Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Making my game

Making my game

Postby shezmaddi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:02 am

Hello peoples.I am thinking of making a new game.I love the style Ellas Hope was donr in. Eridani,could you possibly tell me what program you used to make that gorgeous game?

" All this talk of blood and slaying has put me off my tea. "

shezmaddi
Peasant

Re: Making my game

Postby chrome » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 am

Great Shez! :) Can you tell what is the tragedy? +::biggrin The girl Alice is adopted and she want to find her real parents? +::lol
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby shezmaddi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Here is the intro, hope you like it! +::heart You'll just have to wait sHint: It contains a dark night and kidnapping. +::shhhh

Mangy long lost years ago, the universe was created. The instrument of its creation was the Song of Aira. The Song was
all oflife, and all the beggining. The Song had no end, and life grew and never faded or died. \Then came The Unraveller.
It was a spirit of malice that had somehow woven itself into the song. Their intelligence and wisdom dulled by the peace of the Song, the Lailaians, the Firstmade, were powerless to oppose the Unraveller. Darkness and death and sickness came into the world, the Song sealed away in the Unravellers shrouded fortress. It seemed like the end...

Until, late on a night like any other
In the village of Marial
Comes Alice...

shezmaddi
Peasant

Postby Stitch » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:26 pm

oooh... sounds very mysterious. I'm intrigued. :)

"Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
-George Carlin
Stitch
Ranger

Postby chrome » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 pm

I agree with stitch! I like it :)
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

You have us curious and wanting more +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby shezmaddi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am

Aw I feel special now. I will update as I go, but I need reccomendations on rpg makers!

shezmaddi
Peasant

Postby chrome » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 pm

shezmaddi wrote:Aw I feel special now. I will update as I go, but I need reccomendations on rpg makers!

Really sorry shez! But I don't have any knowledge of this. Maybe Alika or Stitch could help +::Dunno There are other members here that are making their own rpg games as well. Maybe you would want to ask them +::Dunno :)
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby jyarceus1993 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Do I hear a Distress call?

Is that a plane?Is that a bird?Is that an UFO?....NO..ITS....JYARCEUS1993 +::biggrin I'd be glad to help you out,shez :)...But I'm a little busy with my own game ^__^'
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

La shai'a waqi'on motlaq bal kollon momken-Altair
jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby chrome » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

See? Our humble dark knight is offering his help! :) That's kind of you jya! :) Please finish the game though! I want to play it! +::biggrin
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 am

sorry shez, wish I could help, but I'm just a player of the games instead of a maker of the games +::biggrin and yours is intriguing +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby shezmaddi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am

Oh wells, I'll look around. Here are the characters info!

Alice Nightingale- A young girl with a joy for life. She fights the Darkness to save the living beauty in the land. She uses plant magic, able to turn the very Earth against her opponents.

Timothy Valeshine- A trickster of the land of Eiren, Timothy is the sort of guy with no regrets and no strings. However, he takes an intrest in Alice and joins her in her quest. He is a master swordsman, and is usually seen in a top hat and gentlemas clothes.

Those are just the first two. There are 5 more to play.

shezmaddi
Peasant

Postby chrome » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Wow! Great shez! I'm more interested now! :) +::clap Btw how old is Alice and Timothy? :)
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Thaumaturgist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 am

Sup, a troll reporting in

Have in mind few "alternative" sites at which you can find resources:
- deviantart - g (well, duh)
- imageshack - g (people attend to upload in here too)
- photobucket - g (I kinda hate this site, but still worth it)
- findsounds - s (it is still operational, ever since the first laxius games were born)
- youtube - s (YES, youtube. You just need a downloader and external editor)
- hamienet - m (it is like a heaven for me)

g - graphics
s - sounds
m - music

Also, concentrate on your story, write down a scenario on a text file with the main points of the story. Until then, do not even attempt to start making anything at all. Have in mind what you would be capable of making, so don't write anything impossible to make after. Write ONLY the points of the story, which are critical for it. When you are done, start writing it again, giving more details with which to connect each point. When you start to actually make the game, you will be free of making adjustments, additions and other changes.
Very important thing - make the characters ALIVE and UNIQUE. And I don't mean different stats, spells and equipment. Add emotions as well (fear, sadness, love, anger, envy). Make something with which they would be remembered with, not just the next wanna-be yahoos, wandering around, not caring about their heads.
Btw, personal opinion - Alice is very overused name. Alice here, Alice there, Alice again and again and, arghhh, enough with the Alices already. Make up your own names. Something unique, not hard to remember. You can even use google to see how rare the names you think up are.

Make a crappy game and you'll regret that I showered you with this valuable wisdom +::biggrin
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby shezmaddi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:35 pm

Im moving this to the newsection for game making.Im keeping my Alice, because she is Alice. An Alice is always an Alice and
is her Alice. +::heart

shezmaddi
Peasant

Next

Return to Your Homemade Games