Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Haven

Haven

Postby Zer0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:33 pm

A plot to kill a queen, dimensional walls being breached and a powerful artifact uncovered. What do these have in common? You're caught in the middle of it all.
You are Vincent, once loyal guard to the royal family before being framed for a kings assassination. Vincents been forced into a corner and he'll have to use everything at his disposal to claw his way out and save his new home in Haven.

Discover an amazing journey which will take you across the frontier of civilization to the far corners of the world, arid deserts, lush forest and dark dungeons.

Features

Over 30 Playable characters to add to your party
More the 100 detailed maps to explore.
Beautifully crafted maps
A rich storyline and uncountable side quests
Over 20 Hours of main story
Hundreds of items / weapons and armor and skills to customize your style of play.
Customize what the stores in Haven are selling with a unique hire / fire system for shop keepers.

I'm super excited for this project its something for me I've wanted to do since I was a kid.

Discover the lore of Ferridan, in scrolls and books in this wonderful dark fantasy setting

Over 30 Playable characters to customize your party Voice acted script day/night cycles calendar system

About

Making Haven, I wanted to capture that feeling I had when I first played a final fantasy game or Lufia II for the first time, A strong story, likable characters (some un-likable ones), challenging puzzles and the excitement of finding a new area, a new item or a clue to drive the story further. I hope I can do that for all of you too. In addition I now get my own chance to add all those things I wanted from a game when i was growing up. I'm super excited for this project its something for me I've wanted to do since I was a kid.

Mike-

If you think this project interests you please support us over on our steam greenlight page
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... s/45436140
Last edited by Zer0 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Zer0
Peasant

New - Screenshots of Haven

Postby Zer0 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:14 am

Thought i'd post some new screenshots from Haven. Everything is going well and the game is still due for completion by October ^^yay

IMAGES FROM 31/7/15

IMAGES FROM 31/7/15

Mike

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =454361400
Last edited by Zer0 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zer0
Peasant

Re: Haven -

Postby Zer0 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Hey again guys,

Been working super crazy last few days on some art for game cut scenes thought id show you guys a few of my favorites .

Image Image

Image Image

let me know what you think

Mike -
Zer0
Peasant

Re: Haven

Postby Zer0 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Another big week for Haven

This week so much has been done, here's a quick list

The town of Silver Thorn is 90% complete

Day night cycles are fixed - NPC's will say different things depending on the day
    20 NPC's fleshed out each with at least 2 "game" weeks of dialog
    The Firite Mines maps are complete
    New character portraits for 'Elora' and 'Vincent' are done

20 new character portraits for the NPC's of Silver Thorn are complete and in place
    all Cut scenes and 'cut images' are finished for the first chapter of the game

I'm still on target for a late October release.

I'm still really enjoying the whole process of creating the world and the lore surrounding it. On release of the game there will also be a Digital E-Book for the Lore of Haven, I think I'm as excited to get that out there as I am about the game itself.

Here are some of the latest screens for Silver Thorn and the surrounding areas

Last edited by Zer0 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zer0
Peasant

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:21 pm

doawmload it?? where?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Looks like you're making a lot of progress.

Could I make one suggestion? I think you need to get a proofreader. There are a couple of screenshots (e.g. the very last one) where you have "your" instead of "you're". It is very hard to proofread your own work, and you will miss at least some of your mistakes. The players will spot them, however.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby briony » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51 pm

do you need a beta tester - I would be interested in testing the game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Zer0 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:59 am

Hey Littlebro,

Yes it is hard to pickup your own mistakes. Since these screens were taken I've gone back over more times then I care to count fixed all those errors. I've also got a few people doing play testing its about to get it's first round of QA testing this week. Still hoping to have it finished by the end of October but the game keeps getting bigger and bigger :D

Also Briony if you're interested in play testing Haven, I'll send you a Dropbox link to the first run of the game if your keen.

Thanks guys

Oh! and EgyLynx, sorry to say Haven isn't ready for download just yet. But it will be very soon so hang in there.

Mike.
Zer0
Peasant

Postby briony » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 am

thanks still interested so please send link when ready
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby EgyLynx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 am

Nice mapping... Came mind at maybe Indineras own games....

Well... ok...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Zer0 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:28 am

Thanks EgyLynx! I wanted to try and do something different with the mapping using photoshop rather then making tilesets. Takes a bit more time but I think its fitting a more realistic style over the cartoon/anime style that's popular with these games.
Zer0
Peasant

Postby briony » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:35 am

looking good so far
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby littlebro » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:42 am

I noticed on some of the maps you have a door between rooms - but there is a huge gap between one side of the door and the wall.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Zer0 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 am

Hey Littlebro,

Yes, I have noticed that, its due to using the door sprites that came in RMVX, I may go back and redraw the sprites myself to make the doors more substantial in appearance, but it depends if I get enough time since im still aiming to have this game ready by November.

Thanks for the feedback.
Zer0
Peasant

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:18 pm

+::O_o At free?
Anyway, not at all.
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Next

Return to Your Homemade Games