Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Benjy's Sprites

Benjy's Sprites

Postby benjy96 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 am

You may use these in any RPG Maker 2000, 2003, XP, VX, or VX Ace project (commercial or free) as long as you give credit to Benjetta Games! RPG Developers.

(These are pre-formatted for RPG Maker VX, you may change the sizes/colour depth to use in the RM you are using. If you are new to VX and spriting, it is advised that you use the names that I give the files.)

computer.png
This is made to resemble the G5 Apple iMac.

!$computer.png
A generic flat-panel monitor with keyboard.

!$phone.png
Made to resemble the Apple iPhone.

!$television.png
Just a common television.

If you want to see them being used in a game, I have screenshots here:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/index.php? ... e-sprites/
Image My Neocities home page.
“He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows or judge all he sees.” Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Re: Benjy's Sprites

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:00 am

I liked most the last one, that television is cool.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby DragoonHP » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 am

Good work benjy... +::clap
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby benjy96 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks for the ego boost, guys. But I've gotten some rather poor reviews from the VX Ace forum.
“He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows or judge all he sees.” Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kylie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 am

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME BENJY.

I think you are doing a pretty good job... but I did notice a thing or two that could be changed. I am pretty new to spriting (Only found RMXP in September... not that I hadn't dabbled in sprites before that a tiny bit, just not much.) so I don't know that much about it yet but when I notice things I might as well try to help. :) I hope you don't mind.

So please don't kill me... I just thought I do a few minutes of work on one of your sprites. I think you need to do a little more dithering on your sprites. The outline is a little bit too dark in my opinion, too. Otherwise it is quite good.
Here is the edited sprite of the computer:

Spoiler: show
I hope you don't think I am a complete jerk with all the (hopefully constructive) criticism I've been giving you- especially since you did not really ask for any. I'm sorry if it bothers you- just let me know and I won't say anything more. :)
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

Postby benjy96 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I am not in the least bit offended. I thank you for your criticism. (Mostly, I thank you for not being a complete jerk about it)

And, Kylie... Murder is never a solution to anything. :razz:
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kylie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 am

benjy96 wrote:I am not in the least bit offended. I thank you for your criticism. (Mostly, I thank you for not being a complete jerk about it)

And, Kylie... Murder is never a solution to anything. :razz:

Heyheyhey.... why did Tinypic move my picture? THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. +::biggrin Unless you did something to it, in which case I have no problem with. :)

Okay, good.

But I'm not too sure you don't think murder is the solution to everything.... +::biggrin
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

Postby benjy96 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 am

Just because I laugh at animated homicide, you assume I'm some kind of murderer. Fine. I see how it is. +::cry
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kylie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:31 am

benjy96 wrote:Just because I laugh at animated homicide, you assume I'm some kind of murderer. Fine. I see how it is. +::cry

Benjy! Don't play innocent with me! I SAW YOU MURDERING PEOPLE LAST SATURDAY! +::biggrin
Kylie
Ranger

Postby benjy96 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 am

All witnesses must die! +::grrr
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kylie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 am

benjy96 wrote:All witnesses must die! +::grrr

I KNEW IT!!!

I'll have my sick and twisted sister protect me!!! +::biggrin
Kylie
Ranger

Return to Your Homemade Games