Don't see why not? +::Dunno
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Master of the Wind

Postby D-Squall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:10 pm

I tried about two years ago I think, it's a impressive game full of battles, great dungeons and lots of puzzles. I just didn't liked because there was really lots of puzzles. But it is a impressive game.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Beldarius » Sun May 12, 2013 2:13 pm

I love Master of the Wind - it ranks right up there on my list with LP/LF and The Way. The game is incredibly well-written as far as world-building, plot and dialogue goes. There are also several political references - you could in fact say MotW IS a great, big political reference. XD (Yaled the Hammer, anyone?) Also, I love the incredibly long cutscenes. They bring more to the story and make things more interesting, in fact Arc V is like reading a really good book with all the long cutscenes of Stoic's past. ...My only gripe is that the final battle was slightly too easy. XD It was easier than the fight against the second-to-last boss! (Then again, THAT battle was freakin' difficult and I nearly had a heart attack from all the close calls.)

The ending made me tear up a bit, all because of a certain character redeeming himself and coming back to his family. <3
"Young lady, stars shine only in the sky, and those that fall to Earth never shine again." - Anubis, Ronin Warriors

Note: I'm a girl, even though my avatar is not (he's Capricorn Shura from Saint Seiya, btw)
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby ArendJan » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I tried it. It's a pretty good game, but I care about visuals and the game really falls short on that end... Also there are TOO many puzzles.
ArendJan
Bard

Postby littlebro » Thu May 16, 2013 7:53 pm

There's also one bit (underwater) where you have to have lightning reflexes to get through a multiple fight sequence - and this is not a side quest, where such a mechanism would be acceptable, but the main story. If your reflexes are not ace-standard, you will be left stuck.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby ArendJan » Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 pm

littlebro wrote:There's also one bit (underwater) where you have to have lightning reflexes to get through a multiple fight sequence - and this is not a side quest, where such a mechanism would be acceptable, but the main story. If your reflexes are not ace-standard, you will be left stuck.

^

This. Difficult puzzles should be optional. There have been points where I had to backtrack like 20 times because I kept falling down or whatever during a puzzle. Very annoying. I should only have to do that for bonus items, side-quests, etc.
ArendJan
Bard

Postby littlebro » Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 am

ArendJan wrote:This. Difficult puzzles should be optional. There have been points where I had to backtrack like 20 times because I kept falling down or whatever during a puzzle. Very annoying. I should only have to do that for bonus items, side-quests, etc.

Exactly. This is possibly the thing I hate most in a game. I think it is an extremely poor design choice by a dev to go down this route. I know that this game has received a lot of praise, but I think it's fundamentally flawed because of it.
littlebro
Ranger

Return to Your Homemade Games