Heroes of Legionwood

Heroes of Legionwood

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:31 pm

HEROES OF LEGIONWOOD

$6.99 only!!!

Image Image

This game is the sequel to Legionwood 2:
http://www.aldorlea.org/legionwood2.php

Heroes of Legionwood: Age of Darkness is the first of three episodes in a series, but it can also be marketed as a stand-alone game, containing roughly 10 hours of gameplay on its own.

SUMMARY:

Heroes of Legionwood: Age of Darkness is a classical style fantasy RPG set in a world on the brink of annihilation. It is the first exciting installment in the brand new Heroes of Legionwood saga.

It has been 100 years since the world ended. Human civilization has been devastated by a malevolent force known only as the Darkness and only the last remnants of humanity remain. Playing the role of Locke, a young adventurer determined to save his people, you'll discover a world where your choices have consequences and every victory comes with a price. Can you stop the Darkness, or will you perish along with the rest of society, never to be heard from again?

FEATURES:

10 hours of non-linear RPG gameplay.
Turn based combat with three different difficulty levels.
Dynamic companions who react to your decisions.
Branching choices with far reaching consequences.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby Scorpios » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Doesn't appear to be anyway to use mouse control. It didn't work for a bit then it stopped
Beware the Scorpion Sting!
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:34 am

Hi there.

Are you playing in full screen mode? Sometimes, the cursor will become detached from the game window. You should be able to just press F5 to go into windowed mode, lock the cursor to the window again and press F5 to go back into full screen mode.

This seems to happen more on some people's systems than others, for some reason. I'm currently gathering more information about who exactly it affects so that I can fix it.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby blootooth » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:55 pm

I clearly have collected 7 Hannelores but my inventory continues to indicate only 1.
Considering the high value of this particular item, I have to say this is a huge bug.
Will the game developer kindly look into correcting this asap please? Thanks.
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:43 am

blootooth wrote:I clearly have collected 7 Hannelores but my inventory continues to indicate only 1.
Considering the high value of this particular item, I have to say this is a huge bug.
Will the game developer kindly look into correcting this asap please? Thanks.

The same thing is happening to me. I only had the Hannelores show up once in my items. All the others I found do not show up.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby passerine » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:50 am

I'm liking the game, it's challenging.

I'm in canopy town and did the quest for the huntress. Then I asked the inn keeper for a job. He wants me to get wine from a merchant in canopy town. There is no merchant with wine?

eta I only have one hannelore in my inventory too.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:14 am

Hi everyone.

To those experiencing the bug with the Hannelores: I had a look at the random world map encounters and it's definitely not working as intended. It's an easy fix and I'll correct it very soon.

@passerine: The merchant is actually in Colony Town. Don't worry too much about going back there yet - after you get the Dynastland Gem you'll be sent back there as part of the story, which is a good opportunity to confront the merchant.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby blootooth » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:08 am

@Dark Gaia

1. What is the difference between the 2 choices of obtaining the Dynastland Gem from Morrow's Estate and the Arcane College?

2. In the Arcane College, in the area where the Gem is located, there is a center passage leading up north. My party cannot go up even when the traps are down. Bug?! Hence, no way to obtain the third number from the headmaster's hand to release the traps to get the Gem?!
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby blootooth » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:39 pm

@Dark Gaia

3. In the Hellfire Cavern, after going down 2 short flights of stairs to an area with many rocks, the only way forward is to the left. However, the rocks are placed such that you must end up having to push the movable one towards a dead end. Then it is game prematurely over. Am I mistaken?
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi there! Great timing - I just got around to fixing both of these bugs, which actually only got into the game recently, when I accidentally updated the game using older files from before bug-testing.

The good news is that it's an easy fix: please download the 13mb patch at the following link and apply it to your game.

http://www.darkgaiastudios.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13194910-heroes-of-legionwood-patch-1-1?next=

Regarding the two different ways to get the Dynastland Gem, aside from the obvious difference of going through a different dungeon with a different boss, you'll also get different consequences later in the game and in future installments of the game. You'll just have to wait and see what they are!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby blootooth » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:30 pm

@Dark Gaia

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately, for me, the frustration continues. I downloaded and applied the patch, but this is what I encountered:
"This program cannot update the installed version of Heroes of Legionwood because of the following reason:
The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update."

So I went one level down to the Bin directory, and encountered this:
"This program cannot update the installed version of Heroes of Legionwood because of the following reason:
C:\Games\Heroes of Legionwood\Bin\Game.rgss3a: unknown version."

(I installed the game at the default directory C:\Games\Heroes of Legionwood. Version is 1.1)

What gives, my friend?
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby passerine » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Dark Gaia wrote: snip

@passerine: The merchant is actually in Colony Town. Don't worry too much about going back there yet - after you get the Dynastland Gem you'll be sent back there as part of the story, which is a good opportunity to confront the merchant.

Thanks I didn't pay enough attention to instructions. Did find it weird quest would be in same town. +::whistle
------------------------

The update won't update for me, it says:

This program cannot update the installed version of H of l.

The destintion doesn't contain files to update.

----

Bought game June 3rd.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:47 pm

I purchased the game on 6-3-2015 and download the patch you posted here and I also get this:

This program cannot update the installed version of H of l.

The destintion doesn't contain files to update.

Also this happens to me too: In the Arcane College, in the area where the Gem is located, there is a center passage leading up north. My party cannot go up even when the traps are down.

Right now I do not know what to do in the game, I am in Canopy Town just wandering around.

I have version 1.0.0
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:30 am

Hi all.

The patch seems to be having some issues. For some people it's working fine, while others are experiencing errors.

There is still a way to get the fix, though. All you need to do is uninstall the game, re-download it from the link in your purchase email (if this has expired, PM me to get a new one) and re-install it. Your save files aren't stored in the game's directory - they won't be deleted when you uninstall the game because they're actually inside their own special directory in your User/AppData folder (this is so they can be detected and imported by future episodes of the game).

@bluerose: Once you complete the above process, you'll be able to continue. That trap is bugged due to an erroneous update a day after the game's release which accidentally replaced the map with an older (broken) version.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:28 am

@Dark Gaia I pm you for a new password for the game. It is just sitting in my outbox, (not sure if it will send you the pm or not) could you Please send me the new download so I can play the game? If possible could you pm me the information?

Thanks
Bluerose
Mercenary

Next

Return to Games from other Developers