Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Black Butterflies

Re: Black Butterflies

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Decided to to go with th story but I didn't had the patience for that piano puzzle so I stopped.

May I suggest to fix the problem with Alvidia skill, what if the player only wants to see what kind of items can be created, it still spends 10 of her MP.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby zahra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Sure I'm going to fix her skill for this update :) btw if you don't want to play that puzzle for any reason, You can skip it after playing the first song which is fairly simple.
Have fun!
zahra
Peasant

Postby EgyLynx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Then i waiting...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Here again with more complaints, geez, all I do here is complain. lol

I like the game, really, but there are small issues that is making me impossible to keep playing. I was in Ice Rotlo and the enemies there are too annoying, I mean, if there was a escape option (which I already said it's needed) I would escape all. Normal attacks deals very little damage and while they don't do lots of damage like the enemies of the forest, when they come with group and they focus all their attacks in one character, it's painful. And the girl attacks does almost no damage to them, I wasted their MP trying to inflict any damage with the girl's skills.

Oh, and the journal. I was in the middle of the Crown quest, but the crow and in the journal it never was specified that I should bring the crown to the crow. So after I finally made the crow I was roaming around for a long time without knowing what to do, until I finally decided to go back to the swamp (those annoying fishes) and there was exactly where I should go.

While I do enjoy some exploring, I don't like being forced to do quests where there is no clue of how to begin. This crown quest, I couldn't steal the quest from the queen so I decided talking to everyone only to find out that stealing wasn't the goal but to make another, and then you think... why? It made no sense, and finally after finding the solution I had to make something red, even the character was annoyed like me lol Next time put more hints of how to complete. This stuff of making things without giving a single hint was in Eridani and Aveyond games which I sincerely hated it.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby zahra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:21 pm

hey D-Squall! I'm very happy to hear more from you! I love to read your feedback, I've worked on this game for 4 years to reach this moment :) I want to know what I need to change and improve in my game and your comments mean a lot to me. Please keep writing your suggestions. I really appreciate it +::heart *ahem* now let's get back to work

I'm planning to do a lot of improvements on battles for this update and I'm hoping it fixes most of the problems in game.

About the crown quest, I checked both journal and the crow itself and they both mention that you should bring the queen's crown for the crow. When you meet the crow for the first time it says "So you want to make her happy? I know how but first you must bring me her crown. I love golden things" and in the Journal it says "We met a crow in the swamp. It said there is a way to make Lora happy. We should give Lora's crown to it first." I don't see why you were misinformed. So if you have your previous savefiles, could you please check it again? maybe something is missing. Thanks in advance :)

I can see why you were confused with this "stealing" thing, I'll add more information about this one, Thank you for pointing this out :D

have fun!
zahra
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 am

Okay, I see about the crown quest. I'm still playing but what to do after giving the crown to the crow? I mean, I talked to the queen and to Hector but nothing happened.

Oh, I hope you don't see my complaints as bashing the game, but as some things that I think that if improved it could make the gameplay better. I also created games with RPGMaker, there's even one game of mine that I didn't completed which is here in the forum, so I know how it is hard to create a game.

EDIT: I couldn't find any treasure for the innkeeper, and it really bugs me that there is no resting place anywhere.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby EgyLynx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm

+:::| +::surrender
Only i seen worked at where begin... graah...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:30 pm

I was curious to see how to work the party switching during battles but when I removed all my characters just to test and then tried to put them back again, Alvidia disapared from the Party menu.

I like the game but I'm not playing anymore, I don't like having to do quests ALL THE TIME, I mean really, almost every single person which I talk ask for something in return for a favor GOD, worse, without giving a clue of how to complete it. I just completed the treasure quest and when I met Rhen she gave me another quest, I hate the absurd amount of backtracking that you have to do in this game, no thanks.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby zahra » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Hey everyone! The new update is out! Please check it out! :)

I've fixed bugs in the new update + slower enemies
It's sad to see you guys are disappointed. I tried to give the game an open atmosphere so the player can explore everywhere and find the clues and answers by himself, There isn't really anything hidden in the game if you explore the whole area.
Anyway, I care about what players say, So if you find it hard to continue, I'm going to write a full walkthrough for you.
There are 8 islands in the game so I'll write the walkthrough for each island and post them one by one. I hope you find it useful ^^

@D-Squall : Thank you for reporting bugs! I've fixed them now. A walkthrough will be ready ASAP so I hope you keep playing! The quest that Rhen gives you is the last one in this Island. There is a cave in the forest (Go left from the town exit until you find it) You'll probably need Arctic armor and weapon set to beat the enemies there. At the end of the cave, You'll find some clues to continue the quest.
D-Squall wrote:EDIT: I couldn't find any treasure for the innkeeper, and it really bugs me that there is no resting place anywhere.

There is a resting place at the inn, If you had talked to the man near the reception desk, He'd tell you that you can sleep in a room which is on the right corner of the inn. :)
D-Squall wrote:I was curious to see how to work the party switching during battles but when I removed all my characters just to test and then tried to put them back again, Alvidia disapared from the Party menu.

I've fixed this bug, It won't happen again if you play the game from the beginning. I know you don't want to do that, So I've put another solution for you in the game. Simply open one your most recent savefile which Alvilda is still present, Then find that cave I mentioned earlier and enter it. Now the problem is solved :)

Have a great day!
zahra
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:43 pm

zahra wrote:It's sad to see you guys are disappointed. I tried to give the game an open atmosphere so the player can explore everywhere and find the clues and answers by himself, There isn't really anything hidden in the game if you explore the whole area.
Anyway, I care about what players say, So if you find it hard to continue, I'm going to write a full walkthrough for you.
There are 8 islands in the game so I'll write the walkthrough for each island and post them one by one. I hope you find it useful ^^

I understand that you wanted to make an open atmosphere but sorry if I may sound rude, which is not my intention here, but I see this as a way to make the game larger by just backtracking everywhere. I mean, when Rhen gave me the quest to find evil energies she didn't said anything but that, so what? I should explore then entire place (which in that part I had done several times already) looking for this "evil energy", for me this is an absurd, especially when the area is not small and filled with enemies that are fast, some you can't avoid and without a escape option.

zahra wrote:There is a resting place at the inn, If you had talked to the man near the reception desk, He'd tell you that you can sleep in a room which is on the right corner of the inn.

As for the resting place, I mean before the INN. I had faced all the events in the Icy Town and the Ice Rotlo without resting, It was recovered only after I finished the events in Icy Town.

Sorry but a game that you are forced to make insane amount of backtracking and side-quests without a single clue of how to complete it is not for me.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby zahra » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Walkthrough is out for second and third islands! Check the first post! ^^

@D-Squall: It's ok, I'm glad you tried my game anyway :)
zahra
Peasant

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Hmm... That is long way these Home at inn.... Are i was go oing to endless from home to inn...
or take erecta and then kill some, rest home...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:39 pm

EgyLynx wrote:Hmm... That is long way these Home at inn.... Are i was go oing to endless from home to inn...
or take erecta and then kill some, rest home...

What?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Are you know that player can rest at home...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I wasn't at home. I was in the other island already.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Your Homemade Games