Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quest Saga I

Quest Saga I

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:11 am

Download Link of the demo:
Note: Don't skip the tutorial as it causes a bug... just bear the tutorial till
I release a fix...
And yes, there are no sound effects in the game...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7zdar5b1ueuqa6c

Font Patch (If you don't have it already): http://crankeye.com/downloads/rm2k_fp.exe

Spoiler: show
Well... I was planning to make a thread here about my under development game and here it is.

Story:
It's a story about a boy, Alex. He wants to be a Quest Master as soon he finishes the ritual which a person has to undergo as soon as they are turning 16. His father is resisting; saying that it is a very dangerous occupation. Follow him and his friend, Brian as they undergo what they thought was heaven but which in reality was hell.

More details and screen shots later. Character bios too.

Thanks.

First Update:

QUEST SAGA I

Some screenshots:

-> Working Title(Will be changed as soon as I get some time or a artist):

Now, some screenshot of the best written summary by me. The following screenshots contains the starting screen of the game and points out to everything on which my game is based.

For people who have slow Internet connections, click on the second spoile tag, it contains the wording.

-> Summary in screenshots:

-> Summary in Words:

Have you ever wondered, what life is?
Have you ever believed in destinies?

What if our destinies are entwined with each other from the start?

What if the saga of our life is already written? And we are just following the plot.

What if, every step you take toward heaven, bring you closer to hell?
What if, your life becomes a quest?

Let me know what you think about the best ever written summary by me. Won't you? Please!

-> Now some screenshots:

1) Tutorial:

2) Tutorial 2:

3) ??? Forest:

4) ???

5) ??? 2

Image[/URL]

6) ??? Cave

############
#Following screenshots does not contain added pictures, which gives the extra effects. They will be shown to you in coming updates.
############

Some information about the universe in which 'Quest Saga I' takes place:

World: Ariah

Classes inheriting the planet: Humans, Elves, Dwarfes, Dragons, Goblins and Hycainth being the most prominent ones. Many species more viscous than these exists, but are only found in certain areas.

#More information in the coming updates.

[u[Gods and Godesses[/u]: The occupants of Ariah does not believe much in Gods, although they have their religions they follow.

Flora and Fauna: Ariah is a very beautiful planet to normal eyes and why shouldn't be it. Flowers of every colour, smell and shape exist here and so thus adorable and cuddly animals. But one should know a fact, for every one lovely thing, there are at least ten deadly things. It's not that Ariah is a hostile planet, its just that the planet is very big, around 11 times bigger than earth and only ten percent of the planet is innhabitated, the other ninety percent being homed by wild creatures.

Power: #Information in the coming updates.

Now time for some bios:

-> Alex Zion:

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 65 kg.

Introduction: A pleasant teenager harbouring a dream of becoming a Quest Master. He lives in the peaceful sub-city situated in the Vulara region, called Croyka. He is a only son to his parents. His father is a well respected man in the region and he wants his son to follow in his footsteps, by taking over the family business.
He is now living with his best friend, Brian Rocks, in a shack situated in the outskirts of Vulara forest. They are going through the tradition of their world which a person is supposed to go through as soon as they near the age of 16.

Weapon: Sword.

Basic Element: Wind.

Second Element: Thunder.

-> Brian Rocks:

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 72 kg.

Introduction: A hot tempered teenager harbouring a dream of becoming a Quest Master like his Best friend Alex. He lives in the sub-city. Cryoka as Alex. His father is the richest man in the region, only challenged by Alex father. Both of the family are on very good term. Like Alex, he too is the only son of his parents.

Basic Element: Fire.

Second Element: Earth.

More character bios will be given later.

For RGPXP lovers, a screenshot. Sorry, if it seems unpolished and all that, I haven't have too much time with RPGXP during the past days.

I will add more screenshots as I continue to make more maps. But frankly, it will be slower than RPG2K one. Making maps in RPGXP, according to me, is very tough.

A request: If anyone here knows the art of converting standard pictures in RPG2K acceptable format and knows how to make the unwanted colour transparent, please PM me or post it here, because in all honesty, I suck at it, big times. So, please!!!!!!!!!!!! help this poor lad. You will be properly credited, I swear.

And if anyone here is intrested in being the beta testor, please let me know. I don't want to re-make most of my maps again because of my fits of rage.

