The Black Widow

The Black Widow

Postby benjy96 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:10 pm

The Black Widow
by Benjamin A.N. Calvert

Produced by: Benjetta Games! RPG Developers
Release Date: Spring 2013
Beta Testers: Erby, Uking94
Artists: Ravinwolf (http://ravinw0lf.deviantart.com/) and Benjetta96 (http://benjetta96.deviantart.com/)

Story

Twenty-one years ago, eighteen-year-old Alexandra La Bussiére, a star pupil at the MacAlistair Detective Agency in Haven, Oklahoma disappeared.

After many months of searching for her, the case went cold. After eight years, she was presumed dead. Only now that more evidence about notorious thief The Black Widow has come into light, Alexandra's name has been popping up. Are the two related? If so, how? Can the agents solve the case and thwart the Black Widow's schemes? Only you can do it! Play as Adam Liddell, detective at the MacAlistair Detective Agency! Solve the case, capture the crook, impress the boss! In The Black Widow! Coming, Spring 2013!

Characters

Sex: M
Dislikes:Rules, peppermint, cats
___

Though lazy, incredibly intelligent in various subjects, great at solving complex math equations.

Sex: F
Dislikes: Insubordination, loud noises, indolence
___

The director of the MacAlistair Detective Agency (started by her grandfather Alec MacAlistair in the 1940s). Never married, confident outlook on life, genuinely nice person with a heavy temper.

Sex: F
Dislikes: Idiots, religion

The brightest shining agent in MacAlistair history. Disappeared at the age of eighteen sometime after her brother, another agent, was assassinated.

___

Sex: F (assumed)
Dislikes: ?

A notorious thief of many different genres of items. Spanning from jewels to historical documents.

Organizations:

MacAlistair Detective Agency

The MacAlistair Detective Agency is a private detective agency whose headquarters is located in Haven, Oklahoma. It is ran by Allison MacAlistair, granddaughter of founder Alec MacAlistair. There are many branches of the agency all over the world.

Gnosis

Gnosis is a criminal organization led by the notorious Black Widow. Nobody has ever got a glimpse of him/her, but it is assumed The Black Widow is female. Gnosis has a large army all controlled by The Black Widow herself.

NUXOID Industries for Betterment of Life

NUXOID Industries was started by Ian Godwin in 2002 as a medical company. They specialized in artificial organs and were responsible for the zombie outbreak of 2012 with the side effects in their experimental longevity vitamins. Though it was contained quickly, few forgot about what almost became of the world. Nowadays in the year 2036 they are much more than a simple medical company. More than ninety percent of everything in the U.S. is manufactured by NUXOID. Food, computers, telephones, clothing, vehicles and pretty much anything else you can think of. NUXOID controls everyting, even though the U.S. techically has an established government supposedly the same as they have had for nearly three centuries. Many things that NUXOID does is funded by the government. It is oft wondered if the government controls NUXOID or NUXOID controls the government.
Last edited by benjy96 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image My Neocities home page.
“He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows or judge all he sees.” Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Re: The Black Widow

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:13 pm

The story looks interesting, is a game about investigation and such? I liked the screenshots, I just found a bit strange the way that computer was placed in that counter. By the way, have you played a game called Xenosaga? 'Cause Gnosis is the name of the game's creatures. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby benjy96 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:22 pm

D-Squall wrote:The story looks interesting, is a game about investigation and such? I liked the screenshots, I just found a bit strange the way that computer was placed in that counter. By the way, have you played a game called Xenosaga? 'Cause Gnosis is the name of the game's creatures. +::biggrin

Yes, it seems with that one table the computer never sits on it properly. I'll end up changing it later. Anyway, no I have not, I'm afraid. I used Gnosis because it is the common Greek noun for 'Knowledge'. And yes, it will be an investigation game. :)
“He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows or judge all he sees.” Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh, I didn't knew about the Gnosis word. Guess Xenosaga also got the word from there. It will have battles like a RPG game, or just investigation like some visual novel games?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby benjy96 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Not sure yet. I would like to, but it seems a little hard with the ultra-modern setting of the game.
benjy96
DreamLord of Myst

Return to Your Homemade Games