Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Bareta doesn't offer grandiose box either

Bareta doesn't offer grandiose box either

Postby darkange » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:00 pm

The walkthrough is lying .... again. Baretta doesn't have offer no grandiose box at all ... I bought fighting machine ... i exited and entered multiple times ... I even equiped the luck ring .... nothing.

Is this also related to the fact that if you missed one item before this she doesn't offer you the box at all ? Like it hapens with the X-drill ?

By the way .... this is fucked up Indy .... you make people buy everything from Baretta shop just to reach to the X-drill weapon .... and I red that it is used in arena a lot of multiple characters. I also found out about this after I missed one or 2 items max from Baretta because I found them useless at that time .... and now I won't get the X-drill unless I start over from LF1 all over again .... this is not cool at all ... hidding items like that just to make people play all over again because probably it will take ages to finish arena with Daryl without the X-drill or other characters who need it.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Re: Bareta doesn't offer grandiose box either

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:01 pm

The walkthrough doesn't lie at all. I never had problems getting all the items from Baretta. You just really need to get there at certain times. Whenever you proceed in the main quest, Baretta's stock will change.
LF generally is full of stuff you can miss. That's why, even after several playthroughs, I never play this game without the walkthrough, and it's reliable. Maybe you didn't choose the exact right times to visit her shop. +::Dunno
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Stuff like X-Drill is a reward from Baretta for being a continuous shopper. Plus, it is optional content, and so is the Arena. Doing it without X-Drill is although harder, very possible. So IMO it isn't fucked up, it is fair. If you don't help Baretta, she doesn't offer you items.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby darkange » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:49 pm

dude ... it is fucked up because first of all I did went right on the time that the walkthrough said an boom NO BOX at all . I checked several times. I am not an idiot.

Second of all it is fucked up because how was I supposed to know that you don't get the x-drill if you don't buy all the items on time .... I missed one of two items because I literally found them useless at that time on any character I had. SO because they were useless I didn't bought them. OF course you can argue and say : " I should have tought : maybe I need them later " .... yes but I had so many items and the inventory keeps getting bigger and bigger that it's a total pain the ass to just search through the items and find something sometimes.
ALso the walkthroughs never mention " Hey dude ... if you don't buy everything from Baretta you won't get the X-drill " ... I only found out about that after I red on forums it existed and searched how to get it.

You say the arena is optional .... let's be real. Who plays an awesome game like Laxius force and doesn't botter to get the big prize in the arena ? Unless you already played before and you already know what the prize is ... then that's something else.... but this is my first time playing laxius force series .... so of course I want to see what the big prize is . I am a real RPG explorer .... not just let's find out what the story is .... not do sidequest and never play again lol.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:00 pm

I am at the point where Baretta should offer you all kinds of things if you exit and get back plus the X-drill which I know I won't get because I didn't bought everything .... but it gets even worse then this : now she doesn't offer magumahar swords either. Last thing she offered was Sanctum Words .... then I went back and forth like the walkthrough said for the javelins and swords and she just says she is tired now and doesn't have anything else. Went back and forth several times .... same dialogue... nothing. This Baretta is one mean bitch with me lol.

Secondary question : do you get any other benefit of buying the manor at 200k early apart from the Art guild oferring you 10k or something like that for displaying art in your manor ? I kept visiting my manor whenever I am in Adretana and altough I rescued all the people earlier exactly when the walkthrough pointed out I meet them ... they don't appear in the manor. The manor is almost empty and it is like that in like forever.

Also I searched the walkthrough for the word : " manor " and I found nothing new .... only something about Iron manor in chapter 13.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Dude, the walkthrough isn't perfect, it already says when Baretta offers you everything, and what she offers you, and to me it offered everything because I bought everything. You never have to buy anything from her, but don't complain when she doesn't offer you what you want when you don't fully support her.

And yes, I try to put my characters through the arena everytime I play, but that still makes it optional. I bet there are some people who played who hasn't even realized the existence of an arena. Plus, if you were a real RPG explorer, you would have bought every item, because you never know when you might need them.

And the Magumahar Swords and Aguanathar Javelins are, like the Baretta X-Drill, rewards for supporting her always. Real simple really. Shame you missed them, coz they have like 800+ attack.

And about the Manor, I think Indy was gonna do something more with it, but he forgot, or didn't have time to... I don't know.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby darkange » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:53 pm

ok .... I just said that I didn't bought everything because the inventory was getting too big ... it laggs and it takes forever to find an item when you scroll down.

I don't know about you .... but it is extremely frustrating for me to search 10 minutes for an item in the inventory because it's too big ... so I had to sell something before I loose my sanity.

I played RPGs before where I bought everything but hey.... the inventory was decent.... not insanely big.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Well ... that's just what LF is. BIG. So is the inventory. But there's a lot of stuff you can sell, rather than not buying the new stuff.
As for the manor, as Loof said, there's no real purpose other than saving the people, and I guess there's a woman there selling something. Not sure though, I hardly ever bothered visiting it in my last playthroughs.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

You can also use Page Up and Page Down keys. Speeds up looking through the inventory.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby darkange » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 pm

omg .... page up and page down works .... Thanks loof .... this is much better now.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby loof123 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:02 pm

darkange wrote:omg .... page up and page down works .... Thanks loof .... this is much better now.

You are welcome :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions