Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 am

Katie wrote:Hi

O.k. So I need to some type of items to get to the ruins thru the forest. So what am I suppose to do in the meantime? I tried to go south and the kids keep saying I can't go that way that I need to go to the ruins for Alicia's quest. There are some caves to the East next to Alicia's but those monsters are to powerful. So I am totally lost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Katie!
It seems like we confused you a bit in this thread. If you find the monsters from Alicia's quest too powerful (you are level 9 to 10), you must NOT be able to go the Forgotten Forest. Send us an e-mail writing what Jonathan says when you open the Jonathan's Journal key item, so that we can help you. Otherwise, too many things will get mixed up in this thread.
We're waiting for your e-mail! +::Thumbup
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby jincyk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:16 pm

So far my only problem is the lack of contrast in the menu screen. I wish there were an option to change the color (or brightness) of the bar that selects something (equip, skill, etc.).
jincyk
Explorer

Postby liza » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Spoiler: show
1. You can't have Prometheus Chains, if you are at the end. You are correct it was. It was Persephones. Where do I get Prometheus Chains?
2. Which one? I got both just did not realize it.
3. The code is written on the Merciful Dagger. Had this also.

Thanks
liza
Wanderer

Gibbi

Postby jincyk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Hint for whereabouts of Gibbi's granddaughter? I'm about to give up.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby dad33 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

I am at level 21 after 21 hours of game play. It seems like I will not be able to do the final part of this game, the forgotten forest, because I do not have the knife?
dad33
Wanderer

Postby liza » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:29 pm

dad33 wrote:I am at level 21 after 21 hours of game play. It seems like I will not be able to do the final part of this game, the forgotten forest, because I do not have the knife?

You do not need the knife to enter the forgotten forest, that is for a sidequest.

You need to have the:

Cursed Book
liza
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Hello everyone. As I previously said, if you have questions about the flow of the game or want suggestions, send us an e-mail. It's very difficult to answer to everyone and many people reading the thread will get confused.

@liza
The Prometheus Chains are only available to you after you defeat the bandit leader Augustus. The story requests you to give the chains to Sheila. That means, that if you can enter Karydos, you don't have access to that item anymore and thus, the Otherworld Gate demanding the Prometheus Chains will remain closed on this playthrough.

EDIT: Thank you for answering to people, too!

@jincyk
Gibbi's granddaughter is Theodora. Go out of his cottage and you will be able to see a cave in the mountains. Go in. At the end of the dungeon, you will find her.

@dad33
There is no need for any knife to complete the story. You will need a specific "key", which will be given to you anyways and you cannot lose it. The game is ALWAYS beatable.
By the way, you are at the level cap. Level 21 is the max.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby jincyk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:49 pm

I've been through the dungeons (3 caves on the mountainside) multiple times and have killed everything, and I have yet to find Theodora. (Killed 2 minotaurs.) Can you give me a hint about which cave she's in?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 pm

jincyk wrote:I've been through the dungeons (3 caves on the mountainside) multiple times and have killed everything, and I have yet to find Theodora. (Killed 2 minotaurs.) Can you give me a hint about which cave she's in?

About Gibbi's Quest, finding his granddaughter: (this is an optional quest from the camp's pub)
Enter the second cave on the mountainside. You will now be in The Dark Caves. Go up and left to a new room. In the new room, go down left and enter the central cave. Go down the vines. You will be in a new area, again. Go down the vines again. Straight up is Theodora. Take your time and explore, because there's a mini-boss.

If you need any more assistance, send an e-mail, so that we can attach screenshots and understand your issues better.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:22 pm

For everyone that experienced performace issues in the demo (battle, navigation, puzzle solving etc), I was just informed that the new demo build is available for download! Remember not to use the menu too much, if you are playing on an old laptop!

What was fixed:
*Monsters were recolored to be better processed from the system.
*All animations were recolored, in order to be better loaded.
*Implemented cache manager, so that you will not get lags if you play more than 30minutes.
*Redid the puzzle, since some people experienced problems with occasional freezes in that room.
*Removed the Poisoned Blade from Cyrus' skills. It didn't have a good animation and damage formula.
*All monsters are a bit more powerful, to be closer to the difficulty of the core game.
*Fixed two spelling mistakes.
*Fixed an icon misplace.
Thanks to everyone who pointed out misspells and/or other problems!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:31 pm

While I am enjoying the format of the game, I'm getting a little frustrated, that game keeps shutting down on me too.
I also have to shut it down myself a lot, because it starts to lag so bad.
I understand , the game was not very expensive. So I'm inclined to put up with it to a point.
I have already done the compatibility troubleshooting. This did not seem to help.
But I really DO enjoy the storyline and such.
gaby5516
Bard

I am lost

Postby Nyx » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Jonathan's Diary tells me to go southwest to Chaac's Mountain.
I enter but need a way to light it up? HELPPPPPPP !!!!!!!

TY +:oops:

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 pm

gaby5516 wrote:While I am enjoying the format of the game, I'm getting a little frustrated, that game keeps shutting down on me too.
I also have to shut it down myself a lot, because it starts to lag so bad.
I understand , the game was not very expensive. So I'm inclined to put up with it to a point.
I have already done the compatibility troubleshooting. This did not seem to help.
But I really DO enjoy the storyline and such.

Hello, if you are having problems with the performance of the game, update to the latest version (currently 1.5.0). I have posted guidelines on how to update correctly some pages before on this thread. Furthermore consider not to open and close the menu more that 10 times per map if you have low RAM. Please, check your RAM usage while playing. The lagging/shutting down has been majorly fixed.

@Nyx send us an e-mail, please. Either you are entering a wrong cave or you encountered a bug. Either way, we will clarify what's going on. To enter Chaac's Cave, you need to enter the portalm not the small cavern. EDIT: Solved by email.

ATTENTION:
1) In the Long-lost Caves level, you are supposed to interact with the crystals after defeating each boss. use the keyboard for that, if you please.
2) There is a problem with counselor Madae and Jonathan's Diary. We will release a FREE STORY QUEST small guide (14 pages) for everyone and the game will be updated again, soon. Keep in mind, only some people encountered this bug with counselor Madae, so you may not even need the update.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Hello everyone!
Get your free story questline guide from dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69wsk5bl2w80xts/FreeStoryGuide%20-%20The%20Deal.pdf?dl=0

This is a PDF file for you to download and save freely. You can redistribute it and even print it. If you're going to print it, then keep in mind that on page 15 we have included a screenshot with a lot of colors.

Why make this guide? There were a couple of people that had a problem with Jonathan's Diary, where it would bug out and not display correct information, plus some people wanted more clarifications.

Enjoy!

PS: The updated version of the game that will solve Counsleor Madae's bug will most likely come the day after tomorrow. If you bought the game recently or you are not at that stage of the game, when you land on the Unknown Grotto (a small cavern), do NOT reenter.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Finished

Postby Scorpios » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:31 am

Finally finished +::YAY what I consider a very good game. Sure there where a few glitches, but with Orfeas Niks help +::sos it turned out to be one H of a game.
Looking forward to more from this Dev
Beware the Scorpion Sting!
Scorpios
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers