Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

One Night 2: The Beyond

One Night 2: The Beyond

Postby Dark Gaia » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 am

Dark Gaia Studios presents... A brand new free adventure game!

Introduction

The Beyond is a freeware survival horror/adventure game created with RPG Maker VX, publicly released on July 10th, 2009, over six months following the original One Night. It is a sequel to the game One Night, however the story and locations are unrelated to the previous game and this game serves as a stand alone game.
In One Night 2: The Beyond, you find yourself trapped in a "haunted" mansion known as The Beyond, and are soon under attack by a strange, and evil power. Using your brain and your reflexes, you must think and fight your way to safety, solving puzzles and defeating horrifying enemies to make your escape.
In order to escape the terror, you'll first need to understand the cause of the nightmare. Make sure you collect all the clues so that you can understand the fate that has befallen the mansion. But, be careful. You are always in danger, and it is easy to let the fear overwhelm you. Don't give in to the evil.

Story Outline

Mairstone Manor

Also known as The Beyond, this mansion was built in the early 1950's by renowned ex military general and historian Thomas Mairstone.
It is situated in the rural coal mining town of Black Valley in the isolated midwest. The entire town is isolated, being situated in a remote valley, and sorrounded by acres of dense forest. The locals fear The Beyond, and blame it for several disapearances of townspeople, including the mansion's owners, and bizarre phenomena that has been recently occuring in town.

Black Valley

An isolated midwestern mining town founded in the mid 1800's. The town's mining industry has been inactive since the 1920's due to the mines being closed for an undisclosed reason. Black Valley has a population of only 300, only a small fraction of the 1200 people it housed during the mining era.
Reportedly, Black Valley is a center for paranormal activity, with many bizarre incidents being reported each month.

Characters

Two playable characters are featured in The Beyond, each one playing in a different way and having their own unique reasons for being drawn into the mansion. Each character also has their own unique endings. To see all of the game's endings, you'll need to play through as both characters!

John Faraday

An ex police officer turned private detective. John has been hired to investigate the mysterious disapearance of a group of journalists conducting research on the mansion. John has decided to search for clues in the last place the group were known to have visited, and so heads for The Beyond itself.

Sara Wickson

A horror fiction writer seeking inspiration. It's been a while since Sara wrote a big top seller, so in order to gather material to write her next novel, Sara has decided to spend a night in the infamous mansion known as The Beyond.

Game Features

- True fear will take over as you explore the mansion, uncovering the many secrets it holds. Atmospheric graphics and sounds, combined with some genuine psychological engineering will make you feel the ultimate terror.
- A fantastic challenge awaits you, with fiendish puzzles to solve, horrifying enemies to defeat, and two different characters and four endings to experience.
- Streamlined systems such as a health indicator and custom item usage system help you keep track of notes, clues and items.
- Rivetting, tense combat, using the completely customized Decision Proximity Semi Active Battle system (DPSAB) which allows enemies to deal damage based on the direction they strike from, and allows actions performed outside of battle to affect your battle performance.

Screenshots

Download

You can download this game from the page here:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1144/

Mirror
Additionally, you can download One Night 2 from here:
http://www.filefront.com/16934675/One-Night-2-SEv3.2.exe/
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Re: One Night 2: The Beyond

Postby GrannyC » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 am

Much much too dark. +::cry
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:21 pm

GrannyC wrote:Much much too dark. +::cry

Horror game, don't you like it? +::biggrin

If is as good as the first one, Im sue I will play. ^^
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Alikamou » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:35 pm

She just means the coloring is dark and not able to see well 8) It does strain the vision for me a bit,too. but I'm going to try the first one to see +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 am

Yeah, it is a bit dark. But on a standard monitor that should be just enough to see. The point of it being that way is to increase the atmosphere.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby AuntIggy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:46 am

It's great for the atmoshere. +::Thumbup What they are trying to say is older people or people with problems with their eyes (like me) have a hard time distinguishing things when the screen is in dark colors. :)
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 am

Ahh... I understand. If you want, I can release a patch to increase the lighting a little? However, you can also increase the brightness on your monitor, that will make the game a bit more managable in the mean time.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Despero6 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:42 pm

hmm, interesting, must take notes
Despero6 - Usukuragari no Idaten ...
ImageImage

Despero6
DreamLord of Myst

Return to Your Homemade Games