Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dark Souls Gaiden

Dark Souls Gaiden

Postby ShadetheMystic » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:00 am

After a good talk with Del, I've decided to post this topic, gauge public reception to it, things like that.
It's an idea that came to me while I was editing Dark Souls 2, and I liked the idea well enough to expand the heck out of it into this. Let me know what you think.

And I'm going to be intentionally vague. Can't give away to much, can I?

Dark Souls Gaiden

Engine-RPG Maker Xp

Status- very early pre-production

Release-TBA

-"Gaiden-a Japanese word meaning "side story" or "tale", used to refer to an anecdote or supplementary biography of a person; commonly used in popular fiction to refer to a spin-off -canonical or otherwise- of a previously published work that is neither officially considered a sequel nor a prequel.
"

"For a thousand years, mankind has been under siege by the Anomaly threat. In almost every corner of the world, noble warriors and priests stand ready to defend the populace from the violence of these extradimensional monsters. However, on the distant and secluded island continent of Arjur, peace is so settled in, so solid, that the word Anomaly doesn't even exist. It is a land where Births are impossible, where Anomalies do not attack, where the war is forgotten.

But when a young courier rescues a strange girl from an even stranger woman possessed of inhuman power, he quickly learns that his land may no longer be the safehaven from beasts he didn't even know existed.

Someone has broken whatever laws of nature previously kept Anomalies out of Arjur. And what is more, someone is leading them into human towns, bringing destruction and chaos where ever they go. And whomever they are, the only thing certain about them is that they are a new type of enemy.

Now a land with no defense, no warriors or priests to defend the populace, stands as the first step in an invasion by a powerful and sinister new force. Can our young hero and his friends save their homeland, and the world beyond, or is this the beginning of the end for the human race?"

And for dessert, a little teaser pic, to pique your interest.

Spoiler: show
Last edited by ShadetheMystic on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven: You have us, Rowen...if you want, we'll be your family.
Rowen: Even the crazy man?
Homard: Especially the crazy man! Every girl needs a pet!

Mina: I like him. Reminds me of me Uncle Fred.
Simona: Is Uncle Fred senile, too?
Mina: No, but he thinks he is.
ShadetheMystic
Bard

Re: Dark Souls Gaiden

Postby D-Squall » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Commercial game? :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby ShadetheMystic » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 pm

D-Squall wrote:Commercial game? :)

Possibly, that's all I'll say. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up.
Raven: You have us, Rowen...if you want, we'll be your family.
Rowen: Even the crazy man?
Homard: Especially the crazy man! Every girl needs a pet!

Mina: I like him. Reminds me of me Uncle Fred.
Simona: Is Uncle Fred senile, too?
Mina: No, but he thinks he is.
ShadetheMystic
Bard

Postby Despero6 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 am

"Prepare to die..." +::biggrin
Despero6 - Usukuragari no Idaten ...
ImageImage

Despero6
DreamLord of Myst

Return to Your Homemade Games