Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Legionwood - Tale Of The Two Swords

Re: Legionwood - Tale Of The Two Swords

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:12 am

Well... Head into the keep and complete the dungeon. Or, if you've already done that, get on your ship and sail to the northern (icy) continent and complete the quest in the Chilled Cavern.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Aggeliki » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am

thank you, how silly of me! +:oops:
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 am

That's okay... I should get around to writing up a walkthrough soon.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Aggeliki » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:27 pm

yeah it ll make the 2nd playthrough more relaxing +::biggrin
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby AuntIggy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 pm

After I talk with Alexis in Port Charn the game shuts down and I get the following message:

Unable to find Audio/BGM/BR - Adventure

I have downloaded the game twice and still get the same message. Please help as I am really enjoying this game. :)
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:22 am

hi Dark Gaia! have you fix the droplet bug? oh please do.. +::cry +::heart
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Dark Gaia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:29 am

I've fixed all the reported bugs so far. Just redownload and you'll find them working.

Also...

Announcing Legionwood Build 5!

I'm currently working on a "director's cut" of sorts for Legionwood. See, while the currently released build (Build 4.1) is playable from start to finish, it's rather unpolished at the moment as I was mainly interested on getting the game functionally completed and released. Thus, Build 4 contains some annoying mapping errors, some niggling bugs and a lot of ellipses in the dialogue that I don't like. There is also a fair bit of content that was cut to get the game out on time.

Build 5 seeks to fix all of these things. It includes a full script rewrite, remapped areas, rebalanced battles and all the little bugs cleaned up. Ultimately it will be a more polished version of Build 4 but it is otherwise identical - if you currently have Build 4, you're fine as is and you won't have to download Build 5, which is aimed more towards new players.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:34 am

oh thanks so much!!! this game is beautiful and it made me changed my mind about mapping in VX games..they are lovely!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:37 am

hi again Dark Gaia! still the summons have some problems in battle ..droplet and shard, they dont function correctly.
apart from this, after the pirate mission where do i go? i cant set my foot to any of the eastern islands and the trevellian territory is blocked +:::| i know i missed the rift cause i didnt do all the quests before ch.4 but does this have anything to do with the main quest? please help +::surrender
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Dark Gaia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 am

The Rift is a sidequest... You can still complete the game.

The summons are fixed, but only if you start a new game, not if you ported a save file.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby AuntIggy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Either this is a game bug or I'm blind as a bat, but I'm stuck in Klaim. When I try to go north it won't let me. I've talked with everyone. I see no other way out. Help. +::sos I have the latest version.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby AuntIggy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am

twice now the game has hung up on me - meaning the characters go whatever direction they want as if an arrow key is stuck. Last night it happened as I entered the mine. Now again it did the same thing right after I entered the new area that opens with the three gems. And my arrow keys stop working. Last night only the left and up key worked. Tonight only the up key. :(
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 am

@AuntIggy: It seems to lag like that on some computers. I'm in the process of figuring out why.

Good news, Legionwood fans! The game's very first Expansion Pack is now under development, so get ready for even more adventure in the world of Legionwood.

Regarding the Expansion Pack

I'm thinking of doing it like this - after the game's ending, you'll get the choice (if you have the expansion installed) if you would like to play the expansion chapter. The expansion chapter takes place a few months following the ending. Storywise, it will involve the discovery of a new dungeon on the unreachable ice cap north of Rhasphodus, known as the Tower of Shadows which mysteriously appeared in the weeks following Castoth's defeat. A strange power has been surging forth from the tower, and many adventurers have died trying to discover its secret.
Although they went their seperate ways in the ending, Lann and the team regroup (aside from Liara obviously) to journey to the tower and climb it, trying to discover its purpose and its connection to themselves, Liara and Castoth.
The expansion pack will open up a few new areas. Obviously, the kingdom of Rhasphodus will be explorable, including the capital city, from which you will be able to charter a special ship to the northern ice cap. Most of the chapter will take place in the tower, which will be a huge dungeon with its own town included and multiple differently themed floors and bosses. Character specific trials will be in the tower which will delve into the backstories of the supporting players.
In addition, the expansion pack will add a few more sidequests that can be completed during the main game as well (before you fight Castoth) though these will not be related to the story (like the existing side quests) and the emphasis will be on the post game stuff. There will be a few new Techs, some new equipment and if you complete the side quests, a brand new summon.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 am

Hail, Legionwood fans!

I've now set up a Facebook page to support all my projects. If you want to help introduce Legionwood to the outside world, you can access the page from my sig.

Thanks for your ongoing support!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby RPGeez » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Hey Legionwood: Tale of Two swords now has four chapters and it is an excellent game to play.

I played for 40 hours and wanted more.

It is bug free and the creator made the monsters and bosses a whole lot harder to defeat.

It is fun and very challenging to play and it is freeware which in my opinion should be a commercial game for sure.

You can download it free from here.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/792/

Have fun +::O_o +::YAY
RPGeez
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Your Homemade Games