Is this correct?

If you go down that path, you'll have to fight the boss Evil Root. Have you done this already? By the way, as it's Plant-type, Maximus' Charged attacks with an axe will be very effective (if he's adequately leveled), as will Leonardo's Phoenix Claws (or even Seraph's Breath, if you've learned it).

A couple floors down from the Evil Root is the second major junction of the Cave of Destiny. In order to reach the Guardian (to the left), you need the Rosetta Keystone (to the right). So head right first, if you haven't already obtained the Rosetta Keystone.
B12-R: There are three sets of branching paths heading to the right. Take them in this order: Middle, Bottom, Top. Then take the stairs down to B13-R.
B13-R: Head straight down and take the stairs.
B14-Ra: Proceed to the right and go up the stairs.
B13-R revisited: You'll have to follow the speckles in the darkness. Walk straight up to the first one, then right to the next, then down, then right again, then up again, and take the stairs.
B14-Rb: Loop around and go up into the next room.
B14-Rc: Walk up and stand on the tinted square to initiate a battle with the Ancient.

BOSS: Ancient
HP: 95,000
TYPE: Undead/Reptile (weak to knives, katars, swords, and katanas)
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESSES: Fire, Light
SKILLS: Uses mainly Fire and Darkness attacks, as well as physical attacks. Occasionally uses Shadow of Death, so be careful (Rose Pendant accessory wards off death spells; you can find a couple behind the locked doors in the Cave of Destiny using the Skeleton Keys you find; Erin came with one, as well).
Equip yourself appropriately, for either all-out offense or defense/resistance to the types of skills the Ancient uses.

When you defeat the Ancient, you'll get the Rosetta Keystone. Use the Land Drum to escape the cave, then go back in and take the warp to the midpoint. Head back down to the junction and go left this time.

Now, here are the directions I gave to Guppy:
Spoiler: show
B12-L: This area is a little long and loopy, but there aren't any branching paths.
B13-L: A maze of trees. Watch out for the random encounters with Lemurs. It's easy to get lost here, so I made a map for you: http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... c8dbe2.png. The Vampire Fang is an accessory that increases the amount of HP absorbed by draining skills (learned by Karma and Pica). If you don't use those characters or if you don't bother with draining skills, don't feel compelled to get it; you'll just be asking for more Lemur encounters, which could be deadly.
B14-La: Proceed normally. Note that you're walking below a web, so your visibility may be impaired a bit.
B15-La: Not a complicated floor. There's a secret passage through the wall in the upper-left that lets you reach the enemy on the ledge. It can remove characters from your party, so watch out (just get them back in your party with the Party Ball after the battle); if you defeat it, you'll win a Neo Tonic.
B14-Lb: This time you're walking on top of the web. Make your way to the end, watching out for all the enemies.
B15-Lb: Hit the warp to make things easier, then take the passage to the right on B15-Lb. Beyond is the door that you need the Rosetta Keystone to unlock.

Of course, I also encourage you to explore on your own and see what items/equipment you can find. These are only the most basic instructions to get through the Cave of Destiny.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 am

Thank you very much Jeremy. Found the rosetta stone.
But where will I find the Black Diamond?
Off to do battle with the Guardian now. Wish me luck. ;)
gaby5516
Bard

Postby briony » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:53 am

Jeremyz- got as far as the mines with the carts - could not do the loop or jumps but Acashpat was good enough to do that part for me -so I will now move on with the game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers