Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm (Official Thread)

Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm (Official Thread)

Postby Dark Gaia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am

Introduction

Being developed in the new RPG Maker VX Ace engine, Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm is an epic length traditional role playing game and a direct sequel to the much loved Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords.

Legionwood 2 offers you a 15+ hour quest that takes place in the sprawling empire of Trevelle which is filled with involving puzzles, challenging enemies and tons of adventures. A new class and sub-class system allows you to customise your characters to a high degree with over 80 different class combinations available.

Story Outline

Legionwood 2's story follows on from where Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords left off. It has been nearly three hundred years since Castoth was banished from the realm and the world has been at peace. However, it seems now that this peace was short lived. Barbarians from the western land of Entoban have invaded the empire of Trevelle, occupying two major cities near the western border. Lionel Morton, a guard in the Imperial Capital, has transfered to a battalion assigned to retaking the captured towns. Tonight, they move to liberate the city of Corinthe, where Lionel's lover Clara waits, alone and in danger.

Several other things of note have been happening in Trevelle of late: monster attacks seem to be on the increase for some unknown reason and trade with Charn in the north has mysteriously stopped without notice. Can these things be connected with the war that is seemingly about to engulf the Empire?

Game Features

- An epic length quest with 15+ hours of gameplay and lots of optional side quests.
- An interesting storyline about love, revenge, political intrigue and forgotten secrets with 6 fully developed protagonists.
- Tense Condition Turn Battle (CTB) inspired by Final Fantasy X featuring challenging foes who react intelligently.
- Intuitive class system for a high level of character customisation. Your Main Class determines your stat values, usable equipment and Tech category, but you can also equip a Sub Class, which grants you access to an addition category of Techs. Over 80 combinations are possible!

Screenshots

Download

The current released build of Legionwood 2, offering ~7 hours of RPG gameplay, can be downloaded here:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3811/
Last edited by Dark Gaia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Re: Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm (Official Thre

Postby Dark Gaia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am

Beta 3.0 is out!

Well met, Legionwood players! The third public release of Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm, Beta Build 3.0 is now online and ready to download. This major update includes the first half of Chapter 2: Aftermath and Alliance, adding around 2 hours of new content, including new locations, new Techs and one of two new classes (Ranger and Barbarian) to play depending on your morality, as well as numerous tweaks and bug fixes to existing content. In this release, you'll finally start to get to see your moral choices come into play as dungeons, treasures and quests change depending on the decisions you've made, and you'll need to play through the Beta twice, on both moral paths if you want to see it all.

The original plan was to have all of Chapter 2 available in this release, though this wasn't possible due to time constraints. Much of the time I spent working on this release was used to make sure the existing content is stable and free of any remaining bugs. I've updated all of the game's scripts and overhauled the engine while also tweaking the game's art style a little and implementing some more non-linear elements to the game in both of the chapters. All of this extra work unfortunately meant that I wasn't able to complete all of Chapter 2 as I had planned, so I decided to cut the chapter in half and save the rest for the next Beta.

So, if you've been itching for some more adventuring, download Beta 3.0 of Legionwood 2 and tuck in. This Beta contains over 6-7 hours of old-school RPG gameplay with more than enough content to (hopefully) keep you busy until the next big release. Players who are continuing from the previous release of the game can simply copy and paste their save file ("Save01.rvdata") into the Beta 3.0 directory to continue from where they left off, while new players can feel free to start right from the beginning and experience all of the new surprises that the revised Chapter 1 has to offer.

At the end of the Beta, remember to retain your save file for use in the next release, and please don't forget to report any bugs or issues that you find so that they can be fixed up.

Well, that's it for now. Please enjoy the new additions to the game, and stay tuned for news about Beta 4.0 and Legionwood going commercial (possibly), when it happens.

For those too lazy to scroll back to the opening post, get the Beta here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/3811/downloads/3435/
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 am

Looks well developed. Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your game! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Indy!

This is the game I'm considering going commercial with, by the way (well, I'm at about 90% certainty right now that I will be) so I should point out to any prospective players that this 7 hour or so Beta may well be the last free release of the game, as the full 20+ hour adventure needs to have at least some new content worth paying for. At that time, I'll probably replace the beta with a 2 to 3 hour demo.

The reason this beta exists here is because the game is still incomplete and in a less than polished state. Any feedback gained here will be taken on board and used to make the complete game a much better experience.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 am

You're welcome! Good luck with your game. When it's ready, I'll happily add it to the website. +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby briony » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:20 am

Help!! I am in the old ruins where you need the rosetta stone have jumped over a hole to get a chest but cannot open it nor when i jump to a red button will it let me push it down. What am i doing wrong and can anyone help. please+:: +::surrender
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 am

Hi briony, it turns out that the chest wouldn't open because the tile that you activate to jump was preventing the game from registering the Enter press on the chest. I have fixed it by moving that chest to a different tile. If you'd like the contents of that chest (it isn't much), please re-download and paste your save file into the new game.

