Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Teihrvalas

Teihrvalas

Postby RonGames » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 am

Hello Community,

Here is my first game I made with RPG Maker VX Ace.
It has been 6 months since it was first started.
https://youtu.be/rMwgXL6L7-U

Story:
You are the Son/Daughter of the village mayor. A peaceful land that has been struck by a new terror. The world shook and you set out to find the cause and help to bring an end to the troubles that have arrived. Monsters seemly appeared out of nowhere to plaque the people. Your quest has become clear, fight the new evil that has engulfed the lands in turmoil.

Features:
Character selection - During the game (and at the start) you get to choose which character(s) you wish to have in your party. Starting off with one and building to a full troop of four members.
Mouse support and gamepad of course.

Anyone that tries it, could you please let me know what you liked about it.
It's a much smaller game than what I'm making now, but I still need to get feedback from people.

Thanks

This is a completed game. I'm hoping I can make friends with Aldorlea and become a new developer for them.

http://www.newquestgaming.com
RonGames
Peasant

Re: Teihrvalas

Postby EgyLynx » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Q: How long is that other games demo just now?
Q: what other thinks youre use than MV (?) ?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby briony » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 am

Okay have started playing the game so this is my opinion as it stands:
1. very predictable game
2.Way too much fighting - all I seem to do through the pyramids is fight - take a few steps - fight- very boring!!
3. Silver chests are a great idea but should contain items that cannot be bought elsewhere or contain relics
4. Love the hidden chests but once again should contain rare items or players will not be bothered looking for them
5. Love the idea of choosing character at the beginning and also being able to choose new characters along the way
6 very basic scenery but there is always room for improvement as this is your 1st attempt at a game
7. Maybe add side quests/puzzles to give the game some more depth
Best of luck
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby RonGames » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 am

briony wrote:Okay have started playing the game so this is my opinion as it stands:
1. very predictable game
2.Way too much fighting - all I seem to do through the pyramids is fight - take a few steps - fight- very boring!!
3. Silver chests are a great idea but should contain items that cannot be bought elsewhere or contain relics
4. Love the hidden chests but once again should contain rare items or players will not be bothered looking for them
5. Love the idea of choosing character at the beginning and also being able to choose new characters along the way
6 very basic scenery but there is always room for improvement as this is your 1st attempt at a game
7. Maybe add side quests/puzzles to give the game some more depth
Best of luck

Thanks for playing.
I do agree with your thoughts. It was my first game and although there are good things about it, I appreciate your input on what to improve upon.
It is unlikely that I will improve upon this game, but my future games are going to address these issues.
1. It was predictable because it's the same theme as almost any other rpg game?
2. Yes, too much. I learned later that the step count of 30 is too low.
3. Relics or rare items, hmm. yes will do.
4. Same as 3. ok
5. It is one of the foundations of the games I am currently making.
6. Yes, default tilesets. (actually premade maps)
7. On it!
RonGames
Peasant

Return to Your Homemade Games