And also, I want someone who can add some music to my game. Apparently I have a speaker curse because my speaker leave my side in less than four weeks and now I refuse to burn my money in purchasing a speaker. I have to save it to purchase LFIII.

And if you have an eye for good graphic, please help me.

And if you have any talent, except in writing (I don't like editors and co-writers), please let me know.b I can always use extra help, seeing that I suck in pretty much everything.

(#Such hypocripitical words seeing that I myself am editing a game.)

*Reads what have been written*

+::O_o

Err... so anyway, thanks for visiting my game thread.

Expected Date for the Demo release: One or two week after my Semester has finished. Meaning last week of December.

Expected contents in the Demo: Around hundred maps, some not-to-disclosed-now systems and three or four characters; all of this combined with good content and gameplay, I hope.

Thank you again.

Credit

To myself, of course.

To Aldorlea Forum management: For providing me a space for posting my game details.

To Laxius Games Forum management: For providing me a space for posting my game details.

To jyarceus1993{jya}: For being a friend.

To Alikamou, bodeia, jyarceus1993: For giving me hope and telling me that I do not suck.

To titaness: For showing trust in me (or precisely in my writing).

To AryaAliceLuna(non-Aldorlean member/FanFiction member); For showing great intreset in my game.

To you: For giving this post a time to read.

To the reviewer: For reviewing.

P.S.: Why am I giving credits here? Have I gone lunatic or something? I suppose I have, seeing that I am gibbering to myself. I would have to delete it, eventually...

Second Update:

Finally... planning to release...
Last edited by DragoonHP on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Re: Quest Saga I

Postby jyarceus1993 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:17 am

I'm waiting for the SSCS AND THE BIOS,DHP!! +::biggrin +::biggrin +::clap
Maybe I should post a bit about my game as well +::biggrin

La shai'a waqi'on motlaq bal kollon momken-Altair
jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 am

Well next Saturday, seeing that only my Saturdays i free, which will stop after two weeks because then I will be bucking up for my sessionals.
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby jyarceus1993 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 am

Same here :( But make sure you post the pics and bios when you get time +::biggrin

jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 am

I will although I am remaking the maps because I deleted them in my fits of rage.

I felt at that time that I should just kill myself. Now i have to remake 68 maps and just because I got pissed off because of some super annoying bugs.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby jyarceus1993 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 am

ARE YOU MAD? +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::biggrin Was it a problem with the switches or something? +::biggrin Did you use Self switches wrong? +::biggrin

jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:40 am

Guess... I will never know. and I was talking about the 2000 one. Only 4 maps have been done for the XP one.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby jyarceus1993 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 am

All the best +::biggrin +::Thumbup

jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby rifle100 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 am

wow dragoon! gr8 that u r making a game! :) best of luck! :)
Live Life King Size...!!!

Check it out here:
A Sirius Game is now available! It has rpg elements, sidequests, etc where you can sail with your ship across beautiful ocean and battle with pirates. Click here to download.
rifle100
Aldorlian Legend

Postby chrome » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 am

Good luck from me too! :) Great XD
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby loof123 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:07 pm

I thought you were making a game named I'M NOT A KILLER...
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby zheqianin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

glad to hear that you'll create your game +::YAY ...Good Luck dragoon +::clap
zheqianin
Bounty Hunter

Postby DragoonHP » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks zhe, loof, rifle and of course jya.

@loof: I'm creating it too but it is a VN not a RPG. Should I post a WIP link here too.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby DragoonHP » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

QUEST SAGA I

Some screenshots:

-> Working Title(Will be changed as soon as I get some time or a artist):

Now, some screenshot of the best written summary by me. The following screenshots contains the starting screen of the game and points out to everything on which my game is based.

For people who have slow Internet connections, click on the second spoile tag, it contains the wording.

-> Summary in screenshots:

-> Summary in Words:

Have you ever wondered, what life is?
Have you ever believed in destinies?

What if our destinies are entwined with each other from the start?

What if the saga of our life is already written? And we are just following the plot.

What if, every step you take toward heaven, bring you closer to hell?
What if, your life becomes a quest?

Let me know what you think about the best ever written summary by me. Won't you? Please!

-> Now some screenshots:

1) Tutorial:

2) Tutorial 2:

3) ??? Forest:

4) ???