As for the red button that won't press down, I wasn't able to find one that wasn't working. Is there any chance of a screenshot (Print Screen, paste in Paint, then attach to your post) so I know which one is giving you trouble?
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby briony » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 am

Dark Gaia wrote:Hi briony, it turns out that the chest wouldn't open because the tile that you activate to jump was preventing the game from registering the Enter press on the chest. I have fixed it by moving that chest to a different tile. If you'd like the contents of that chest (it isn't much), please re-download and paste your save file into the new game.

As for the red button that won't press down, I wasn't able to find one that wasn't working. Is there any chance of a screenshot (Print Screen, paste in Paint, then attach to your post) so I know which one is giving you trouble?

Sorry but not sure how to do that request but i can email that save to you if that helps thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 am

No need to do so, Briony. I've found and fixed the troublesome button. Please redownload if you'd like to get to the end of the dungeon.

Plus, here's an update.

Update!

Beta 3.2 is now online, which offers a few tweaks, bug fixes and small additions to the game.

Changes to Beta 3.0 and 3.1 include:

- Donation trays at churches are now fully functional. Donate 10 Kyphers for a 1 in 4 chance of getting a morality boost, or donate 400 or 800 Kyphers for guaranteed morality boosts (1 point for 400 and 2 points for 800).
- The Rusty Helmet in Dead Mountain (as part of helping the Revenant) can now only be picked up once, instead of an infinite amount of times.
- Most stealable battle-use items (such as Silk Sack and Eye Stone) and rares (such as Hannelores and Malt Ciders) have had their sell price reduced to 1 Kypher. This is because they used to sell for thousands of Kyphers and some players were farming money by stealing them over and over, which was breaking the game's balance. General items and sellable loot items (Chitin Scale, Wolf Pelt) have not been changed.
- The intro area now teaches new players how to save, and reminds them to do so often.
- Selecting "no" when asked if you want to watch the game's intro now actually skips it, as opposed to going into an infinite event loop.
- Tweaks have been made to several classes. The Defense and HP of Gunners, Rangers and magic casting classes has been slightly increased, and Magus and Cleric weapons (ie. Gold Sceptre) now grant a small Defense boost as well as Intellect and Wisdom.
- The Focus Headband and Shoulder Pad grant 5% more HP now. This is to offset the 5% penalty that equipping a sub-class gives you, which cancels out the effect of equipping these items.
- The Gladiator Blade has had its chances of inflicting statuses lowered and is now a 2 handed weapon. It also gives the user a 10% Defense penalty. This is to counterbalance the fact that it inflicts 3 different status effects.
- The Northern Keep dungeon is now fully operational. A chest and switch that were inoperable because of impassable tiles have now been fixed, and the quest can be completed. If you have good morality, you'll fight the Garuda boss, and if bad you'll fight the Dark Dragon boss.

In other news, Legionwood 2 will soon be going commercial. However, there will still be one more release before this comes to pass: as promised, the next release of the game (Beta 4.0) will become available very soon, adding the rest of Chapter 2 to the game and rounding off the first 10 or so hours of Legionwood 2's gameplay (roughly the first half of the overall game, which will be 20 hours long like Legionwood 1).

This Beta 4.0 build will be the final build of the game available for free (subsequent Beta builds will be released for registered beta testers only), and, following its release, the full game will begin retailing under the title of Heroes of Legionwood at the usual RPG Maker game portals, and Beta 4.0 will be replaced with the typical 1-2 hour commercial demo. At the moment, the price has not been set, but it will likely be no more than $9.95, and there will be plenty of opportunities for loyal players and beta testers to get their copy of the game for free. The full commercial release is currently slated for mid 2013 (still a long ways off) so, until then, please continue to consider Legionwood 2 to be a freely available RPG Maker game, and have fun.

Happy adventuring! :)
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby briony » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 am

Thank you I had just re-downloaded the newer version before your post and realized that the red button had been moved forward to allow me to press it. This game is awesome many thanks again
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby clear » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Thank you for the new build.
clear
Adventurer

Postby Saphira » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:33 am

I'm in the catacombs of Ferrum and when I roll the last ball onto its square the last lot of spikes won't go down so I can't get into the lower level. I've got the 3.2 version, is there a later one than that? Annoying to not be able to proceed.

The overall game experience is great. I'm really enjoying it. :)
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Saphira » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 am

OOPs, sorry, I'd forgotten to turn on the last switch +:oops:
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 am

Hi everyone! I'm just popping in to let you all know that Legionwood 2 is still in development, and the Beta 4 release is planned for April. In fact, I just hit 50% completion yesterday.

Beta 4 will cover the first 60% of the game and includes the entirety of chapters one and two. If you'd like to know more about what to expect, check out the announcement post I made on my website: http://drobertgrixti.com/2013/01/09/legionwood-2-resuming-development/

Development is taking a little longer than expected because of the fact that the second half of Chapter Two onwards starts to get quite non-linear and the player's morality really mixes things up, so I'm having to keep track of many more variables than usual and do more balancing and eventing as a result.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 am

Great, thanks for the heads-up! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Your Homemade Games