5) ??? 2

Image[/URL]

6) ??? Cave

############
#Following screenshots does not contain added pictures, which gives the extra effects. They will be shown to you in coming updates.
############

Some information about the universe in which 'Quest Saga I' takes place:

World: Ariah

Classes inheriting the planet: Humans, Elves, Dwarfes, Dragons, Goblins and Hycainth being the most prominent ones. Many species more viscous than these exists, but are only found in certain areas.

[u[Gods and Godesses[/u]: The occupants of Ariah does not believe much in Gods, although they have their religions they follow.

Flora and Fauna: Ariah is a very beautiful planet to normal eyes and why shouldn't be it. Flowers of every colour, smell and shape exist here and so thus adorable and cuddly animals. But one should know a fact, for every one lovely thing, there are at least ten deadly things. It's not that Ariah is a hostile planet, its just that the planet is very big, around 11 times bigger than earth and only ten percent of the planet is innhabitated, the other ninety percent being homed by wild creatures.

Power: #Information in the coming updates.

Now time for some bios:

-> Alex Zion:

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 65 kg.

Introduction: A pleasant teenager harbouring a dream of becoming a Quest Master. He lives in the peaceful sub-city situated in the Vulara region, called Croyka. He is a only son to his parents. His father is a well respected man in the region and he wants his son to follow in his footsteps, by taking over the family business.
He is now living with his best friend, Brian Rocks, in a shack situated in the outskirts of Vulara forest. They are going through the tradition of their world which a person is supposed to go through as soon as they near the age of 16.

Basic Element: Wind.

Second Element: Thunder.

-> Brian Rocks:

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 72 kg.

Introduction: A hot tempered teenager harbouring a dream of becoming a Quest Master like his Best friend Alex. He lives in the sub-city. Cryoka as Alex. His father is the richest man in the region, only challenged by Alex father. Both of the family are on very good term. Like Alex, he too is the only son of his parents.

Basic Element: Fire.

Second Element: Earth.

More character bios will be given later.

For RGPXP lovers, a screenshot. Sorry, if it seems unpolished and all that, I haven't have too much time with RPGXP during the past days.

I will add more screenshots as I continue to make more maps. But frankly, it will be slower than RPG2K one. Making maps in RPGXP, according to me, is very tough.

A request: If anyone here knows the art of converting standard pictures in RPG2K acceptable format and knows how to make the unwanted colour transparent, please PM me or post it here, because in all honesty, I suck at it, big times. So, please!!!!!!!!!!!! help this poor lad. You will be properly credited, I swear.

And if anyone here is intrested in being the beta testor, please let me know. I don't want to re-make most of my maps again because of my fits of rage.

And also, I want someone who can add some music to my game. Apparently I have a speaker curse because my speaker leave my side in less than four weeks and now I refuse to burn my money in purchasing a speaker. I have to save it to purchase LFIII.

And if you have an eye for good graphic, please help me.

And if you have any talent, except in writing (I don't like editors and co-writers), please let me know.b I can always use extra help, seeing that I suck in pretty much everything.

(#Such hypocripitical words seeing that I myself am editing a game.)

*Reads what have been written*

+::O_o

Err... so anyway, thanks for visiting my game thread.

Expected Date for the Demo release: One or two week after my Semester has finished. Meaning last week of December.

Expected contents in the Demo: Around hundred maps, some not-to-disclosed-now systems and three or four characters; all of this combined with good content and gameplay, I hope.

Thank you again.

Credit

To myself, of course.

To Aldorlea Forum management: For providing me a space for posting my game details.

To Laxius Games Forum management: For providing me a space for posting my game details.

To jyarceus1993{jya}: For being a friend.

To Alikamou, bodeia, jyarceus1993: For giving me hope and telling me that I do not suck.

To titaness: For showing trust in me (or precisely in my writing).

To AryaAliceLuna(non-Aldorlean member/FanFiction member); For showing great intreset in my game.

To you: For giving this post a time to read.

To the reviewer: For reviewing.

P.S.: Why am I giving credits here? Have I gone lunatic or something? I suppose I have, seeing that I am gibbering to myself. I would have to delete it, eventually...

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby loof123 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Of course you should. It's a game after all. Azure posted her games too. :)
And I think you should edit your first post and post updates there.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Next

Return to Your Homemade Games